smb music?
i don't think so... i even filled a bug to the tracker
anyway, to make projectM work for smb shared files all you have to do is play a smb video before starting the music
it seems that somehow video doesn't get initialized from smb music Smile
succo Wrote:i don't think so... i even filled a bug to the tracker
anyway, to make projectM work for smb shared files all you have to do is play a smb video before starting the music
it seems that somehow video doesn't get initialized from smb music Smile

Thx. Do you also experience if you don't apply the workaround, the music stops after a while and XBMC stops running (=crashes) ? Again, no problem when playing music locally.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
that could be a problem with your network... did you have a look at the logs to see what happens?
succo Wrote:that could be a problem with your network... did you have a look at the logs to see what happens?

I'll try the dualboot Windows 7 on the same machine. If this works, its Ubuntu.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
mmmmmh
i don't know if it's known or what, but adding 'export LC_ALL="C"' at the top of /tools/linux/xbmc.sh.in (just after #!/bin/sh) solved the problems with projectm over smb... or at least, it was solved after i put it in, i don't know if it's something with latest builds or with that export
I'm experiencing the same as speedway. I suppose projectm just makes xbmc crashes after a while.
I can also confirm (if needed) that playing a samba shared video fixes projectm afterwards.
I'm now trying to find out if the crash is fixed too.
strange again... updated from 23014 to 23024 and (again) no way to have projectM work on remote sources without starting a remote video first... what changed between these versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smb music?0