Special CPU requirements?
Are the XBMC builds compiled using specific instructions like SSE2, SSE3?

I've been tying to get XBMC to work on an homebrew HTPC, which has endured many, many mediacenter software like Meedio, Tvedia, MCE, MediaPortal, etc. All have preformed fine and flawlessly over the years on a mere Celeron 1300 (MMX, SSE). However XBMC refuses to start. Doesn't even produce a log file.

Or are the any other dependencies worth mentioning?
just get a E8200...

videocard with opengl 2.0 and pixel shader 3 and your set...
icekiller Wrote:just get a E8200...

videocard with opengl 2.0 and pixel shader 3 and your set...

I took E2180. Much cheaper, OC'ed it to 3GHz without pumping up vcore.
To those who were talking "hot and noisy" when I came with my idea: cpu and radiator are cold (in hot days) even with crappy, box cooling.
Regards,
Embrion
it is currently compiled with sse2. It just doesn't start? or does it crash?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Charly Wrote:it is currently compiled with sse2. It just doesn't start? or does it crash?

Nope, doesn't start at all. No crashes. As you mentioned, it's compiled using SSE2 and this particular Celeron only includes MMX and SSE. Pitty, cause it handles all other without any hassle.

I own several other computers which play XBMC without any problem. I just would like it to work for this HTPC.
The easiest thing to do (as mentioned...) is to replace the CPU. However this machine, which I build several years ago into an used CD-player housing, is a dedicated HTPC with a sole purpose to play video and music content AND produce minimal noise.

And...having tried all other MediaCenter software out there..XBMC beats them all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special CPU requirements?0