FTP bug
I've noticed a bug when trying to upload files from one XBox to another using XBMC:
If there is a "#" in the filename, the filename ends with a space " ", and probably under many other conditions, a FTP transfer fails. File transfers work fine from XBMC <--> Filezilla standalone on Linux.

I've also noticed this in the XBMC for Linux version.

I'm sure this is just a parsing bug somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look or how to find the code at fault. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
noticed in the xbmc for linux version? good job, as there's no ftp server there Wink

in any case, enable the fatx limiter and it should work on xbox. if not its all about libfileZilla
Thanks for the quick response; I will try those as soon as I get back.

The suggestions seem to assume a server-side problem. I'm pretty sure the error is occuring when XBMC is an ftp client (in the XBMC for Linux case, a separate XBox running XBMC was the server). According to the logs, the XBox was asked for a truncated name. For example, if the XBox server held an name "blah#halb.mp3", an XBox client trying to download it would ask for "blah".
maybe it's CUtil::MakeLegalFileName wrecking havoc again?
I think the issue is in the CURL class. There is a line in the constructor:
<I>int iOptions = strURL.find_first_of("?;#", iPos);</I>
...and the chaos follows.

I can't figure out why it's parsing it, being that iOptions is never used.

How should I proceed?
That's to parse out http cgi option parameters. The "ftp" protocols should probably be removed from the protocol list as options are not valid for them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Will do. While I'm at it, are there any others that should also be removed?
Patch submitted

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
submitted to svn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP bug0