• 35(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
Hi Millhouse, I've stopped using RPi (usb died) but thanks for your hard work with these releases Cool

And an FYI, currently i'm using a windows OS with Kodi v 19 daily which has been working well.
Working well that is until the python 3 update  in master branch you mentioned above.

Sadly, unlike your build, the windows 19 build doesn't seem have a build thread to report issues that I've found.
But as the problems i'm having are add-on related, it will no doubt impact RPi uses just as it is impacting me.

The addon's i'm using are "Kodi Windows Installer" and "Log File View for Kodi" (amoungst others) which are broken for all platforms based on Kodi master (i assume).
Do you know if the Kodi team has any strategy or are doing anything to assist the addon autors in updating their wares to python 3?
I ask becasue these above mentioned addons haven't been touched for 9 months and 2 years as i can see.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2019-10-19, 03:25)skylarking Wrote: Do you know if the Kodi team has any strategy or are doing anything to assist the addon autors in updating their wares to python 3?
I ask becasue these above mentioned addons haven't been touched for 9 months and 2 years as i can see.

There's a "Python3 Migration" sub-forum here which may be worth monitoring. However I think it's intended as a shared resource add-on developers, rather than end-users so it may not be appropriate to post about individual broken add-ons.

Team Kodi will help add-on developers to migrate their add-ons (as much as possible, without actually becoming the maintainers) but if an add-on is abandoned and not migrated to Python3 then it's highly likely it will simply be killed off (removed from the Kodi 19 repository). There is an expectation that some add-ons will never be migrated. If an add-on appears to be abandoned hopefully a new maintainer will come forward.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-10-19, 06:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 03:25)skylarking Wrote: Do you know if the Kodi team has any strategy or are doing anything to assist the addon autors in updating their wares to python 3?

There's a "Python3 Migration" sub-forum here which may be worth monitoring. However I think it's intended as a shared resource add-on developers, rather than end-users so it may not be appropriate to post about individual broken add-ons.

Team Kodi will help add-on developers to migrate their add-ons (as much as possible, without actually becoming the maintainers) but if an add-on is abandoned and not migrated to Python3 then it's highly likely it will simply be killed off (removed from the Kodi 19 repository). There is an expectation that some add-ons will never be migrated. If an add-on appears to be abandoned hopefully a new maintainer will come forward. 
Thanks for the heads up.

Hope that the add-on authors/maintainers are able to spend the required time to update from python 2 to 3 but sometimes life means such tasks take a back seat Nod
Guess i'll monitor the situation but for the moment revert to an earlier release that copes with python 2 (i need my netflix) Wink

Thanks again to all the volunteers for all their efforts in bring us Kodi and it's various add-ons Cool
I'm a XBMC novice :)
With ref to recent post from skylarking with Milhouse response about python 3 impact to suspended nightly builds. With #1012 installed on my rpi3 b+, I hit issue at end of last week with a number of kodi add-ons being automatically updated, impacting other kodi add-ons I had personally installed.

I rolled back to current latest official LibreELEC 9.2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1.501.img.gz build, but this did not resolve issue. (I was not clearly thinking through issue, that any installed add-on would remain at latest installed version and rolling back to an earlier official build of Libreelec; not a quick fix)
I then from PC over network to rpi, checked for recent updates to kodi add-ons within .kodi\addons folder, rolled back to previous version of couple of add-ons in list below (known add-on dependencies to an installed add-on with issues) and everything working correctly again for specific add-on.

Following is list of addons noted as updated since 12/10. (popping into packages folder, able to find previous version of each addon within zip and replace over version held within addons folder etc)

Thought it useful to mention here for anyone else who may wonder why an addon is not working anymore on an installed Nightly, with method to resolve without complete rebuild/refresh.
Will stay on latest official LibreELEC 9.2 build, whilst nightlies suspended for kodi Python 3 update focus.
(2019-10-21, 20:06)MikeKL Wrote: With ref to recent post from skylarking with Milhouse response about python 3 impact to suspended nightly builds. With #1012 installed on my rpi3 b+, I hit issue at end of last week with a number of kodi add-ons being automatically updated, impacting other kodi add-ons I had personally installed.

I rolled back to current latest official LibreELEC 9.2 LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1.501.img.gz build, but this did not resolve issue. (I was not clearly thinking through issue, that any installed add-on would remain at latest installed version and rolling back to an earlier official build of Libreelec; not a quick fix)
I then from PC over network to rpi, checked for recent updates to kodi add-ons within .kodi\addons folder, rolled back to previous version of couple of add-ons in list below (known add-on dependencies to an installed add-on with issues) and everything working correctly again for specific add-on.

Following is list of addons noted as updated since 12/10. (popping into packages folder, able to find previous version of each addon within zip and replace over version held within addons folder etc)

Thought it useful to mention here for anyone else who may wonder why an addon is not working anymore on an installed Nightly, with method to resolve without complete rebuild/refresh.
Will stay on latest official LibreELEC 9.2 build, whilst nightlies suspended for kodi Python 3 update focus.
yes, hide your local ip Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2019-10-21, 20:06)MikeKL Wrote: Thought it useful to mention here for anyone else who may wonder why an addon is not working anymore on an installed Nightly, with method to resolve without complete rebuild/refresh.

Yeah.... I guess addons in the Kodi master repo (not under LE control) may be being updated with new versions that now include "Python3" support, but this support is breaking Python2-based Kodi 19 installs. Sad

It's likely developers have decided to branch their addons, continuing to support Python2-only for Kodi 18 and older, and supporting only Python3 for Kodi 19+ - aside from the extra effort of maintaining two versions of the add-on, it does mean the Kodi 19 version is "cleaner" from a Python point-of-view (ie. no Python2 compatibility hacks).

I'm hopeful that we can soon resume nightly testing on Sunday with a Kodi 19 build based on Python 3.7.5, and Samba 4.11.1. The only missing piece right now is the LibreELEC Settings add-on which makes upgrading/downgrading tricky (as there's currently no LE Settings GUI), but I may provide a command line alternative as a short term solution until the add-on is ready for testing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #1028: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 9bba9faa377cc6144d0a0461216c10b0c78f5e31dab3036e674fe3b0bd2581cd (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 62c75ad8aa8742a49282f31901c1ac462c5a378ef06f723e6e96c453dcaa24a0 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 5.3.7 #1 Mon Oct 28 22:50:00 GMT 2019 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 28 2019 18:56:11
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 764b271ca8046b0f9c71a38cba02efdf752682fc (tainted) (release) (start_x)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20191028224923-#1028-g04e6398 [Build #1028]

# Kodi version
Kodi (19.0-ALPHA1 Git:29f64ce). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (04e6398, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (29f64ce, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (arm_loader; display power mailbox call)
  2. New 5.3.7 kernel
  3. Replace Python 2.7.16 with Python 3.7.5
  4. samba-4.11.1; openssl-1.1.1d; gnutls-3.6.10; zstd-1.4.3; curl-7.66.0; sqlite-3.29.0
    Quote:Aaaand we're back... - thanks for your patience! :)

Python3
    This is the first test build with Python3, and without Python2. A lot of addons that haven't yet updated to (or added support for) Python3 will now be broken. Kodi 19 addons and scripts that have updated to support Python3 (and no longer support Python2) may now be working better than before (with #1012 and older builds).

The migration to Python 3 is likely to be a bumpy road - please raise add-on issues with the respective addon/script maintainers in the first instance. If there are issues with the LibreELEC implementation of Python3 then I'm more than happy to investigate.

The YouTube addon appears to be working normally with Python3 in LibreELEC #1028, so hopefully there aren't too many implementation issues that remain.

LibreELEC Settings Addon
    One temporary casualty of the Python3 change is the LibreELEC Settings add-on - this is being actively worked on, but still maybe a week or so away. Expect to see errors when trying to access it.

As the LibreELEC Settings add-on is required to upgrade/downgrade, I've added an alternative command line solution called mhupdate to allow upgrading/downgrading, just run mhupdate 0 to upgrade to the latest release, specify a relative offset for an older release (ie. mhupdate -1 for the previous release), or a specific build code eg. mhupdate 1028. Run it without arguments to see a list of the 7 most recent releases.

Samba
    This build includes Samba 4.11.1, which is quite a big update from Samba 4.9.13.

SMB1 support is now disabled by default as the defaults for client min protocol and server min protocol have been changed to SMB2_02.

This change is unlikely to affect most users that have already disabled SMB1 in their networks.

From the 4.11.0 changelog:
    text:

SMB1 is officially deprecated and might be removed step by step
    in the following years. If you have a strong requirement for SMB1
    (except for supporting old Linux Kernels), please file a bug
    at https://bugzilla.samba.org and let us know about the details.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 28):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Fix explicit kernel name handling. See: link
    • firmware: Added a new display power mailbox call
    • firmware: Update display_power gencmd with optional display id. See: link
    • firmware: Remove legacy pkgconfig to avoid Mesa conflicts. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add os_prefix option. See: link
    • firmware: Add support for arbitrary memory specification
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux (Generic/RPi/Allwinner): update to linux-5.3.5 (PR:3857, 17 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:3881, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
      • openssl: update to 1.1.1d
      • libgcrypt: update to 1.8.5
      • zstd: update to 1.4.3
      • curl: update to 7.66.0
    • Package updates (PR:3880, 10 commits, 10 files changed)
      • sdl2: update to 2.0.10
      • sqlite: update to 3.29.0
      • rsync: move to network folder
      • libidn2: update to 2.2.0
      • tz: update to 2019c
      • nano: update to 4.4
      • libjpeg-turbo: update to 2.0.3
      • fakeroot: update to 1.23
      • libaio: update to 0.3.112
      • gnutls: update to 3.6.10
    • open-vm-tools: update to open-vm-tools-stable-11.0.0 (PR:3861, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg-tools: update ffmpegx and opus (PR:3884, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • samba: enable nmblookup, for kodi (PR:3907, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Amlogic mkimage: use DISTRO labels (PR:3910, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: Enable btrfs support also on 32-bit kernel (PR:3913, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: HEVC stability fixes (PR:3915, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • mesonbuild: udate to 0.52 (PR:3895, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • libretro-stella: fix PKG_LIBNAME (PR:3916, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libretro-stella: update to libretro-stella-6d74ad9 (PR:3918, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • init: unmount /update after a failed update (PR:3919, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: Pick upstreamed patches (PR:3926, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • U-Boot: Update to 2019.10 (PR:3924, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • open-vm-tools: update to open-vm-tools-stable-11.0.1 (PR:3932, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • config/functions: ensure enable_service tells us why it failed (PR:3934, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • samba: update to samba-4.9.14 (PR:3933, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pulseaudio: switch to use meson (PR:3928, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • zstd: switch to use meson (PR:3930, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fribidi: switch to use meson (PR:3931, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • audiodecoder.usf: NEON required, don't build for Slice (PR:3940, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pulseaudio: enable speex support (PR:3929, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • binary addons: update to latest Leia versions (PR:3914, 3 commits, 33 files changed)
    • buildsystem: host packages should not depend on cross-compiler (PR:3923, 2 commits, 42 files changed)
    • libdrm: updated to 2.4.100 / cleaned up package (PR:3917, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dav1d: updated to 0.5.0 (PR:3900, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • avahi: remove disallow-other-stacks=yes (PR:3888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • tinyxml2: update to tinyxml2-7.1.0 (PR:3774, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • freetype: update to freetype-2.10.1 (PR:3797, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dosfstools/e2fsprogs: update to latest (PR:3858, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
    • udev: fix systemd-243 warnings (PR:3864, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: rebuild whenever libraries change (PR:3903, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • AMD driver updates 19.1.0 (PR:3911, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • binutils: update to binutils-2.33.1 (PR:3901, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3 (PR:3906, 8 commits, 53 files changed)
    • Revert "kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3" (PR:3943, 1 commit, 53 files changed)
    • kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot (last commits prior to Python3) (PR:3908, 10 commits, 53 files changed)
    • tools/fixlecode.py: initial commit (PR:3904, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: add the ability to specify the u-boot target to build (PR:3651, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • amlogic: update kodi-guisize patch after Matrix bump (PR:3945, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner/kodi: rebase guisize patch for kodi-19 (PR:3946, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: H6: Add RC keymap for Beelink GS1 (PR:3948, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • cmake: needs pkg-config:host (PR:3949, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • texturecache.py: update to texturecache.py-2.5.2 (PR:3950, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: Adding support for Imon UltraBay (id 0x98) ,which is another "15c2:ffdc" device (PR:3815, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • Add ratings bubble also to "Shift" view (PR:16732, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] fix studio icon name (PR:16758, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Several Joystick keymap changes related to the B button and back buttons. (PR:15268, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Move from python 2 to python 3 (PR:16116, 17 commits, 78 files changed)
    • [Music]Reduce repeated parsing of path to get node details (PR:16724, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Code clarity: Separate GetVolumePercent() and GetVolumeRatio() (PR:16759, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • [guiinfo]Fix Musicplayer.Property(Role.xxx) info labels (PR:16784, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "[skin.estuary/pvr] Add support for more meta data to PVR info (PR:16788, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [macos] Fix only quarter of screen rendered in windowed mode and certain fullscreen resolutions on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) (PR:16789, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoTagInfoLoaderFFmpeg: Resolve stack before trying to process (PR:16797, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert setting playcount to PLAYCOUNT_NOT_SET on video items read from cache (PR:16804, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Android][Python] remove wrong platform suffix from PyCryptodome native libraries (PR:16790, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Uniforming shown media flags in Movie library view and Info view (PR:16778, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] add scrollbar to settings dialogs (PR:16782, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • xbmc.python bump to 3.0.0 (PR:16787, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Android] added more program information for android tv channels (PR:16741, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Build cache filename using just path without options string (PR:16805, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • DRMPRIME: Cleanup and improvements (PR:16800, 10 commits, 12 files changed)
    • [macos] Improve and fix the fix for only quarter of screen rendered i (PR:16823, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] Fix editing channels via channel manager (PR:16799, 2 commits, 67 files changed)
    • Docs: Add python3-dev as dependency since we bumped the python version (PR:16794, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [addons][game] change addon system to C++ style (PR:16453, 3 commits, 24 files changed)
    • [darwin] modernize obj-c common darwin code (PR:16710, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons][game] fix crash where NULL was given to std::string (PR:16829, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons][vis][gui] improve visualization support (PR:16718, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • VAAPI: fix use after free in CVAAPIContext::DestroyContext (PR:16763, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • remove g_mediaManager global (PR:16261, 1 commit, 57 files changed)
    • System.HasAddon() - return true for disabled addons (PR:16707, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [profiles] Do always stop PVR services on logoff. Restart PVR service (PR:16842, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Game add-ons: Document the subsystem architecture (b020fe1)
    • Game add-ons: Architecture documentation (#16776) (eea94f3)
  4. libnfs:
    • fix for find_package from downstream clients (PR:300, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  5. peripheral.joystick:
    • build with Kodi master (Matrix) API / version to 1.5.0 (PR:170, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  6. pvr.demo:
    • 4.1.1: Fix unitialized PVR_RECORDING struct in GetRecordings. Get rid (PR:73, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • Code cleanup & Fix for aborted vs. stopped recordings (PR:432, 10 commits, 42 files changed)
  8. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Add channel logo extension for relative paths only (PR:292, 5 commits, 11 files changed)
  9. pvr.teleboy:
    • Correctly load genres (PR:26, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/Leia' into Matrix (f04e06e)
  10. pvr.vbox:
    • Get stream times matrix (PR:225, 7 commits, 39 files changed)
    • Fix time offset matrix and remove external XMLTV (PR:226, 5 commits, 17 files changed)
    • Boot crash fix matrix (PR:228, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Coding guidelines (PR:230, 4 commits, 55 files changed)
  11. pvr.vuplus:
    • [Matrix] add new add-on icon (PR:257, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Logger fix ported from pvr.hts and fix time_t format specifiers seg faults (PR:261, 4 commits, 9 files changed)
  12. pvr.zattoo:
    • Serialize sending EPG to Kodi (PR:58, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/Leia' into Matrix (3ac1ab9)
  13. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: rev hack for kodi
    • Updated: [env] PR:3807 (perma): rpi-eeprom: update to latest rpi-eeprom
    • Updated: [env] PR:3902 (perma): linux (Generic/RPi/Allwinner): update to linux-5.3.11
    • Added: [env] patch: kodi: add mhupdate
    • Added: [env] PR:3896 (perma): init: move cpufreq tuning to systemd service
    • Added: [env] PR:3921 (perma): Python2: Bye bye.
    • Added: [env] PR:3935 (perma): tools/checkunpack: mass unpack tester
    • Added: [env] PR:3944 (perma): kodi (Generic): update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3
    • Added: [pkg] PR:141 (perma): update to support vl805 (service.libreelec.settings)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:16813 (perma): Fix crashes due to missing TrueHD overrun checks
New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #1029: RPi / RPi2

SHA256 Checksum: 3f213e43acbf4f9dff52358d1da3f57f657c31ec6912b2bf824283dba2b3c8f4 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: d0f59866a1494b0b274755cd8c9fc0c43c5ebdaaba53c14e110808022cc9e650 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 5.3.7 #1 Wed Oct 30 00:22:42 GMT 2019 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20191030001709-#1029-g509dbb2 [Build #1029]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (509dbb2, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (29f64ce, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop whitelist v2 (due to lack of progress towards merging)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • v4l-utils: update to 1.18.0 (PR:3947, 6 commits, 24 files changed)
    • tools/checkunpack: mass unpack tester (PR:3935, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Python2: Bye bye. (PR:3921, 35 commits, 78 files changed)
    • util-linux: add missing dependencies (PR:3953, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:3902 (perma): linux (Generic/RPi/Allwinner): update to linux-5.3.11
    • Added: [env] PR:3939 (perma): mesa: update to mesa-19.2.2
(2019-10-29, 02:01)Milhouse Wrote: New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #1028: RPi / RPi2(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 9bba9faa377cc6144d0a0461216c10b0c78f5e31dab3036e674fe3b0bd2581cd (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 62c75ad8aa8742a49282f31901c1ac462c5a378ef06f723e6e96c453dcaa24a0 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 5.3.7 #1 Mon Oct 28 22:50:00 GMT 2019 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20191028224923-#1028-g04e6398 [Build #1028]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (04e6398, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (29f64ce, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (arm_loader; display power mailbox call)
  2. New 5.3.7 kernel
  3. Replace Python 2.7.16 with Python 3.7.5
  4. samba-4.11.1; openssl-1.1.1d; gnutls-3.6.10; zstd-1.4.3; curl-7.66.0; sqlite-3.29.0
    Quote:Aaaand we're back... - thanks for your patience! Smile

Python3
    This is the first test build with Python3, and without Python2. A lot of addons that haven't yet updated to (or added support for) Python3 will now be broken. Kodi 19 addons and scripts that have updated to support Python3 (and no longer support Python2) may now be working better than before (with #1012 and older builds).

The migration to Python 3 is likely to be a bumpy road - please raise add-on issues with the respective addon/script maintainers in the first instance. If there are issues with the LibreELEC implementation of Python3 then I'm more than happy to investigate.

The YouTube addon appears to be working normally with Python3 in LibreELEC #1028, so hopefully there aren't too many implementation issues that remain.

LibreELEC Settings Addon
    One temporary casualty of the Python3 change is the LibreELEC Settings add-on - this is being actively worked on, but still maybe a week or so away. Expect to see errors when trying to access it.

As the LibreELEC Settings add-on is required to upgrade/downgrade, I've added an alternative command line solution called mhupdate to allow upgrading/downgrading, just run mhupdate 0 to upgrade to the latest release, specify a relative offset for an older release (ie. mhupdate -1 for the previous release), or a specific build code eg. mhupdate 1028. Run it without arguments to see a list of the 7 most recent releases.

Samba
    This build includes Samba 4.11.1, which is quite a big update from Samba 4.9.13.

SMB1 support is now disabled by default as the defaults for client min protocol and server min protocol have been changed to SMB2_02.

This change is unlikely to affect most users that have already disabled SMB1 in their networks.

From the 4.11.0 changelog:
    text:

SMB1 is officially deprecated and might be removed step by step
    in the following years. If you have a strong requirement for SMB1
    (except for supporting old Linux Kernels), please file a bug
    at https://bugzilla.samba.org and let us know about the details.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 28):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Fix explicit kernel name handling. See: link
    • firmware: Added a new display power mailbox call
    • firmware: Update display_power gencmd with optional display id. See: link
    • firmware: Remove legacy pkgconfig to avoid Mesa conflicts. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add os_prefix option. See: link
    • firmware: Add support for arbitrary memory specification
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux (Generic/RPi/Allwinner): update to linux-5.3.5 (PR:3857, 17 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:3881, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
      • openssl: update to 1.1.1d
      • libgcrypt: update to 1.8.5
      • zstd: update to 1.4.3
      • curl: update to 7.66.0
    • Package updates (PR:3880, 10 commits, 10 files changed)
      • sdl2: update to 2.0.10
      • sqlite: update to 3.29.0
      • rsync: move to network folder
      • libidn2: update to 2.2.0
      • tz: update to 2019c
      • nano: update to 4.4
      • libjpeg-turbo: update to 2.0.3
      • fakeroot: update to 1.23
      • libaio: update to 0.3.112
      • gnutls: update to 3.6.10
    • open-vm-tools: update to open-vm-tools-stable-11.0.0 (PR:3861, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg-tools: update ffmpegx and opus (PR:3884, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • samba: enable nmblookup, for kodi (PR:3907, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Amlogic mkimage: use DISTRO labels (PR:3910, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: Enable btrfs support also on 32-bit kernel (PR:3913, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: HEVC stability fixes (PR:3915, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • mesonbuild: udate to 0.52 (PR:3895, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • libretro-stella: fix PKG_LIBNAME (PR:3916, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libretro-stella: update to libretro-stella-6d74ad9 (PR:3918, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • init: unmount /update after a failed update (PR:3919, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: Pick upstreamed patches (PR:3926, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • U-Boot: Update to 2019.10 (PR:3924, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • open-vm-tools: update to open-vm-tools-stable-11.0.1 (PR:3932, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • config/functions: ensure enable_service tells us why it failed (PR:3934, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • samba: update to samba-4.9.14 (PR:3933, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pulseaudio: switch to use meson (PR:3928, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • zstd: switch to use meson (PR:3930, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fribidi: switch to use meson (PR:3931, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • audiodecoder.usf: NEON required, don't build for Slice (PR:3940, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pulseaudio: enable speex support (PR:3929, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • binary addons: update to latest Leia versions (PR:3914, 3 commits, 33 files changed)
    • buildsystem: host packages should not depend on cross-compiler (PR:3923, 2 commits, 42 files changed)
    • libdrm: updated to 2.4.100 / cleaned up package (PR:3917, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dav1d: updated to 0.5.0 (PR:3900, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • avahi: remove disallow-other-stacks=yes (PR:3888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • tinyxml2: update to tinyxml2-7.1.0 (PR:3774, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • freetype: update to freetype-2.10.1 (PR:3797, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dosfstools/e2fsprogs: update to latest (PR:3858, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
    • udev: fix systemd-243 warnings (PR:3864, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: rebuild whenever libraries change (PR:3903, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • AMD driver updates 19.1.0 (PR:3911, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • binutils: update to binutils-2.33.1 (PR:3901, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3 (PR:3906, 8 commits, 53 files changed)
    • Revert "kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3" (PR:3943, 1 commit, 53 files changed)
    • kodi: update to kodi 19 snapshot (last commits prior to Python3) (PR:3908, 10 commits, 53 files changed)
    • tools/fixlecode.py: initial commit (PR:3904, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: add the ability to specify the u-boot target to build (PR:3651, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • amlogic: update kodi-guisize patch after Matrix bump (PR:3945, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner/kodi: rebase guisize patch for kodi-19 (PR:3946, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allwinner: H6: Add RC keymap for Beelink GS1 (PR:3948, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • cmake: needs pkg-config:host (PR:3949, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • texturecache.py: update to texturecache.py-2.5.2 (PR:3950, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: Adding support for Imon UltraBay (id 0x98) ,which is another "15c2:ffdc" device (PR:3815, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • Add ratings bubble also to "Shift" view (PR:16732, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] fix studio icon name (PR:16758, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Several Joystick keymap changes related to the B button and back buttons. (PR:15268, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Move from python 2 to python 3 (PR:16116, 17 commits, 78 files changed)
    • [Music]Reduce repeated parsing of path to get node details (PR:16724, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Code clarity: Separate GetVolumePercent() and GetVolumeRatio() (PR:16759, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • [guiinfo]Fix Musicplayer.Property(Role.xxx) info labels (PR:16784, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "[skin.estuary/pvr] Add support for more meta data to PVR info (PR:16788, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [macos] Fix only quarter of screen rendered in windowed mode and certain fullscreen resolutions on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) (PR:16789, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoTagInfoLoaderFFmpeg: Resolve stack before trying to process (PR:16797, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert setting playcount to PLAYCOUNT_NOT_SET on video items read from cache (PR:16804, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Android][Python] remove wrong platform suffix from PyCryptodome native libraries (PR:16790, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Uniforming shown media flags in Movie library view and Info view (PR:16778, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] add scrollbar to settings dialogs (PR:16782, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • xbmc.python bump to 3.0.0 (PR:16787, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Android] added more program information for android tv channels (PR:16741, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Build cache filename using just path without options string (PR:16805, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • DRMPRIME: Cleanup and improvements (PR:16800, 10 commits, 12 files changed)
    • [macos] Improve and fix the fix for only quarter of screen rendered i (PR:16823, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] Fix editing channels via channel manager (PR:16799, 2 commits, 67 files changed)
    • Docs: Add python3-dev as dependency since we bumped the python version (PR:16794, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [addons][game] change addon system to C++ style (PR:16453, 3 commits, 24 files changed)
    • [darwin] modernize obj-c common darwin code (PR:16710, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons][game] fix crash where NULL was given to std:Confusedtring (PR:16829, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons][vis][gui] improve visualization support (PR:16718, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • VAAPI: fix use after free in CVAAPIContext:Big GrinestroyContext (PR:16763, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • remove g_mediaManager global (PR:16261, 1 commit, 57 files changed)
    • System.HasAddon() - return true for disabled addons (PR:16707, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [profiles] Do always stop PVR services on logoff. Restart PVR service (PR:16842, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Game add-ons: Document the subsystem architecture (b020fe1)
    • Game add-ons: Architecture documentation (#16776) (eea94f3)
  4. libnfs:
    • fix for find_package from downstream clients (PR:300, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  5. peripheral.joystick:
    • build with Kodi master (Matrix) API / version to 1.5.0 (PR:170, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  6. pvr.demo:
    • 4.1.1: Fix unitialized PVR_RECORDING struct in GetRecordings. Get rid (PR:73, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • Code cleanup & Fix for aborted vs. stopped recordings (PR:432, 10 commits, 42 files changed)
  8. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Add channel logo extension for relative paths only (PR:292, 5 commits, 11 files changed)
  9. pvr.teleboy:
    • Correctly load genres (PR:26, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/Leia' into Matrix (f04e06e)
  10. pvr.vbox:
    • Get stream times matrix (PR:225, 7 commits, 39 files changed)
    • Fix time offset matrix and remove external XMLTV (PR:226, 5 commits, 17 files changed)
    • Boot crash fix matrix (PR:228, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Coding guidelines (PR:230, 4 commits, 55 files changed)
  11. pvr.vuplus:
    • [Matrix] add new add-on icon (PR:257, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Logger fix ported from pvr.hts and fix time_t format specifiers seg faults (PR:261, 4 commits, 9 files changed)
  12. pvr.zattoo:
    • Serialize sending EPG to Kodi (PR:58, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/Leia' into Matrix (3ac1ab9)
  13. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: rev hack for kodi
    • Added: [env] patch: kodi: add mhupdate
    • Added: [env] PR:3896 (perma): init: move cpufreq tuning to systemd service
    • Added: [env] PR:3921 (perma): Python2: Bye bye.
    • Added: [env] PR:3935 (perma): tools/checkunpack: mass unpack tester
    • Added: [env] PR:3944 (perma): kodi (Generic): update to kodi 19 snapshot with Python3
    • Added: [pkg] PR:141 (perma): update to support vl805 (service.libreelec.settings)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:16813 (perma): Fix crashes due to missing TrueHD overrun checks

Hi, a big compliment to your tireless work. After the #1012, important addons like Netflix, Amazon VOD and Hyperion have broken for me. I think it`s the change from Python2 to Python3. Especially Hyperion makes me a brain.

Is there a timely solution?
Big Thanks for helping a noob :D
(2019-10-30, 20:49)Cosmicbase Wrote: Is there a timely solution?

It entirely depends on the add-on maintainers updating their add-ons.

The Netflix add-on is under new management and Python3 support is being added (work in progress) - keep an eye on https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...x/pull/211, and switch to the CastagnaIT repo as the original asciidisco repo is now deprecated.
(2019-10-30, 22:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 20:49)Cosmicbase Wrote: Is there a timely solution?

It entirely depends on the add-on maintainers updating their add-ons.

The Netflix add-on is under new management and Python3 support is being added (work in progress) - keep an eye on https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...x/pull/211, and switch to the CastagnaIT repo as the original asciidisco repo is now deprecated. 
Thanks for the hint! Is there anything about Hyperion in relation to Python3?
Big Thanks for helping a noob :D
(2019-10-30, 22:53)Cosmicbase Wrote: Is there anything about Hyperion in relation to Python3?

I don't really know, never used it... your best option is to find the Hyperion support thread (if there is one) and ask the maintainer.
@Cosmicbase - with apologies to Milhouse to ask here, but can you please reduce your signature size?

Our forum rules (wiki) allow a maximum of 4 lines of standard size, yours is too large.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #1030: RPi / RPi2

SHA256 Checksum: 38bcdcc9c4fc8f8e3e08eb637595bd0fa90bcd7923dfcceb916c7c561642a190 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 968aa1d929e92a7cdf90cd2a2a92b92a105fde5d1dd05e405fb87394784c251c (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 5.3.7 #1 Thu Oct 31 00:13:04 GMT 2019 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20191031001227-#1030-gcfe1640 [Build #1030]

# Kodi version
Kodi (19.0-ALPHA1 Git:79364ee). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (cfe1640, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (79364ee, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kernel 5.3.7 rebased
  2. CCpuInfo split, rework, and cleanup (temporarily reverted)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • heimdal: force building own compile_et (PR:3954, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • CCpuInfo split, rework, and cleanup (PR:16098, 3 commits, 42 files changed)
    • Ensure that skin is reloaded when a profile is loaded (PR:16840, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. pvr.dvblink:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (9d854c8)
  4. pvr.filmon:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (b2c4b01)
  5. pvr.hts:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (0c6d334)
  6. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (88db569)
  7. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (12e37da)
  8. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (c211e3e)
  9. pvr.wmc:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (06b0123)
  10. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:16098: CCpuInfo split, rework, and cleanup (reason: broken on RPi)
(2019-10-29, 02:01)Milhouse Wrote: As the LibreELEC Settings add-on is required to upgrade/downgrade, I've added an alternative command line solution called mhupdate to allow upgrading/downgrading, just run mhupdate 0 to upgrade to the latest release, specify a relative offset for an older release (ie. mhupdate -1 for the previous release), or a specific build code eg. mhupdate 1028. Run it without arguments to see a list of the 7 most recent releases.
Is this the mandatory way to upgrade now? I used to use the command line, and wget the latest build to .update and reboot.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8