• 60(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
Hi Milhouse,

I am getting this error again around the ...wait for network.. 
2020-04-16 14:56:32.191 T:776   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2020-04-16 14:56:42.852 T:826   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oeWindows.mainWindow::onClick(1100) ## ERROR: (TypeError("'>' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'"))
2020-04-16 14:56:42.852 T:826   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/lib/oeWindows.py", line 315, in onClick
                                            TypeError: '>' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

I noticed other changes in this area, can you confirm this fix is in the current build?

Thanks,
Neil
(2020-04-16, 16:58)xxxnelly Wrote: I noticed other changes in this area, can you confirm this fix is in the current build?

Sorry about that - fixed now (in the next build #0416). I've had to rebase the PIN changes on top of two other existing PRs (one of which included the type conversion fix) and I had accidentally dropped the type conversion commit - it's back now. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #0417: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a4d52822252c3aa41359d4ca994b8eb152243037e5f6f7efb9af485834b5d77d (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 5.6.5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 17 23:27:05 BST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20200417232601-#0417-g34ae240 [Build #0417]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (34ae240, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1d32bb2, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 5.6.5 kernel (with latest amdgpu 20.10 firmwares)
  2. [GUI] bump xbmc.gui to 5.15.0
  3. Use spdlog for logging - add spdlog-1.5.0 package, update libfmt-6.2.0
  4. [ProfileManager] Save changes when they happen
  5. Infomanager cleanup
  6. Remove Pause from Inputstream API and PauseStream from Inputstream Addons
  7. kernel-firmware: use copy-firmware.sh - reinstate missing Intel DSP firmwares
  8. kernel-firmware: add Atheros QCA9377 USB/BT firmware
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Allwinner: Remove panfrost patch which causes instability (PR:4328, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libva: update to libva-2.7.0 (PR:4289, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • openssl: update to openssl-1.1.1f (PR:4292, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • samba: update to samba-4.12.1 (PR:4301, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • RTL8812AU: update to RTL8812AU-3ec2947 (PR:4302, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: update to xf86-video-nvidia-440.82 (PR:4303, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • glm: update to glm-0.9.9.8 (PR:4323, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • iptables: fix helper script (PR:4324, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • WireGuard package cleanup and updates (PR:4321, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • buildsystem: ignore custom host Python installations (PR:4331, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kernel-firmware: pick BT firmware for USB/QCA9377 cards (PR:4327, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • librespot: drop system.d (PR:4316, 1 commit, 17 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • gtest: remove lib/gtest and add as library (PR:17489, 2 commits, 215 files changed)
    • Remove Pause from Inputstream API and PauseStream from Inputstream Addons (PR:17633, 5 commits, 15 files changed)
    • CUDFFile: switch to using libudfread (PR:17612, 3 commits, 20 files changed)
    • Disable VAAPI/VDPAU MPEG-2 hwaccel by default (PR:17682, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Windows] Improve build performance on windows (PR:17671, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Remove F-Droid badge from README.md (PR:17686, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Tidy up PVR as per clang-tidy report (PR:17685, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • [GUI] bump xbmc.gui to 5.15.0 (PR:17645, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Use spdlog for logging (PR:17498, 21 commits, 129 files changed)
    • IBufferObject: allow creating by size (PR:17641, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
    • [clang-format] disable for all arrays in LangCodeExpander.cpp (PR:17669, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix missing cast to void* in %p format (PR:17683, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Infomanager cleanup (PR:17667, 7 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [ProfileManager] Save changes when they happen (PR:17687, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.ffmpegdirect:
    • Proxy support and Inputstream API 2.2.0 (PR:34, 4 commits, 30 files changed)
  4. inputstream.rtmp:
    • Rtmp read pause timer - Inputstream API 2.2.0 (PR:64, 4 commits, 8 files changed)
  5. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Add support for terminating catchup streams property for ffmpegdirect (PR:356, 4 commits, 9 files changed)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:4242 (perma): rpi-eeprom: update to rpi-eeprom-<next>
    • Updated: [env] PR:4255 (perma): kodi: next update (end of March 2020?)
    • Updated: [env] PR:4285 (perma): xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.20.8 (and friends)
    • Updated: [env] PR:4286 (perma): linux (RPi): update to linux-5.4.34
    • Updated: [env] PR:4288 (perma): RPi4: switch to KMS driver and enable v4l2 HEVC decoding
    • Updated: [env] PR:4291 (perma): linux (Generic/Allwinner): update to linux-5.6.6
    • Added: [env] PR:4326 (perma): MarkupSafe: bump to 1.1.1
    • Added: [env] PR:4329 (perma): kernel-firmware: use copy-firmware.sh
    • Added: [env] PR:4330 (perma): bison: update to bison-3.5.4; nano-4.9.2
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:159 (perma): PIN cleanup (service.libreelec.settings)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13 (perma): Updated coexistence param for post-176 firmware (brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-rpi)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:420 (perma): Matrix API change to v2.2.0 - Allows upto 256 streams, useful for netflix etc. (inputstream.adaptive)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:17684 (perma): [python] Support multi-line text in dialogs
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2020-04-13, 01:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 01:01)TVmine Wrote: P.S is there a way of doing a fresh install with your test build without the underlying official release.

No not really. You could do the following which should get you a pretty "clean" Kodi 19 installation:

1) Fresh install LibreELEC 9.2.2 from .img
2) Configure 9.2.2 so that ssh is enabled
3) Log in to 9.2.2 with ssh
4) Run systemctl stop kodi
5) Run rm -fr /storage/.kodi
6) Drop the latest Milhouse test build .tar file into the Update folder, and reboot  

@Milhouse  thanks for the input, I have tried over the last week to figure out why the base is reverting back to 9.2.2 but for the life of me I'm buggered.

I have tried so many different ways of installing with older releases of 9.2 official releases updating to older versions of your releases all the way up to the latest release nothing seems to work. I have tried to install the system without internet connection only using internal network to stop the base install from auto updating on first restart then using updates downloaded to my File Server and added to the update DIR.

I have also built up 2 new machines a Ryzen 5 3400G AMD and a Gen 9 Intel system thinking maybe the older hardware been a issue both show the same results.

Big ask but if someone has the time could they try a new install with official 9.2 and then add Milhouse build to it add a profile or two and see what results you get.
Double post sorry
@TVmine actually I've just remembered - there is a way to perform a fresh install with a Milhouse build. As you're using x86_64 you can upgrade the official installer while in run mode:
  1. Write official LibreELEC 9.2.2 img to USB memory stick
  2. Boot USB memory stick in run mode
  3. Once system has booted into Kodi in run mode, drop a Milhouse tar file into the Update folder and reboot in run mode to complete the upgrade of the USB memory stick
  4. Once the USB memory stick is upgraded, boot into installer mode - this will now install a "clean" Milhouse build to your internal drive
(2020-04-18, 02:00)TVmine Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 01:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 01:01)TVmine Wrote: P.S is there a way of doing a fresh install with your test build without the underlying official release.

No not really. You could do the following which should get you a pretty "clean" Kodi 19 installation:

1) Fresh install LibreELEC 9.2.2 from .img
2) Configure 9.2.2 so that ssh is enabled
3) Log in to 9.2.2 with ssh
4) Run systemctl stop kodi
5) Run rm -fr /storage/.kodi
6) Drop the latest Milhouse test build .tar file into the Update folder, and reboot  

@Milhouse  thanks for the input, I have tried over the last week to figure out why the base is reverting back to 9.2.2 but for the life of me I'm buggered.

I have tried so many different ways of installing with older releases of 9.2 official releases updating to older versions of your releases all the way up to the latest release nothing seems to work. I have tried to install the system without internet connection only using internal network to stop the base install from auto updating on first restart then using updates downloaded to my File Server and added to the update DIR.

I have also built up 2 new machines a Ryzen 5 3400G AMD and a Gen 9 Intel system thinking maybe the older hardware been a issue both show the same results.

Big ask but if someone has the time could they try a new install with official 9.2 and then add Milhouse build to it add a profile or two and see what results you get.

Are you booting with any USB memory sticks in addition to your internal boot drive? If the partition labels are the same on two different disks and the bootloader is using labels rather than uuid to identify partitions then it could be booting from the wrong disk.

Use the LibreELEC Settings add-on to upload your kodi log and paste the link as that will include your bootloader configuration.
(2020-04-18, 02:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 02:00)TVmine Wrote:  

Are you booting with any USB memory sticks in addition to your internal boot drive? If the partition labels are the same on two different disks and the bootloader is using labels rather than uuid to identify partitions then it could be booting from the wrong disk.

Use the LibreELEC Settings add-on to upload your kodi log and paste the link as that will include your bootloader configuration.   
Nah after the install of the base 9.2 I remove the USB and reboot from the SSD.

I will do a upload from the last failed attempt and will try your other install method when I recover from the headache caused by bashing my head against the table after each failed attempt. Confused
(2020-04-18, 01:33)Milhouse Wrote:  
  1. kernel-firmware: use copy-firmware.sh - reinstate missing Intel DSP firmwares
First, Milhouse thanks for your great work! Smile 

I get sound with activated HD Audio DSP on my Intel Nuc now.

After activating I wonder what is the HD Audio DSP needed for? Big Grin Everything worked without the DSP!?

Greetings & many thanks in advance!
(2020-04-18, 02:32)Milhouse Wrote: @TVmine actually I've just remembered - there is a way to perform a fresh install with a Milhouse build. As you're using x86_64 you can upgrade the official installer while in run mode:
  1. Write official LibreELEC 9.2.2 img to USB memory stick
  2. Boot USB memory stick in run mode
  3. Once system has booted into Kodi in run mode, drop a Milhouse tar file into the Update folder and reboot in run mode to complete the upgrade of the USB memory stick
  4. Once the USB memory stick is upgraded, boot into installer mode - this will now install a "clean" Milhouse build to your internal drive

Thanks, this will come in handy in 2 weeks as I've finally found the reason for my weird buffering issue (where it sometimes stops stream playback for around 30 seconds and rarely drops me back into the main menu), it's the little 16GB DOM SSD (SATA 1!!!) I'm using.
While the datasheet states 120MB/s writespeeds it doesn't say that it's only able to sustain this speed for a few minutes (SMB file transfer it took around 2-3 minutes) before it drops to 0.5MB/s for 30 seconds and then gets back up to 8-9MB/s where it stays for the rest of the write operation.

I'm not 100% sure because it's already a while back (back when openELEC was the latest and greatest) but back then I had this little DOM as a boot drive and a 4TB HDD for storage and everything else.
I think this buffering issue started the day after the 4TB HDD died (with most of my anime collection on it Sad ). I didn't replace it but fully removed it.

I'll get a cheap-ish SSD with 120GB or 250GB (depending on price difference) from Crucial or PNY to test this theory further.
I'll report back when I've done my tests. (The test with the somewhat cheap WiFi card and the one with an PCIe intel NIC didn't change anything)
(2020-04-18, 11:42)brotaxt Wrote: I get sound with activated HD Audio DSP on my Intel Nuc now.

After activating I wonder what is the HD Audio DSP needed for? Big Grin Everything worked without the DSP!?

Greetings & many thanks in advance!

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest - my Skylake NUC isn't connected to an HD capable audio device (my computer monitor only has stereo output!) so I'm not currently able to test that.

In your thread you say you don't have the HD-Audio passthrough options in the Kodi settings menu, do you have them now with the addition of DSP firmware? Presumably the HD hardware isn't initialising correctly when the DSP firmware is missing.

Also, it shouldn't be necessary to blacklist snd_soc_skl audio hardware any longer as this should now be fixed in kernel 5.6-rc6. For libreelec-9.2 (which uses 5.1.y) we've added a workaround that automatically blacklists snd_soc_skl.
(2020-04-18, 11:42)brotaxt Wrote: After activating I wonder what is the HD Audio DSP needed for? Big Grin Everything worked without the DSP!?
I'm not exactly sure if the DSP support is of much use in the NUCs, that's mainly important for Intel-based laptops and tablets to improve performance of builtin microphones and speakers.

so long,

Hias
New LibreELEC.tv Matrix build #0418: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: fec3e42ead0e6195c841130da55c8d1a87562295f7b8289ce7f5c2836c8dc62d (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 5.6.5 #1 SMP Sat Apr 18 22:29:53 BST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20200418222816-#0418-g34ae240 [Build #0418]

# Kodi version
Starting Kodi (19.0-ALPHA1 Git:dea904b). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (34ae240, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (dea904b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. kodi: disable testing
  2. libva: update to libva-2.7.1
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [ios] Runtime fix after spdlog merge (PR:17690, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [windows] enable libdav1d in the ffmpeg build (PR:17643, 4 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [depends] add googletest & disable auto fallback to internal build (PR:17693, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [python] masking support for numeric input (PR:17661, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:4255 (perma): kodi: next update (end of March 2020?)
    • Updated: [env] PR:4329 (perma): kernel-firmware: use copy-firmware.sh
    • Added: [env] PR:4333 (perma): libva: update to libva-2.7.1
@Milhouse 

Aah I'm at a total lose, I've tried the ways you  suggested to install a fresh copy all to no avail. I like the USB LIVE install method and will use this in future installs when and if I can figure out what is going on with my current problem.

I was going to post up a log as you requested but it comes back with an error and will not send.

I can send you a copy via Google Drive  log-2020-04-19-01.16.41 this I hope will do.
Either the upgrade is not successful for some reason, or you're somehow (randomly) booting off multiple drives. A logfile could help, but in this case the latest zip file from the Samba "Logfiles" share might be more useful as it will include all hardware details.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3