• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?
Hi

i test almost everyting and still cant run xbmc as shell in Fullscreen

XBMCSetup-Atlantis_alpha3.exe

c:\program files\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

and part of debug which shows that full screen is enabled about full screen
Code:
08:57:08 T:1164 M:843354112   DEBUG: Constructing surface 1280x1024, shared=00000000, fullscreen=1
08:57:09 T:1204 M:830431232   DEBUG: CThread::staticThread, deleting thread graphic context
08:57:09 T:1204 M:830398464   DEBUG: Thread 1204 terminating
08:57:09 T:1164 M:829624320    INFO: GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
08:57:09 T:1164 M:829624320    INFO: GL_RENDERER = GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i/PCI/SSE2
08:57:09 T:1164 M:829620224    INFO: GL_VERSION = 2.1.1

xbmc/settings/apperence/screen/resolution set to 1280x1024(full screen)

and result like this:

after shutdown xbmc and run it again from task manager xbmc runs correctly in full screen.

any help/advice?
have you tried with go.exe as shell and use startup.bat to launch xbmc.
i have to use -fs parameter to get fullscreen btw...
i just tested go.exe

sadly same effect as on screenshot above Sad

i change startup.bat to:
Code:
c:\progra~1\xbmc\xbmc.exe -fs
thats weird. Prolly doesent do any good but have you tried
this command instead:
Code:
"c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe" -fs

Have you tried different res settings in xbmc, is it the same no mather
what resollution you set ?
i do not have any advancedsettings.xml in my userdata folder btw.
i deleted advancedsettings.xml, change starup.bat to match yours, tried other resolution, still no luck

xbmc starts always windowed
i remember i had this issue when i run xbmc from my vista laptop with nvidia drivers. No matter what i did xbmc always started in windowed mode.

I think it has to to with the nvidia drivers. Have you tried tweaking your nvidia settings ?
looks like this problem is releated with xbmc not with hardware

i tried to run xbmc as shell on my friend htpc. He has ati platform with AMD and xp with sp2 (i use xp with sp3) and xbmc starts windowed whatever option i tried (using bat, or directly poiting shell in registry to xbmc.exe)
Hi,
If you want to run XBMC as window shell, try this app I´ve written.
http://www.xbmc.nu/index.php?view=weblin...&Itemid=31

Happy X-mas

//The Knugen
TheKnugen Wrote:Hi,
If you want to run XBMC as window shell, try this app I´ve written.
http://www.xbmc.nu/index.php?view=weblin...&Itemid=31

Happy X-mas

//The Knugen

Nice one i will try it out over the next few day'sCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
You're really willing to blindly run an executable posted in a forum with no instructions or real explanation of what it does? No wonder windows users get so many viruses and spy/malware.
althekiller Wrote:You're really willing to blindly run an executable posted in a forum with no instructions or real explanation of what it does? No wonder windows users get so many viruses and spy/malware.

I agree! I wouldn't recommend running that unless you know the person that posted it as a trustworthy source.
If you, like me, want a comfortable shell to use other services (and not only XBMC), I suggest to replace Explorer shell with BBClean
It a light and minimalist shell, stable and easy to configure: just launch bbclean.exe -install to replace Explorer, -uninstall to restore Explorer.
I replaced the default taskbar with SystemBarEx plugin. It can be showed and hided with a key shortcut, so I can "disable" all taskbar and traybar events without losing their functionality. I just enable the bar when I want to check various traybar messages (they don't get lost).
I disabled the desktop icons and the wallpaper. BBClean starts in less then 1 second.

Bye
He might have looked at the page and saw this post:

http://www.xbmc.nu/index.php?option=com_...3&catid=38

I don't understand a word, but it doesn't look less trustworthy then any other app/plugin that is advertised here in the forums. Big page, lots of comments and users - chances are good you can run it safely. On the other hand: many users, many victims Big Grin
althekiller Wrote:You're really willing to blindly run an executable posted in a forum with no instructions or real explanation of what it does? No wonder windows users get so many viruses and spy/malware.

I do have upto date anti virus etc on my pc and please stop knocking windows it's only
the way it is because software writers demand it supports 16bit software.
Besides that it's my choice not your's and if it were to cause my system to go tits up
Then it's not a problem as i restore a backup. besides windows is far better than Linux
People only use that because it is FREEShocked
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?1