[PATCH] Multiple videos playing side-by-side
Hey all,

I've just put up another patch on behalf of the Zeppelin Project. Link to the tracker and description are below, comments/suggestions are always welcome.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph...tid=581840

Quote:Adds the ability to have multiple videos playing simultaneously, with
separate video controls playing their respective videos (decided by control
ID- so two video controls with id 1 will play the same video, but a video
control with id 2 would play a different one). Without explicitly setting the id,
will default to old behavior.

Josh
thanks for the patch.

this is a nice idea. we actually started to discuss how to implement it.
basically what i think would be a cleaner solution is to get the renderer inside DVDPlayerVideo (as a member) and not create an array of renderers.
then - add a new gui control that can have a path (set from app or skin) to video and simply plays it. the control can have more properties like which part of the movie to play and maybe "frame skips" to make it easier on the cpu should there be many playing at the same time.

the "main player" can stay the same as now (member of CApplication, using the global render manager). we need to polish this one too cause how its implemented today is not thread safe (mainly performance reasons).
That does seem like an easier way to deal with the renderer, I'll give it a shot later on. When I was writing this I was sorta paranoid about preserving the current functionality/dataflow, so I wanted to avoid moving things around too much.

Also I goofed a bit and didn't properly check if the changes worked with the main XBMC repository (and, well, they don't), so I'll be putting up a newer, working version of the patch later today.
I got it working with the main XBMC repository using the renderer within the DVDPlayer, and I've got the patch all ready to go, but I can't seem to get to the sourceforge tracker right now- keeps giving me this error:
Artifact: This Artifact Has Been Made Private. Only Group Members Can View Private ArtifactTypes.

Is something wrong with the tracker right now?
We're in the process of moving the trackers, so it'll be down for a couple of days. You could post the patch on something like pastebin.ca or similar and link to it from here in the meantime, else just hang on for a couple of days and you can post to the new tracker.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I put the fixed version of the patch up on the new tracker, it should now be compatible with the latest XBMC revision.

Josh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Multiple videos playing side-by-side0