• 3(current)
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)
i really would like this feature too. seems like it couldn't be too hard to mount a folder and make xbmc think it's a dvd drive.... course i'm not a dev, so what do i know!
ok, so you cant do this? sorry to post in the wrong forum, what about if i would make the folders into a .iso or .img file on my pc, then ftp them back to the xbox? would that work?
there is no dvd menu support in xbmc.

please search the forums. lots of topics on this.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(tslayer @ april 30 2004,08:00 Wrote:there is no dvd menu support in xbmc.

please search the forums.  lots of topics on this.

ts
this is the topic on that Image
(utility @ april 30 2004,12:41 Wrote:
(tslayer @ april 30 2004,08:00 Wrote:there is no dvd menu support in xbmc.

please search the forums.  lots of topics on this.

ts
this is the topic on that  Image
it wasn't a minute ago, i merged (and will continue merging) all the threads asking for "dvd menu" support for xbmc into this one topic
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
currently i have a big ol windows file server which holds 30-50 full dvd iso's. i've been using a pc with daemon tools to mount the iso's and play them, but what i would really like is to have a virtual cd/dvd drive on xbmc! that way i could mount the dvd iso's over the network and it would be like a dvd jukebox.

wouldn't that be a neat feature? this way it's just like watching a dvd from the drive. you have full menu access etc...

i've been doing this with my pc, so i know it can be done, and it works really well!
vanhin:
currently xbmc can run dvds from iso files (even over the network) without the need to mount them. so if full dvd support is ever implemented you can be sure that you could just run from the iso on your server.

morien
i see audio stream switching is working on dvd streaming, grrrrreat !

imo, i do not see the dvd menu problem so important. afterall, its the movie what counts, right?

i think subtitles support is the number 1 importance now, and i've been waiting (drooling) this feature for some time now. developers: have you tried to get subs on streamdvds work? is there any chance of this feature soon or is this long time problem?

keep up the excellent work devs!
Exclamation 
hi all, i would like to know if the following ideawould be possible with a future version of xbmc:

lets say i have several dvd's ripped to my pc server on my network, all stored in a shared folder. the dvd's are ripped using dvd decrypter and stored in .iso format. would it be possible to mount the dvd's to a virtual drive from the xbox using xbmc, like daemon tools or alcohol 120% does. making the xbox a super dvd changer. could this be done with a future release of xbmc?
(nu2u @ may 20 2004,18:37 Wrote:hi all, i would like to know if the following ideawould be possible with a future version of xbmc:

lets say i have several dvd's ripped to my pc server on my network, all stored in a shared folder. the dvd's are ripped using dvd decrypter and stored in .iso format. would it be possible to mount the dvd's to a virtual drive from the xbox using xbmc, like daemon tools or alcohol 120% does. making the xbox a super dvd changer. could this be done with a future release of xbmc?

i don't understand you 100%.
do you want to play a dvd movie you have on your pc as an iso file in xbmc Huh if so then it's already possible. just select the iso file and press play.

if thats not what you are asking for then sorry for not understanding   Image
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
all the iso files will be stored on a network share, so the dvd's will be streamed over the network to my xbox. the iso files will not be located on the xbox hd at all. so i can have more than one xbox any where in my crib and stream full uncompressed dvds to them.
(nu2u @ may 20 2004,18:37 Wrote:i have several dvd's ripped to my pc server on my network, all stored in a shared folder. the dvd's are ripped using dvd decrypter and stored in .iso format. would it be possible to mount the dvd's to a virtual drive from the xbox using xbmc, like daemon tools or alcohol 120% does. making the xbox a super dvd changer.
this is already possible (only i beileve you have to re-name the .iso extention of each file to .img but i might that remember incorrect?).
however if you're asking for full dvd-video playback including dvd-video menu?, then that's a completly different matter, see here (link)
hi - i wonder if the same is possible with xbox games.

would it be possible to store mounted images on a server and share them through smb or whatever and then launch them on the xbox?

thx,
dylan
(dylanbox @ may 21 2004,11:43 Wrote:hi - i wonder if the same is possible with xbox games.

would it be possible to store mounted images on a server and share them through smb or whatever and then launch them on the xbox?

thx,
dylan
no no no no no no and no.

this has been discussed lots of times..
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(nickman @ may 21 2004,11:47 Wrote:
(dylanbox @ may 21 2004,11:43 Wrote:hi - i wonder if the same is possible with xbox games.

thx,
dylan
no no no no no no and no. this has been discussed lots of times..
no, it's not possible and off-topic (note that it will never be implemented into xbmc code either), see that discussion here (link)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)2