Has audio down mixing been implemented yet?
I'm not sure how often the Wiki get's updated, so I though I'd ask here ... has audio down mixing (playing 5.1 source on 2 speakers for example) been implemented yet in the Windows version of XBMC? I believe it has been in the Linux version, but I'm having quite a few challanges with configuring my laptop and Ubuntu, so I'm thinking of using the Windows version ... but if down mixing hasn't been implemented yet that might be a problem Sad for me right now.

Thanks,
Harry
I *think* it works for AC3, but not for anything else. On linux you have alsa that can do it for you (not sure if it has been setup out of the box to do it though). Ideally we need a general downmix routine that can be applied to anything.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ac3 and dts is currently downmixed if audio is set to analog and yeah we need a general channel downmixer.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
...and a general upmixer to 5.1 AC3 as well for all those who use digital out (the folks at osxbmc.com has added that to their fork)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has audio down mixing been implemented yet?0