xbmc-favorites plugin
I've added the download link and instruction to the VeohProxy wiki page on google-code.

Once I find the time I'll put some effort into fixing this flaw in the XBMC Favorites Installer, ass well as add some features I have in mind like....

- Implement a comparison (date and direcotry size) between a installed addon and a download when starting a download. If the local and remote directory are a match the plugin will ask if you realy want to install the addon, because you already have the same version. It's not watertight, but chances are very slim it will result in a false positive. I think it's the easiest way to avoid the need for a version control system.
- Add the option to view the changelog from the XBOX to avoid having to check the google-code page for recent changes.

I'm writing this down to inform you all about my plans, and to remind myself on what I had in mind later on.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Hi, thanks for the very quick reply, its working a treat now.

your ideas for further add ins sound great.

Keep up the good work

you're a star.

John.
Cool
My pleasure. I will be on holiday from somewhere beginning next week until about three weeks later. So, I can't upload updates during that time. I'll catch up afterwards a.s.a.p.!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I didn't take in account that there is a version history on google-code. Thus the quota limit has been reached unexpectedly. I have requested more space. Until I post here that this has been allowed....

I knwo this is a very noob question, i normally know how to install Ubuntu/Linux programs (put like this deb http:// ) in the Software Sources then run the Synaptic Package manager but this ones are in ZIP files and i don't know what to do?
check this link out davidw89

hope it helps you out
Are there any plans for updates to this? I tried it on yesterdays svn of Linux and can load the plugin but error loading files for every skin, script, plugin. Would love to get this working on linux.
Did you follow the installation instructions from the wiki page (on the google-code page) for installing the Linux version?

I'd love to start uploading new versions again, but eventhough the quota limit raise request has been approved (twice!) I still can't upload new addon versions. I'm only updating small files now.
I hope google will work with me soon.

Bram77 Wrote:I hope google will work with me soon.
Have they gotten back to you at all or are they just hesitant to give you more space?
They have accepted my request twice, but never took action to physically raise the quota limit. I´ve filed another request....

Bram i followed everything exactly. It was working about a month ago but not anymore. Do you use this script with linux or does anyone? Mine always says error getting files. I will look more into this. I loved the plugin and want to again. Hopefully google works with you again soon.
Bram77 Wrote:They have accepted my request twice, but never took action to physically raise the quota limit. I´ve filed another request....
Ok, that's good news though, hope they'll hurry up already Wink
Hello Bram77.

First of all thank you for your efford, this plugin looks like a big timesaver. But I can't get it to work properly on my linux boxes. I tried it on Ubuntu Hardy and now on my openSUSE desktop as XBMC is already in packman repo. But I failed twice.

I went through wiki instructions, downloaded and unpacked plugin into ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs/ directory. But then I failed to find some info how exactly I'm supposed to run plugin, so I can find 'video plugins' as source for videos. The only way I almost succeeded was to manually add video source

plugin://programs/

Then I entered this source, there was XBMC-Favorites Installer. After running it shows categories, after clicking on some plugin there is confirmation dialog if I want to install plugin. After selecting 'install' there is information dialog about failed installation.

That's it. I was still able to chechout all plugins and install them manually, but using favorites installer plugin would by nicer Smile
Won't help with space issues, but you can remove LastTube for a bit as it doesn't work correctly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I´ve FINALY got the increase in quota. I now have 1GB SVN space and 1GB download space. I´m mainly using the SVN space, but the other 1GB might be useful later Smile
There were hundreds of people complaining about not getting a promised quota increase. Someone started a issue about this on the google-code issues page. A lot of people starred that issue and we were finally heard.
I haven´t updated anything, I´m working now, but I will start doing that this weekend. I´ll keep you posted!

I´ll also look into updating the Linux version and creating a Windows version. I can´t realy create a osx version because there is no way to test it since I don´t have a mac. I´ll ask a mac-using friend to help out, if possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-favorites plugin0