Compile xbmc on ubuntu 14.04
Hi Everybody,

I am a newbie on xbmc.

I just want to compile xbmc on my ubuntu(wandboard)14.04TLS.

I follow the step given in http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_Kodi_for_Ubuntu.

but i got this error:-

Picking 'kodi' as source package instead of 'xbmc'
E: Unable to find a source package for kodi

Please Help me to solve this out.

Thanks in Advance
There are no ARM packages in our PPA, so build-dep won't work. You must install all required depends manually.
Read docs/README.linux in our source.
Thanks Team Xbmc,

I had done with manually installation of all dependency.

I had configure with
./configure --enable-gles --enable-nfs --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-openmax --enable-sdl --enable-codec=imxvpu --disable-x11 --disable-bluray --disable-libcec

and then make

but i have found error in make which is this:-

In member function 'virtual bool CEGLNativeTypeIMX::CreateNativeDisplay()':
EGLNativeTypeIMX.cpp:127:36: error: 'fbGetDisplayByIndex' was not declared in this scope
m_display = fbGetDisplayByIndex(0);
^
EGLNativeTypeIMX.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool CEGLNativeTypeIMX::CreateNativeWindow()':
EGLNativeTypeIMX.cpp:138:50: error: 'fbCreateWindow' was not declared in this scope
m_window = fbCreateWindow(m_display, 0, 0, 0, 0);

and so on.

Please help me to come out this stuck.

Thanks and Regards,
Arun Malik
Im not familiar with arm compiles but why you disabling X11?

Also SDL only used for joystick support iirc it was removed for display support from Linux.

A config.log would also be nice.
He needs to disable X11, cause they work directly with the framebuffer. You miss the relevant IMX only libs / headers to succesfully compile. Check how xbian, osmc are doing it - it's a big hazzle to get all those together, which is also why we don't support it. Blobs, blobs, blobs ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks fritsch,

Please help me and shared any link so that I would get a proper way to build xbmc on my wandboard having ubuntu 14.04.

Thanking You in Advance

Arun Malik
There is no link. It's a hack from the start, not really documented and later running quite badly. Use either osmc, xbian or OpenELEC or geexbox.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile xbmc on ubuntu 14.041