Stacking for TV Shows
I've done some searching and figured out that stacking is disabled for the tv show library. What I would like is a way to enable this that won't result in accidental stackings. Many times shows are split up into their separate episodes yet when listed on sites like thetvdb and tv.com, it lists the episodes together as one single episode because they aired together....For an example, see here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=76088&lid=7

I've tried joining the files in a video editor, but some files simply can't be joined for one reason or another

I was thinking a format something like

Ren and Stimpy - 508.1 - Sammy and Me / Big Flakes,
Ren and Stimpy - 508.2 - Sammy and Me / Big Flakes

where .1 is the first part, and.2 is the second part

I know nothing about coding so this may be very difficult to do with the way stacking is already set up, but anything that would allow me to do this without causing all my "Part 1" and "Part 2" separate episodes from other shows to be stacked would be great

Let me know if i need to clarify anything....
There's at least one other thread (with posts from myself and kraqh3d regarding development) in this forum already. Perhaps you could add to that instead?

Also, there's nothing "behind the scenes" stopping it, other than we disable stacking for any tvshow content set folders. If you take a looksee in the db and add the file via a stack:// URL it will work fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, sorry, i didn't find that thread. I'll take a look, thanks
i just posted my plans here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34461
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking for TV Shows0