can i access my window drive from an xbmc on usb
i just loaded the xbmc on usb and it works great , but all my music and videos are stored on my windows hard drive , how can i access them ?
thanks
the network settings in the liveusb v2 are preset to use DHCP to automatically be assigned IP address... your network must be set accordingly.

Also make sure your share username and password are matching to your share permissions (or that guest account is enabled in windows, which is not secure)

That's all you should need set i think.

Shorty
I think he meant to access those files on the local harddrive, not over the network.
yes .. sorry .. i am talking about the local hard drive from the same computer not over the network
Ah, my bad.

As far as i know it can't be done from default, although you might be able to goto a terminal and magic up some commands to do this.

But L.Caprotti (Think that's the right name) said he is currently working on a V3 of LiveUSB with a bigger set of features, possibly this will be one of them.

Shorty
May be you could try XBMC for windows
All you need to do is mount the ntfs partition (do it as read-only to be safe), then browse to it.

FYI this is hardly an XBMC question, more of a general linux question, but I'll be nice.

mount -o ro -t NTFS /dev/???? /mnt/windows

If you're having trouble, head to the Ubuntu forums, there are lots of guides for this.

TheUni
nirbeltran Wrote:i just loaded the xbmc on usb and it works great , but all my music and videos are stored on my windows hard drive , how can i access them ?
thanks

You could recompile XBMC with ./configure --enable-halmount (this is what v3.0 will have) or drop to commandline by alt-f1 and sudo apt-get install gnome-volumemanager and it should take care of automounting the drives (the latter wont autosource within XBMC)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can i access my window drive from an xbmc on usb0