[RELEASE] XBMC Greasemonkey Plugins for Firefox
Thumbs Up 
I have just recently discovered XBMC Fox, but I was disappointed that it was no longer being developed.

So I set out this weekend to write some scripts that would allow me to send youtube and apple trailer videos directly to the XBOX.

Play Youtube on XBMC

Play Apple Trailer on XBMC

I can't take credit for any of the 'hard' work and if the scripts don't work, blame the original authors. They've worked on every page I've tested them on.

I'm currently working on one that'll work on all types of media. So any link that goes directly to a .pls, .mp3, .mov, .avi, .... I'll add a little icon after (Like Wiki's "External Link" icon). Something like this maybe:

"Hey guys, you should check out this awesome video me and my friends made: genericvideo.movImage"

When you first install it should prompt you for your XBMC IP address, if it doesn't go to apple/youtube, respectively and go to the grease monkey user settings:
-
Let me know how it works for you.

And of course it needs Firefox w/grease monkey installed.
hey there darkscout. I just wanted to say thank you very much for having written(even in part) these scripts, however, I am unable to get the one for youtube running perfectly. Clicking on the link inyoutube does not do anything, and mousing over only shows the url of the current age, and not the url to play something on an xbox.

after modifying your line of

dv.href="#";
to
dv.href=video_url;

it works, but it follows the link this way, and goes to an "ok" page. any solution to not have it follow the link?
This is freaking sweet. I will test these out later today and let you know how it goes Smile
Catchy Signature Here
Too bad this script seems to not work at all anymore Sad
feedbleed.com - Saving music... one download at a time.
mmmmail.com - Disposable Email to RSS service.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Greasemonkey Plugins for Firefox1