FOSS Media Center Survey (XBMC users participation)
Information 
Hello,

The Telematics Freedom Foundation is sponsoring a study about the state of the art in current Media Center projects in the FLOSS community. We picked the 10 most prominent MC FLOSS projects out there and we're now collecting information about their features, functionality and support.

The 10 selected projects are: XBMC, MythTV, Boxee, Elisa, Neuros OSD, Freevo, My Media System, Entertainer, CenterStage+Plex and MediaPortal.

Because of our limited resources, we can't afford creating a Lab to run and test all 10 media centers. So we are relying on the community collective intelligence to gather all data necessary to provide you with a panoramic view on state of the art work in FLOSS Media Center projects.

There is one webform available for each project. The forms are very easy to compile and we invite Project Leaders, Developers and Power Users to actively participate, because you are capable to provide the most accurate information we need.

So, what's the deal?

You can collaborate by:
The benefits are:
  • you'll get for free a panoramic view on state of the art in all prominent media center floss projects out there;
  • you'll be promoting your favorite Media Center and showing how strong your community is;
  • if you contribute, you will have credits at the end of the paper, in your project section;
  • the best snapshots may be selected to appear on the paper and illustrate the project's UI

TFF reserves the right to remove or not to consider any spam or suspicious content. Controversial answers will be cross-checked and we may contact some of you for clarifications before the paper is published.

You can participate anonimously, but if you decide to leave your name and email address you'll be given credit for your participation and will receive an email notification of when the paper is available for download (it will be free as in free speach and as in free beer :-)

Thank you for your consideration,
Giovani Spagnolo - organizer
Telematics Freedom Foundation
Program Director
http://www.telematicsfreedom.org
Wink 
All you skilled skinners out there should feel free to go right ahead and e-mail in a few selected screenshots (maybe between 5 to 10 images) of your skin(s) directly to [EMAIL="[email protected]"]info (at) telematicsfreedom (dot) org[/EMAIL] (I guess in JPG format and with a subject like "Screenshots of the XXXX skin for XBMC media center" or something similar).

Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Exclamation 
I'd like to thank XBMC community for the high participation and high quality responses we're getting.

I'd like to inform we'll close the surveys on September 2nd, to give some more time to less active communities which still have low participation.

More info on our blog:
http://www.telematicsfreedom.org/en/2008...tember-2nd

Regards,
Giovani
Bump and reminder that the deadline to fill in this survey and to submit screenshots (or links to videos and web reviews) is the 2nd of September 2008.

Hurry up and make your contribution Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you everyone for helping.

The paper was released a few minutes ago, get your copy (free!) at: http://www.telematicsfreedom.org/en/flossmediacenter

All the work is released under Creative Commons By-Nc-Sa.
If you have feedback, the last page contains info on how to contact me. I'll be glad to hear from you.

cheers,
giovani spagnolo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FOSS Media Center Survey (XBMC users participation)3