Microsoft NXE(New Xbox Experience) next-generation Xbox 360 dashboard GUI
New images -

"Were it not for Apple, we'd still be in the interface Stone Age. Almost everything that's happened in UI design over the last decade has been somehow derived from designs like OSX, iMac and more recently iPod."

Oh Please!

If we're not for IBM, Apple would still be running on arcutecture from the stone age such as NuBus, MacMemory and AppleTalk!

Back on subject.... agree with Jezz-x it looks child like....
Geeba Wrote:"Were it not for Apple, we'd still be in the interface Stone Age. Almost everything that's happened in UI design over the last decade has been somehow derived from designs like OSX, iMac and more recently iPod."

Not architecture.
the thing I don't like is the xbox guide, i like the original, how it appears on the left side screen, doesn't distrub what's happening in the background
djh_ Wrote:Not architecture.

hahaha, he was using an analogy. apple hasn't done everything is all he's saying.
If you're claiming that building upon some prior work negates anything apple or anyone else has done, than no one has accomplished anything... Fact of the matter is, everybody builds off of everyone... it is called Progress.
djh_ Wrote:.

My thoughts exactly!
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
Not to mention apple stole the mac UI and ideas (using a mouse to point and click in a window) from Xerox originally anyway. And then MS stole it from apple for windows 1.0
Did you ever use Xerox viewpoint? The WIMP was awful (so was the mouse, looked like a brick, no ball, special mousepad with lots of dots on it)! They did do it first though, so Kudos for that I suppose
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
Jezz_X Wrote:Not to mention apple stole the mac UI and ideas (using a mouse to point and click in a window) from Xerox originally anyway. And then MS stole it from apple for windows 1.0

The only difference is that Xerox thought UIConfused and mouses was an stupid ass idea and didnt even intend to let it hit the market Tongue Apple was pretty much given it by the big bosses of Xerox Tongue

Microsoft on the other hand said they were gonna make apps for macintosh instead they stole everything and didnt release a single app Tongue

but as the saying goes, good artists copies, great artists steal Laugh
Guttasej Wrote:The only difference is that Xerox thought UIConfused and mouses was an stupid ass idea and didnt even intend to let it hit the market Tongue Apple was pretty much given it by the big bosses of Xerox Tongue

Microsoft on the other hand said they were gonna make apps for macintosh instead they stole everything and didnt release a single app Tongue

but as the saying goes, good artists copies, great artists steal Laugh

doesn´t matter how they obtained it, they still copied it just as much as MS. Ever looked at Windows 1.0? Apple stole the dock from Windows Rolleyes
Fast user switching? copied. Context menus? Copied. I could go on Wink
i like the new interface.
i like the sparse design
i like the coverarts
i like how everything just loads faster and seems to navigate more fluidly
(blades can be a pain when a game is running or you have lots of items installed)

i laugh at the avatars.

and: there is no way around it anyway...

the new dashboard is not an option. its a mandatory replacement. so no, you wont be able to switch back to blades.
i didnt like the loud screaming colors anyway. plus it always looked cluttered to me.
I am trying to bring a replica of this to XBMC.....along with help from the rest of the community. It will take awhile, seeing as how this is my first attempt at a full skin. If anyone else with skinning experience would like to jump onboard,,,,pm me here at XBMC.org or over at Xbox-Scene, Just look for FourTwentySmilz(FourTwentySmiles).
Build 7258 of the new dash was leaked onto the internet, officially confirmed by microsoft, and taken down from most major sites as soon as it was up. Im sure a quick google will find it and maybe some clever bar-steward can decompile it for textures/fonts for you to get idea's from

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft NXE(New Xbox Experience) next-generation Xbox 360 dashboard GUI0