Tag scrolling... Can this be changed easily?
i personally don't like the scrolling of the song tag info. it is hard to read. maybe if the info scrolled fully coming in from the right side to left, but the way it is now it starts left-justified and then starts scrolling immediately to left and the result is you don't get to see the first few letters for very long. the scrolling should also be speeded up by several times or at least give the option.

is it possible to make a skin display all the id3 tag info instead of the scrolling (sorta like xbmp did)? what displays on my lcd screen with smartxx would be what i also want displayed on xbmc's screen.

if not then can this be moved to feature suggestion.
did anyone have an answer to this? i'm trying to modify a skin the way i want it, and this is the last piece of my puzzle. there's gotta be a way to do this somehow.
i'm moving a thread from the "support" forum to here, because it is most relevant to this topic and forum.

Quote:from my posting there
okay. i've done some nice modification to p.mayhem skin so that i have something similar to what i want. the overlay is at the top, where the "mediacenter home" logo in pm was, and i've moved that logo down. i left the large play time label where it was and the "mediacenter home" logo i shrunk my 50% an placed right above it. on all other pages i just scrapped the logo (in the outline italic font) altogether. the overlay i had to play with the sizing, but i got it to fit nicely above the menus on every page. the icon is on the left and the text is to the right of it and stretches across the top. the "square" part of the overlay goes 2/3rds of the way across the top. no overlaps. yay.

the only problem is i still don't have the multi-line capability for the title/artist/etc. information. god that scrolling is annoying.

this has become a skins project, so i'm posting this here, then i'm going to quote it in the graphical design forum where there's a related thread.

pretty pictures of "home" and "my music". where the overlay reads "xbox media center 1.1.0" is where the song title should be. maybe the rest scrolling on a third line.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag scrolling... Can this be changed easily?0