• 26(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
digitalhigh Wrote:New changes look really cool tho. Is this available for download yet?

Rewind and re-read. That's a mockup someone else did. In fact, it might not be entirely possible to do what's suggested there. In any case it would be a cool effect on some skin, but I'm not sure it fits Aeon all that well. Aeon has a slightly more modern industrial feel instead of a modern flashy feel.
szsori Wrote:In any case it would be a cool effect on some skin, but I'm not sure it fits Aeon all that well. Aeon has a slightly more modern industrial feel instead of a modern flashy feel.

Agreed, I think the thing I like most about Aeon is that it is slightly subdued on the "bling." It is a classy, sophisticated, skin that relies on great design and grace instead of flashy gimmicky stuff. Just my 2 cents.
No offense but I really don't think these changes fit in with the skin much. I prefer the simple look of how it is now...
Hey, people.

Again, now in BIG LETTERS (Sorry for that). [COLOR="black"][COLOR="red"]

THE LAST Modified SCREENSHOTS i've send of the AEON SKIN, ARE PHOTOSHOP MOCKUPs, a simple PROOF OF CONCEPT. NOT even A SKIN, NOT EVEN A SUGESTION TO THE ACTUAL SKIN modification, ITS JUST A GROUP OF IDEAS, NOT RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OR ANY UPGRADE.

THESE IMAGES ARE A PHOTOSHOP MOCKUP, NOT A SUGESTION. (Again)

Thanks, and sorry for the caps. But people don't read the posts. Smile
Which people? There's only been one person so far who thinks the mockups were real...
Hi Weavus.

One people now, but much people don't read the posts, just look at the images and think. Hey. There's a new Skin update, a bunch of then don't even write, and another bunch don't even are registered to the site, so i prefer to repeat the Advise, to not cause confusion, ok ? I was just putting images to express many ideas, not to sugest as a literal change to the actual skin. It's like a brainstorm mockup.
I just don't want to generate confusion.
I guess i had a problem here, i cannot edit my posts on Firefox. So i am posting again. There's a bunch of english errors on my posts, cause it's not my language. I am from brazil. But i am not able to edit my posts to correct them, so, i would like to ask apologizes for these grotesque errors. Smile

Btw...I got a simple idea. I will put a text overlayed on the any new image saying it's a mockup. I guess this will be less confusing for everyone.
see ya.
djh_ Wrote:@rdn98

I work in the twilight zone known as freelance videogames journalism. Used to work at Edge magazine, if you've heard of it. Now I just work for them... and some other folk... and myself...
Just flicked through one of my copies and there you are in the contributors. Big Grin
marcelosouza Wrote:Hey, people.

Again, now in BIG LETTERS (Sorry for that). [COLOR="black"][COLOR="red"]

THE LAST Modified SCREENSHOTS i've send of the AEON SKIN, ARE PHOTOSHOP MOCKUPs, a simple PROOF OF CONCEPT. NOT even A SKIN, NOT EVEN A SUGESTION TO THE ACTUAL SKIN modification, ITS JUST A GROUP OF IDEAS, NOT RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OR ANY UPGRADE.

THESE IMAGES ARE A PHOTOSHOP MOCKUP, NOT A SUGESTION. (Again)

Thanks, and sorry for the caps. But people don't read the posts. Smile

No need to be an ass...I get it. I just happened to stop home during a break at work, and thought I'd pop in for a second. I thought the original pic was a new ss posted by djH.

Szsori's statement was more than sufficient...
Duncan, hows the poster upload to Mediafire going (hint hint)? Wink
I posted this in the Aeon 14 Skin Optimized For XBOX users thread but it might also help someone here.

I've got everything in AEON working pretty smoothly on the XBox without any memory issues to date. When swiping left and right through the AEON menus the FreeMem bounces between 20 and 30 MB free as the background images load. CPU bounces between 25% and 33%.

I have turned off a lot of the standard server features of XBMC so they don't use any additional memory (based on something I read elsewhere). Hopefully the list of what I've turned off might help some others having memory problems (many of the features are turned on by default).

1) I'm running at 720p (System -> Video Hardware -> Choose 720p). As djh said 1080i just aint going to work.
2) Using 720p backdrops across the board from my Photeon series of abstract photographic backdrops. A single image for each of the menus.
3) UPnP Server turned off (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Autostart UPnP Client")
4) If you are connecting to a UPnP Server, then at least consider turning off the UPnP Server on the XBox (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Enable UPnP Server")
5) Web Server turned off (Network -> Servers -> Unselect "Enable Web Server")
6) XBox Remote Server turned off (Network -> Remote Events -> Unselect "Enable Remote Events"

Basically the only thing I have left running on the XBox is the FTP Server so I can update XBMC using the T3CH builds and update the fantastic AEON skin.
have you had the chance to upload the other half and would you be kind enough to share the links?

cheers,

Jason.

djh_ Wrote:I'm glad someone said that as I was wondering. Yes, I'll update it.

I've also uploaded half the posters to mediafire. The other half are going up now.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Agreed, I think the thing I like most about Aeon is that it is slightly subdued on the "bling." It is a classy, sophisticated, skin that relies on great design and grace instead of flashy gimmicky stuff. Just my 2 cents.

I agree... I still think the time.date bar needs to change as it no longer matches the style.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Agreed, I think the thing I like most about Aeon is that it is slightly subdued on the "bling." It is a classy, sophisticated, skin that relies on great design and grace instead of flashy gimmicky stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Much as I appreciate the gesture, these guys are correct. Fine as your skills and experience no doubt are, the concepts posted are far wide of the mark in terms of "getting" what Aeon's all about. Also, I wouldn't worry about writing CONCEPT all over your suggestions or identifying them with paragraphs of big bold text. This is a forum, after all - you'd like to think people would read what you said the first time.

I'm not having a go, just sharing my opinion.
Livin Wrote:I agree... I still think the time.date bar needs to change as it no longer matches the style.

I kind of agree with this as well. It's not a big deal but it feels a little off somehow. I never even thought about it until reading this, so it's obviously not that bad. Is there some way of incorporating the texture/color from the main navigation bar up there?

Anyway, I'm sure people can come up with a decent list of higher priority stuff anyway. Big Grin
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6