• 11(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
dam... that's harsh to watch... knowing mine's not working hombrefeo... gotta figure out what my problemo is... can't for the life of me figure it out... deary me... this is a sad night...
OK think i've sussed out whats happening..

It is memory after all. When you view a film with fanart and the backdrop behind it cycles to the next image, it fails to load because of low memory and causes a blackout.
When the fanart unloads and the next backdrop cycles it loads fine again.

Maybe a change to Aeon where if fanart is loaded, the backdrop cycle pauses ? and when it is unloaded it resumes ?

This would stop the blackouts for sure but maybe hard to implement. djh_?

14a is beautiful btw mate. Really nice.
On a side note, in the AEON status page there is a heading for mods? is this active or just placeholder at present? whats the thinking behind it? custom views or something?
edit: that was happening because i was playing audio at the same time, but still would be nice if the idea above could be looked at..?
no way... memory... well... i've gotta look into that... i never have other stuff running on my xbox... but we'll see what happens when i change a few things... hopefully something... i just can't figure out why my system would be low on memory...
OK, who knows... which takes less memory to load... smaller image files like jpg or bigger image files like bmp?
I am having one small issue now that I am done testing eaon on my desktop and moved it to the media center.

I have an SD media center hooked to and SD tv. When I try to play a standard def file xbmc comes out of full screen mode. is this an issue with xbmc or is it and aeon issue?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
xbox has to do more work to decompress anything other than bmps. You will notice lag with everything else. Resize down to 960x540 too and test.

As you are running a hardware modified xbox with more memory, have you tried running without the Force Xbox Low Texture option ?
xb2iris Wrote:Hitcher... no idea how to check the memory at that point? Any global shortcut i can pop into the keymap.xml to load the system info screen...

Settings -> System -> Enable debug logging

You'll then see the memory on screen. I had problems when it went below 5000.
hombrefeo,
What visualizer are you using in that video during music playback?
-bahndit
@xb2iris: the movie fanart only works in the latest t3ch build btw.
I've just found some more dvd playing probs (movie playing but not showing) in this reversion so maybe other bugs are present regarding the fanart.
Bahndit Wrote:hombrefeo,
What visualizer are you using in that video during music playback?
-bahndit

i think it's called 'album art cube rain' ... it's my fav Smile
I am also having trouble getting fan art to work.

When you say fan art needs to be stored locally, does that mean on the xbox hard drive ? Because I have my movies and fan art stored on an external hard drive connected to my network. I have followed the rules with the -fanart.jpg suffix, and in the same folder as said movie. But still I can't not get it to work.
xb2iris Wrote:dam... that's harsh to watch... knowing mine's not working hombrefeo... gotta figure out what my problemo is... can't for the life of me figure it out... deary me... this is a sad night...

Was having serious issues getting mine to function properly.

Have you tried setting your resolution to 720 instead of auto? Found mine was defaulting to 1080 and was causing all sorts of memory issues.

On a side note, when setting to 720 I also had to change my video player resolution to 720. Otherwise it was also defaulting to 1080, so when playing a video my display was momentarily blanking as my receiver switched between resolutions.
How do I stop the "Movies" list from showing the same as my "TV Show" list? I had this working before I upgraded :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:
2006C6 Wrote:How do I stop the "Movies" list from showing the same as my "TV Show" list? I had this working before I upgraded :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

Either make sure they are named correctly (ie Movies, TV Shows) or enter their targets in the AEON settings.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0