• 3(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
natethomas Wrote:I actually have the same problem as another user. I hate to be the n00b that asks the dumb question, but how do I (or is it even possible to) show tv banners in the TV section without them being squeezed into the boxes that are used for movies? Am I just missing something obvious?

like hitcher said, there is a banner view, but you have to activate it in the settings.
Competes2win Wrote:like hitcher said, there is a banner view, but you have to activate it in the settings.

but I dont want a banner view! Im talking about the episode level, the screens from the episodes are squeezed into a poster shape. not sliding aside and showing the plot and information.
are you in library mode and selected the episode view type?

kakamenuvelet Wrote:but I dont want a banner view! Im talking about the episode level, the screens from the episodes are squeezed into a poster shape. not sliding aside and showing the plot and information.
szsori Wrote:We don't cross-reference them between different series yet on TheTVDB, so it'll not work perfectly on the XBMC side. In addition, once we do get that working this is an XBMC request, not an Aeon request. I suggest you post it in the feature request section on the forums.

Thanks, but I wouldn't know how to explain myself properly...
anyway, I enjoy the TVDB, but I can tell its still a work in progress. keep on the good work.
ewequeone Wrote:are you in library mode and selected the episode view type?

thanks, I knew it must be a problem with the thingy between the computer and the chair.
hello, been searching the threads for a way to move the navigation element from being vertically centered to being placed on the lower bottom part of the screen as seen here : http://www.aeonproject.com/gallery.html

can anyone help me accomplish this? Big Grin
hombrefeo Wrote:hello, been searching the threads for a way to move the navigation element from being vertically centered to being placed on the lower bottom part of the screen as seen here : http://www.aeonproject.com/gallery.html

can anyone help me accomplish this? Big Grin

It's in the Aeon settings, so push up and then over to the Aeon tab. As noted however, the now playing and the rss feeds will be deactivated.
Competes2win Wrote:It's in the Aeon settings, so push up and then over to the Aeon tab. As noted however, the now playing and the rss feeds will be deactivated.

wow, it was right in my face this whole time... thank you for taking the time to reply to my message... i sincerely appreciate it
Am I missing something? The first picture shows a feature I was really looking forward to:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=200...count=2577

I use a remote rather than a controller to interface, is it something not mapped to the remote or was it excluded from the Alpha12 release?
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Am I missing something? The first picture shows a feature I was really looking forward to:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=200...count=2577

I use a remote rather than a controller to interface, is it something not mapped to the remote or was it excluded from the Alpha12 release?

It's 's' on the keyboard, and seeing as I'm using EventGhost I just mapped 's' to a button on my remote. You may have to change the keymap as it's 'right thumb stick in' on the Xbox controller I think.
please can anyone help?

I installed XBMC and Aeon last night, never used either before. Spent ages setting it all up (not the easiest thing to navigate in the world!).

I couldn't get it to appear on my TV full screen (it was either on my monitor or I could drag the tiny window over), anyone know how to make it load up on my 2nd screen rather than my monitor?

Whenever I tried to play a film to test it (all I have on my PC are hi-def ones in MPEG2-mpg, x264-mkv, x264-vob and MPEG2-ts) it hung for a few minutes before I got fed up and quit the program, any ideas?

Is there a way to set up playlists for music?
I have my music in folders (sorted by iTunes) so to add them to the music menu I point it to the iTunes folder on my PC, but when I go to play something I then have to choose the artists folder, then an album folder, is there a way that i could just choose an artist and play their songs without having to go into the album folder?

any help with this would be very much appreciated

I'm using a Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate OS, Pentium D 3Ghz, 2Gb DDR RAM, 1Tb internal drive (2x500Gb) and an ATI HD gfx card, the videos play fine in WMP (using FFDShow) and VLC
A lot of graphics cards can't handle what you are trying to do on the second monitor. This is probably a limitation of your card. I know my ATI card will bog down quite a bit when doing anything that is graphics and memory heavy on the second monitor. Try running it on your main monitor and if it works fine then you'll know whether or not it is a limitation of your card.
Hey Duncan, would it be a lot of work for you to add a dialog window that shows the current state of adding movies/tvshows? The way it currently is you do know it is doing something but it is hard to tell if it is hanging up or still working hard. A lot of the other skins have a progress bar and let you know which file they are working on and it would be awesome if you could add that to the list if possible.
mmace Wrote:please can anyone help?

I installed XBMC and Aeon last night, never used either before. Spent ages setting it all up (not the easiest thing to navigate in the world!).

I couldn't get it to appear on my TV full screen (it was either on my monitor or I could drag the tiny window over), anyone know how to make it load up on my 2nd screen rather than my monitor?

Whenever I tried to play a film to test it (all I have on my PC are hi-def ones in MPEG2-mpg, x264-mkv, x264-vob and MPEG2-ts) it hung for a few minutes before I got fed up and quit the program, any ideas?

Is there a way to set up playlists for music?
I have my music in folders (sorted by iTunes) so to add them to the music menu I point it to the iTunes folder on my PC, but when I go to play something I then have to choose the artists folder, then an album folder, is there a way that i could just choose an artist and play their songs without having to go into the album folder?

any help with this would be very much appreciated

I'm using a Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate OS, Pentium D 3Ghz, 2Gb DDR RAM, 1Tb internal drive (2x500Gb) and an ATI HD gfx card, the videos play fine in WMP (using FFDShow) and VLC

This needs asking in the correct place -

XBMC for Windows - End-User Support (Help) Forum
Cheers hitcher, will ask there, am new to all this so didn't know

smcnally75 Wrote:A lot of graphics cards can't handle what you are trying to do on the second monitor. This is probably a limitation of your card. I know my ATI card will bog down quite a bit when doing anything that is graphics and memory heavy on the second monitor. Try running it on your main monitor and if it works fine then you'll know whether or not it is a limitation of your card.
I can't get it going on the TV, but Media center works fine with all the files, as does WMP and VLC so it's not a limitation of the card
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0