New XBMC for Mac release targeting Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Thumbs Up 
We've got a new development release for the Mac (svn 14178), available for download at Sourceforge. Many new features and fixes since our last release, too many to list (actually it's because I don't know them or remember). On a very minor note, and what I do know, is that we've now got 3 visualizers for the music player. ProjectM now works much better than before (currently at version 1.2).

The frequency of our development releases should hopefully be increasing pretty soon and will be on par with Linux and Win32, with a release every few days depending on development activity.

This release is x86 Leopard only but pretty soon we'll have a Tiger release as well.

NOTE: This is a development release that hasn't undergone any QA, so it's quite likely that many things are broken. The Apple Remote doesn't work (most likely). That will be resolved in the next release.

Release Target: x86 Mac OS 10.5
Download: Sourceforge
  • OpenGL Spectrum Analyzer
  • ProjectM
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Wow, that was nice.. was wondering if this version had died, cool to know that it still lives on Smile
Very interesting, I follow both this and the fork. =)
Thank you so much for this mac-version.

I have a Xbox360 and I am still using my old Xbox just as a Media Center (unfortunately without 5.1-Surroundsound). And finally it`s time to send my old Xbox into retirement. With my MacBook I have true surroundsound and the possibility to play my movies in fullHD, without missing the comfort of XBMC. Smile

I have some questions:
- Is it allready possible to add Skins? (I downloaded the Aeon-Skin, but I don`t know how to install it. There is no such thing as a "skins"-folder.
- How can I implement my whole Itunes-Library?
- Is it possible to add visualations?
- Can I implement emulators?

Thx in advance
bugme Wrote:Thank you so much for this mac-version.

I have a Xbox360 and I am still using my old Xbox just as a Media Center (unfortunately without 5.1-Surroundsound). And finally it`s time to send my old Xbox into retirement. With my MacBook I have true surroundsound and the possibility to play my movies in fullHD, without missing the comfort of XBMC. Smile

I have some questions:
- Is it allready possible to add Skins? (I downloaded the Aeon-Skin, but I don`t know how to install it. There is no such thing as a "skins"-folder.

Thx in advance

1) yes it is you have to actually make a skins folder in app data but I don't own a mac and can't say exactly
2) using itunesfs (mac app) I beleive is the way to do it
3) depends on if you mean more projectm presets or different all together
4) nope not yet
bugme Wrote:I have some questions:
Please underatand and that this specific topic-thread is not meant for support or feature suggestions. Feel free though to (after you searched) start seperate new threads for any question that you not found the answer to, with only one topic per thread. I will tell you right now though that, there is no way for non-programmers to add additional visualization or screensavers, and currently the only way to integrate emulators would be by python script (seach for "emuLauncher" in all forums).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Does anyone else have problems with the installer package?

I downloaded this twice thinking I might have a corrupted file, but everytime the package installer starts I get a crash dialog box:

"The application installer quit unexpectedly"

What do I have to do to install thisHuh?
Dudeman Wrote:Does anyone else have problems with the installer package?

I downloaded this twice thinking I might have a corrupted file, but everytime the package installer starts I get a crash dialog box:

"The application installer quit unexpectedly"

What do I have to do to install thisHuh?

Well, more information would be nice. What computer, exact OS version, OSX always creates a crashlog, posting the crashlog to a pastebin site (NOT here) and putting the link here would also help debug the problem.
Smile 
davilla Wrote:Well, more information would be nice. What computer, exact OS version, OSX always creates a crashlog, posting the crashlog to a pastebin site (NOT here) and putting the link here would also help debug the problem.
Problem solved. I looked at the log, and it turns out that the error was with Installer, not the package.

Somehow my Mac started associating .pkg files with an old version of installer made for PPC which I still had in a old backup folder.

Re-associated with the correct version and it works fine now.

Thanks for pointing me to the crash logs.
Quote:Problem solved. I looked at the log, and it turns out that the error was with Installer, not the package.
Somehow my Mac started associating .pkg files with an old version of installer made for PPC which I still had in a old backup folder.
Re-associated with the correct version and it works fine now. Thanks for pointing me to the crash logs.

i hv same problem cannot start XBMC_for_Mac_SVN_14178
..old xbmc 0.5.0b2 work fine
please provide step by step guide

amd 6600+
4gb ddr ram
motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69gm-sh2
leopard 10.5.4
xboxgame Wrote:i hv same problem cannot start XBMC_for_Mac_SVN_14178
..old xbmc 0.5.0b2 work fine
please provide step by step guide

amd 6600+
4gb ddr ram
motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69gm-sh2
leopard 10.5.4

Need more info about what your problem is. "cannot start XBMC_for_Mac_SVN_14178" is not enough information to even start debugging the problem.
Awesome release. I feel more comfortavle usings an XBMC release rather than the fork. As I use the XBOX version, I have it running on my EEEpc and my macbook. Very solid after having a little play with it. Keep up the great work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC for Mac release targeting Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)0