Making the caching dialogue not show up
Is there by any chance an option, to turn of the caching notification dialoge? When ever I play a certain kind of HD Content, the caching dialogue pops up once for just for a fraction of of a second, after about a second into the movie. Now for normal daily use, this is no problem at all, but I find myself using XBMC more often to run trailer-rolls, or a bunch of short clips in a row (queued) and therefore have to live with this short insert poping up in between clips.

I can live with the short hickup and a few dropt frames in the beginning, I don't have to have a message that tells me time and time again, why this is the case, it ruins the esthetics for me.. Wink
Not alterable at the moment, but if you wish to change it and build yourself, search for CDlgCache and change the first parameter passed in to it (default is 3000 ms)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

In "rev 14676" the caching dialogue doesn't show up at the start of clips anymore - at least from what I have experienced in the time using this build. Yay! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making the caching dialogue not show up0