• 3(current)
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC?
This isn't available for download yet is it? I have a jailbroken 3g iphone and reading this thread is like torture! Laugh

This app looks great, thanks so much for doing it!
emid Wrote:This isn't available for download yet is it? I have a jailbroken 3g iphone and reading this thread is like torture! Laugh

This app looks great, thanks so much for doing it!

Add http://home.austin.rr.com/jsavage/iphone/Cydia to your cydia sources on your iPhone.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
w84no1 Wrote:Add http://home.austin.rr.com/jsavage/iphone/Cydia to your cydia sources on your iPhone.

Is this repo for the IPhone remote app that Narcan is describing in this thread? I see one called XBMC control. I got it installed but I cannot get it to see my music or anything at all for that matter. Do I need to change a setting on my XBMC to get this to work?
w84no1 Wrote:Right now you can only use the app if you have a jailbroken iPhone/touch.

Think there is a little confusion.

I've been referring to the XBMC Remote app that I am developing, not the existing one.

The difference being that it is being written with the official SDK and will be released on the app store.

Quote:This is sounding better and better.

I'm curious what options Apple/iTunes gives developers for alpha & beta testing? Do you give Apple a list of people that you approve as testers and only they can see in iTunes initially?

Whatever it is, I'm volunteering to help test if and when you need it.

I appreciate the offer but as far as I know with the $100 license you pretty only much get the ability to support one developer, which sucks. Though I haven't added it to iTunes connect yet, so maybe there is possibility there, I'll let you know if I find anything more.

Though I've been trying to get as much test coverage as possible

My current test environment is -

- XBOX - older version of XBMC , about a year old.
- XBMC Mac - Atlantis Beta 3
- XBMC Linux - Latest SVN

Still yet to setup a windows machine..

Cheers,
Dave.
Sounds awesome. Can"t wait for it to be unleashed to the app store !

Don't forget to add a "donate" link Wink
@narcan

Can we get a few more screenshots to keep us satiated. Perhaps a look at the upside down remote? This project is just awesome and I can't stop checking this thread. Wink
http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/?p=447

Open source iphone gfx
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@narcan

Can we get a few more screenshots to keep us satiated. Perhaps a look at the upside down remote? This project is just awesome and I can't stop checking this thread. Wink

http://dave.fumberger.com/?p=24

Hope that helps !
Shocked You are kidding. That is truly awesome.
WOW! That is absolutely amazing! Great work man. The only thing I can suggest would be thumb caching if possible to cut down on thumbnail load time. Great work.
The only issue with the video is that you keep calling it "Xbox" Media Center.

It is no longer that. It is just "XBMC Media Center".

Otherwise, looks awesome!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rainbow 
VERY COOL! ...now I have to save money to get myself an iPhone or iPod Touch

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:WOW! That is absolutely amazing! Great work man. The only thing I can suggest would be thumb caching if possible to cut down on thumbnail load time. Great work.

Cool, glad you like it!

Yeah, though the load time is actually a bit deceiving. There is a intentionally introduced delay at the moment of around 500ms. This is just to give the ipod touch some breathing space though I should be able to change this to a lower value. Without a pause I found that it could make the UI less responsive when it was pulling down large images (even though it's doing that in a separate thread).

But yeah, if I was implemented caching I could cache the smaller files and could show them instantly next time.

Though I'll probably look at this in a subsequent release (but that won't be too far away), just because I want to try and focus on getting a release out now.

Quote:The only issue with the video is that you keep calling it "Xbox" Media Center.

It is no longer that. It is just "XBMC Media Center".

Otherwise, looks awesome!

Haha I know sorry about that, it's just out of habit.. I realized this after I finished and couldn't be bothered redoing it Smile

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone. I'll try and submit it to the app store today so hopefully all goes well and it gets put up. Don't know how long this will take though.. the whole app process is a real pain in the ass, especially with the code signing.
That's great news narcan. Nod I'll search the app store every 3 minutes. This is the most excited about something for XBMC since I saw Aeon. Please make sure and add a donation link somewhere.
Regarding the cache.. Does the API support some sort of getCRCforThumb which you can compare to the cached files in the flash of the iPod/iPhone?
I'm thinking if the thumbs in XBMC changes, new copies should be fetched. It's not enough to just compare filesize or dates I guess.

I've ordered an iPod Touch just for this application. Tnx a bunch!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC?1