Help for a noob?
please can anyone help?

I installed XBMC and Aeon last night, never used either before. Spent ages setting it all up (not the easiest thing to navigate in the world!).

I couldn't get it to appear on my TV full screen (it was either on my monitor or I could drag the tiny window over), anyone know how to make it load up on my 2nd screen rather than my monitor?

Whenever I tried to play a film to test it (all I have on my PC are hi-def ones in MPEG2-mpg, x264-mkv, x264-vob and MPEG2-ts) it hung for a few minutes before I got fed up and quit the program, any ideas? (it stayed on the menu screen with the film selected but never started playing and froze up so I couldn't do anything)

Is there a way to set up playlists for music?
I have my music in folders (sorted by iTunes) so to add them to the music menu I point it to the iTunes folder on my PC, but when I go to play something I then have to choose the artists folder, then an album folder, is there a way that i could just choose an artist and play their songs without having to go into the album folder?

any help with this would be very much appreciated

I'm using a Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate OS, Pentium D 3Ghz, 2Gb DDR RAM, 1Tb internal drive (2x500Gb) and an ATI HD gfx card, the videos play fine in WMP (using FFDShow) and VLC
mmace Wrote:I couldn't get it to appear on my TV full screen (it was either on my monitor or I could drag the tiny window over), anyone know how to make it load up on my 2nd screen rather than my monitor?
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34821

mmace Wrote:Whenever I tried to play a film to test it (all I have on my PC are hi-def ones in MPEG2-mpg, x264-mkv, x264-vob and MPEG2-ts) it hung for a few minutes before I got fed up and quit the program, any ideas? (it stayed on the menu screen with the film selected but never started playing and froze up so I couldn't do anything)
It was a bug that has been fixed in the SVN (source code), so either build/compile XBMC from the latest SVN or wait for the next release.

mmace Wrote:Is there a way to set up playlists for music?
M3U playlists are supported, and XBMC also have a smart playlist editor build-in, please (always) read the online manual. iTunes playlists are however not yet supported.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for a noob?0