Remote control setup
Hi guys,

I've looked everywhere for this info, and I can't seem to track it down. I have XBMC running on Ubuntu (Hardy) and am totally impressed by all of its functionality, as well as the professional look of it. I'm running into problems getting my remote control setup to work with it though. I've got an old IRA-3 (irman) serial receiver that I'm trying to use with my Harmony 628 universal remote. I've got lirc setup and recognizing commands -- I've mapped a set of remote codes to commands in the lircd.conf and can see them being recognized using irw. I have even gotten irexec to work properly to launch and kill XBMC, via .lirc commands. But I can't seem to get anything to be recognized within XBMC. I'm wondering what the exact connection between the underlying lircd.conf, your home ~.lirc file, the Lircmap.xml and the Keymap.xml is. What I'm essentially looking for is a way to map all of the commands that I've established in my /etc/lircd.conf file (via irrecord) to actual functionality within XBMC. I seem to be missing something.

As an aside, I originally tried setting my Harmony remote to emulate the XBox (with DVD), but lirc didn't seem to recognize any keypresses (via irw or irrecord). So I defaulted back to using the codes from an old DVD player that was already set up in the remote (but no longer part of my system). I mapped all of the codes to Xbox-ish commands.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Dave
Never mind -- figured it out. The answer was actually in another thread posted today. The name listed in the lircd.conf file has to match that in the Lircmap.xml. Since I was using irrecord to generate my lircd.conf, it was using the file name as the remote name. Stupid me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control setup0