Need Python for XBMC for Windows?
Question 
Hello XBMC Folks!

I have been researching during free moments how I can watch various media on my TV (divx, photo's, Fark-Caturday posts, etc.). I saw XBMC early on but kept looking for other devices... well, after all the research, I decided to take a look at XBMC in more detail. I figured I would test using the Windows version (sort of a proof of concept thing) before purchasing a used Xbox.

I love what I see so far. I am playing with some scripts out there...specifically those that give me the ability to view web content. I know, I know,...I have searched the thread and have seen all the hullabaloo about browsers in Xbmc. I could not get Linksboks going even though I found a compiled version with a default.xbe (I am guessing that is only for the Xbox).

Now to my question....I found Ooba and it says it requires have the python23.zlib file to be in my Python directory. I looked and found that filename in CVS and when I download it, there are a number of files in a zip file. I do not know what to do with it... Do I just place the python23.zip (or a later version of python)?

Thanks In Advance!
Jim
Ooba I'm assuming that its a site, why not make a request for a plugin if you are interested in building a script or plugin your self this would be the place to start

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Scripts

but unless you do a bit of coding yourself It will be a steep learning curve
Ooba is a script that I added via XBMCScipts. When I click on it, for about a second, it diplays right next to the Ooba icon/Name it says (Running), then it disappears and nothing happens. I went to the Ooba readme file and it says:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
--------------------------
0) Ensure that you have python installed
(do you have a "...\xbmc\python\python23.zlib" file?)

Since I do not have a python subdirectory with the python23.zlib file, I am assuming I need to install Python. That is why I was wondering if and how I can install Python on XMBC for Windows.
Ugh! I see someone else asked the same question. Doh..

its not XBMC \ Python. The Python libs are in XBMC\System.

Nevermind...

--Jim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Python for XBMC for Windows?0