[WINDOWS] Specify specific soundcard / audio-output to use
Just found out today that XBMC exists, been using mediaportal which is not functioning properly for me. Now the only (current) problem with XBMC for me is that I can't specify which soundcard driver to use to play sounds. I'd like to specify to use Juli@ spdif out instead of the windows default I presume it's using now. Is there any way to do this?
Are you on XP or Vista? In XP, you can just change the default in Control Panel/Sound & Audio Devices. XBMC won't let you address the sound to a non-default card at this time, but most other applications you'll use for sound will (such as Winamp), and you can set those to play via analog or whatever...
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
In vista it's practicaly the same. Rightclick on the speaker symbol in the systemtray, select playback devices, and change the default one. Afterwards just restart XBMC. Took a while until I had the last step figured out btw.. Wink
To bad it can't change to a non-default card then, that's what I was hoping for. Hmmm I wonder what to do then, so much fuss to change default card every time I want to watch a youtube movie without going to the tv. I guess I'll have to wait for a later version of xbmc then.
You may want to post a feature request on our trac system. We're still fighting with a lot of bugs but it is better to document it there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I will do that! I'd love to use it, it's oh so much better than anything else out there from what I've seen. Just lacking advanced sound config options.
It's lacking a lot more than that but more important it's also lacking Devs. Sad
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Too bad Sad
Also to bad I don't think I know enough of the programming languages involved to help either. C++/C, assembly and directx right?
Mosty only C++ (maybe some C and Assembly but only if you wish to touch those parts, no DirectX/DirectX, XBMC for Windows uses SDL/OpenGL).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Specify specific soundcard / audio-output to use0