• 88(current)
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)
Built from main trunk SVN at Dharma tag.
Upped XBMC-Rev35645-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev35645-DX
Upped XBMC-Rev35744.zip
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev35744.exe
I have XBMC r35744 2 Jan and I was wondering if people knew if this was the latest as normally there are updates daily. I know of the 'SVN to git update' but does this mean we have to compile our own now or will there be more updates soon?

BD ISO feature looking forward to!

Thanks!
They just switched from SVN to GIT, so the site(s) that did the nightly builds have to play catch-up and make the switch over to GIT.

From Craig who hosts one of the sites:

Quote:By {Craig} on 1/5/2011 9:06:51 PM

Give me a little while to better understand git and just what info I can glean from it after a pull. The issues are two fold.

1st my scripts depend on revisions to know if it has been updated since the last poll or not. And if it has been then build and if it builds upload to site.

2nd is that it also pulls the changelog changes and writes it to a file that the site reads so you can view the different change logs every new build.

I see a command for logs But I am pretty well freaking out on how I can get git to work for me . It is faster than SVN but sucks in many others.

So be patient... :-) Also, the Team will likely turn the faucet back of for nightly builds on the official download page soon.
-stoli-
Exactly. We all do this in our free time. Give us all some time to adapt to the changes.
How does one check the version number? Trac now uses the git hex notation...

Also, a very respectful and gentle plead for an updated build with BD ISO support.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
The version check will depend on what the build number actually is. I haven't had a chance to pull from GIT and test yet. It probably won't happen for a few days due to my work. I will squeeze it in as soon as I can.
Thanks for the answer and for the builds. Everything is really much appreciated and you don't get thanked nearly enough (as all the devs, IMHO).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I've been able to move over to GIT and make a successful build. How XBMC's version numbering will be done now is not sorted out as far as I can tell. Once I know how that will be done (hopefully not using GIT hashes) it will be business as normal.
Okay. I just setup my development PC to auto build and upload each night at 1:00 AM EST. I am hoping it can wake from S5, otherwise I'll have to rely on standby and hibernation. Since this will be done automagically now, I may no longer make a new post each time a new build is uploaded each night. Unless, I can find a way to automate that as well.

These are unofficial builds by me from the trunk. You can get official nightly builds from the XBMC download page. Any issues with the builds should be reported in a new thread. Please remember this thread is for announcements ONLY. Not for problems or requests.

If you want to know what has changed between builds or if a particular bug has been fixed, check out the GitHub page.
1st test builds before auto kicks in tonight.
Upped XBMC-Rev_110321-f53aa79.zip.zip
Upped XBMCSetup-20110321-f53aa79-dx.exe
Upped XBMC-Rev_110322-982d445.zip
Upped XBMCSetup-20110322-982d445-dx.exe
Upped XBMC-Rev_110323-5886c7f.zip
Upped XBMCSetup-20110323-5886c7f-dx.exe
Now that Eden is released. My nightly builds will resume starting tonight.
Given the new plan (http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2012/05/02/xb...ril-cycle/) to implement changes on a monthly cycle is it possible to use XBMCUpdate to grab the monthly snapshots which will apparently be the 'more stable' releases from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32 ?
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)12