htbackdrops.org (Home Theater Backdrops) for Music, Weather, and Games FanArt
Lightbulb 
nuzecast Wrote:I'd like nothing more, but I just don't have the skills.

I've downloaded it and installed it but I'm getting SQL version errors when attempting to register as a user.

I have zero programming skills so it would probably be impossible anyway for me to change it (simplify the structure) to just serve images.

I am willing to pay someone to set this up but I couldn't afford a lot.
Maybe team up with one or more other web designers/developers who have SQL experience? Wink

Perhaps even ask the guys behind TheTVDB.com and themoviedb.org if they like to start a joint site? ...I know that guys behind themoviedb.org bought the domain "themusicdb.org" in case they would ever want to start a such project in the future, but I doubt that they would want to run it alone, (as they are as far as I know only two person working on themoviedb.org today), it is probably too large of a project for one person so teamwork is almost certainly required.

There is no reason that it 'only' has to hold FanArt, it could be made to a complete music database someday, you could possibly start a such priject by copying some metadata from freedb.org and musicbrainz.org, then get album cover images, and artist pictures from community uploaders. Free to all users and community driven meta data content is the key I think, however website adds, sponsors, and donations to pay for everything is OK.

I suggest you post a public plea for help on the forums of the sites who will use it (XBMC, MediaPortal, MeediOS, etc.)

Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Maybe team up with one or more other web designers/developers who have SQL experience? Wink

Perhaps even ask the guys behind TheTVDB.com and themoviedb.org if they like to start a joint site? ...I know that guys behind themoviedb.org bought the domain "themusicdb.org" in case they would ever want to start a such project in the future, but I doubt that they would want to run it alone, (as they are as far as I know only two person working on themoviedb.org today), it is probably too large of a project for one person so teamwork is almost certainly required.

There's actually three of us now...or is it four. I've been an official editor for a week or two now. Wink

I'm so dumb...I'll say something about this on the forums over there...
Gamester17 Wrote:This is the same open source website framework that http://thetvdb.com and http://themoviedb.org uses.

I think themoviedb site uses different code and its certainly not for the faint hearted to run a site like this. I think Travis posted there were 12 million API requests last month Smile
Be great though if the website (frontedn/backend/API) code could be re-used for a such site, ...no need to reinvent the wheel if you do not have to, right?

Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi I was wondering if there was any development in a scrapable site for music? I am fully willing to help with running of the site or anything else I can do to help.

Cheers
problem with htbackdrops.com is that it requires cookies and js execution since the returned search url's are relative to a 'search' album. if htbackdrops could provide real url's in its search (i.e. those with album=2) it would work just fine. without, it unfortunately requires a full browser to be usable
Any chance the original 1080p images are kept on the site anywere? The "Download original file" link still takes me to 720p images. :-(
So I've redone the site using a more scraper-friendly script.

Spiff thinks this will work OK so I moved all the images out of the old one and into this one.

http://www.htbackdrops.com

I'm sorry to say all image uploader credit was not transferred (not enough time to go through each image one by one) so if any of you wish to have your images credited to you please register again and let me know which ones are yours and I will assign them to your account.
Right now it looks like all images were uploaded by me when this is certainly not the case.

I know there were several big-time contributors and I apologize for this but hopefully it is worth it to allow XBMC to scrape the site successfully.

Oh, and this script has been set up to NOT do any downsizing of 1080p images

If you spot any bugs please let me know.

Nuzecast
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
nuzecast Wrote:So I've redone the site using a more scraper-friendly script.

Spiff thinks this will work OK so I moved all the images out of the old one and into this one.

http://www.htbackdrops.com

I'm sorry to say all image uploader credit was not transferred (not enough time to go through each image one by one) so if any of you wish to have your images credited to you please register again and let me know which ones are yours and I will assign them to your account.
Right now it looks like all images were uploaded by me when this is certainly not the case.

I know there were several big-time contributors and I apologize for this but hopefully it is worth it to allow XBMC to scrape the site successfully.

Oh, and this script has been set up to NOT do any downsizing of 1080p images

If you spot any bugs please let me know.

Nuzecast

AWESOME. Long overdue. Wink

As far as credit for the uploads I did...I've got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 170-180 uploads. Want me to just PM you with a list of the filenames in the archive? Regardless...I'm not too concerned. Just happy to have them accessible to as many ppl as possible.
now all we require is someone to add some metal bands and i will commit this to svn =P
i'll try to throw out some req's, who knows =)

darkthrone, aura noir, dhg, satyricon, entombed, audio pain, virus, 1349, orcustus,
these arms are snakes, voivod, jr ewing, motorpsycho, emperor
spiff Wrote:i'll try to throw out some req's, who knows =)

darkthrone, aura noir, dhg, satyricon, entombed, audio pain, virus, 1349, orcustus,
these arms are snakes, voivod, jr ewing, motorpsycho, emperor

Looks like I'll be able to find sources for about 75% of these...I've downloaded a few HQ images already, but I can't get to photoshop till I get home. So, I'll make them for you for the sake of getting this baby off the ground.

Now...what do I have to do for you to get proper support for tv studios? Wink
wait patiently and not pm me with nagging is a good start ;P

i guess you're about to scratch my itch so i will atleast attach a diff to the trac shortly. Smile but it won't hit svn before 9.04 i'm afraid
spiff Wrote:wait patiently and not pm me with nagging is a good start ;P

i guess you're about to scratch my itch so i will atleast attach a diff to the trac shortly. Smile but it won't hit svn before 9.04 i'm afraid

Wasn't intended to be nagging...more of a "Hey, if you get a chance, could you check this out?" sorta message. Wink

Edit: Allright...uploaded. The pics just need to be approved, then they should be visible.
Thanks for the site setup and scraper support mods.

Support for this is currently in MIP's test builds and will be bundled up at the end of the week into the new install version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htbackdrops.org (Home Theater Backdrops) for Music, Weather, and Games FanArt1