htbackdrops.org (Home Theater Backdrops) for Music, Weather, and Games FanArt
Reviving an old thread, but only relebvent one I could find without starting another one:

Does anyone know whats going on with HTBackdrops.com? It has been down for over a month now. It is one of the better established sites for XBMC for fanart and such. It is closed permanently, site problem... any ideas?
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/index.php
all working here
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Ok, this is strange.... It is not working here, just the standard:

The connection has timed out The server at www.htbackdrops.com is taking too long to respond.

I am at home, DSL 6 Meg connection. No restrictions at all on my network, no firewall preventing it.... I am at a loss as to what it could be. I can not get to it with IE, FF or Chrome, as well as the script that I am using my key with their API to look up information is not working.

Just tried pinging the site from here, the IP is resolved, but can not connect:

Quote:C:\Documents and Settings\John>ping www.htbackdrops.com

Pinging htbackdrops.com [188.138.90.170] with 32 bytes of dat

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 188.138.90.170:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Also tested on my tablet and another computer connected to my home network.... nothing. I just tried on Galaxy S3 using 4G, and it timed out as well. This tells me that it is not simply a problem with the home network, but now a more "regional" issue.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
no issues whatsoever in the south east of the uk !!!!
Looks like you may need to have a word with your ISP
btw out of interest any issues with other sites tvdb/imdb/fanart.tv/tmdb or is it just this one rogue site ?
It is JUST HTbackdrops. I have never had this problem before. I see posts now and again about people having problems at work, using proxies, ISP blockage and such. This is a first for me! Just an FYI, I am a computer tech, and have worked in IT for a couple of different companies, so I kinda know what I am doing. I do NOT know everything, but am an "advanced user" I would have to say.

I just contacted Tobias over at HTBackdrops via email. Hopefully they can shed some light on the situation.

wierd stuff - I have no answer other than good luck with the e-mail
let me know how you get on (a bit of a computer tech although leaning towards graphics these days) but am still interested on the outcome
Hi,

does someone have an update to this thread ?

I have the same problem. Can't reacht htbackdrops.com from my side....

Cheers,

Quantor
I am glad to hear it is not just me! Smile It started working here about 3 weeks ago, and now has stopped again. I haven't been able to get to the site in a week now again......

not working my end either - hmmmmm
I just went to htbackdrops.com and I get a "site suspended" page from hostgator. That would lead me to believe that the site has died a quiet death. If so, that's unfortunate. That leaves Artist Slideshow with one one source of images (Last.FM), at least until XBMC 13 comes out with (hopefully) support for MusicBrainz ID. From what I've seen, I need that ID if I'm going to add any other download options for Artist Slideshow.
I came to the same result. No htbackdrops.com anymore. Maybe fanart.tv could be added as another source.
I just tried again, and got a blank page... nothing but a white screen. Looking at the address bar however, I was redirected to "http://www.htbackdrops.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi"

I hope this is just a late payment or mix up somewhere, as this is an email I got in response to asking about their site being offline just 3 weeks ago:

Quote:Hi John!

The site has been running smooth for weeks. Two month ago we had problems with a high load of spam mails that took out the server for a couple hours.

Other than that, we only sometimes experience short downtimes in the range from 10 seconds to 5 minutes due to high traffic. Sadly our budget is so low that we only can effort one small server to run the site and do not have any kind of failover to keep it up during stress situations or maintenances.

To answer your question: If you experience downtimes it is just normal madness or a problem on your end. J

Cheers,

Tobias

This has always been one of my favorite resources for Music Farart. I have also uploaded over three hundred 1920 x 1080 Artist Fanart's to fill in gaps for ones that were missing. So just sayin', I am not a complete leech and actively supported the site Wink In fact I have 11 more here that I now have no where to upload...

If it's about money then maybe we can try and scrape together some cash for their site. If they had a donation page, then a single post on facebook and XBMC homepage blog entry might be able to drum up enough $5 donations, especially if MP & Meedios and anyone else using the scraper did the same.

Has anyone heard anything official?

Regards

Kiwijunglist
Supermod, Team Mediaportal
I haven't heard anything, but after a month of it being down I think it's safe to assume its gone.

If you're looking for a home for 1920x1080 images, I would suggest fanart.tv. They do music artists as well as TV, and I'm adding support for that site to Artist Slideshow. If the artist isn't in their system, you have to create the artist using their MusicBrainz ID, so if the artist doesn't have a MusicBrainz ID that is an extra step.

Fanart.tv also already has a donate button and an indicator of how far from their annual goal, so I'd suggest donating if you use artist images a great deal to help make sure this one sticks around.
I have a giant collection of music prescraped so I'm pretty good. Yes fanart.tv seems like the next best site. It would be nice if we could get a hold of the site owner so the existing database is not wasted. There is a lot of content that was on htbackdrops that is not available on fanart.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htbackdrops.org (Home Theater Backdrops) for Music, Weather, and Games FanArt1