Location Free Player idea....
So I just bought a location free player PK1 for $47.50 brand new off ebay.....
Pretty sweet deal considering they are around like $100 everywhere else....
I am waiting for it to come in an i have been day dreaming about it all day....
(I have a PSP, so that means remote XBMC, and live TV anywhere in the worldBig Grin)
But it makes me wonder....after all the work that has been put into xbmc, and all the apps written, there has to be a relatively easy app that you can write to get xbmc to be able to connect to the location free player (that would be connected to the cable/sat) so that you will be able to use an xbox as a TV box, because the psp can do it....

-First I would need to find out how the LFP(Location free player) sends out the signal to any device....
-Then it would help to see how the PSP LFP feature works as it would give a basic outline on how to code the xbox (cause the xbox doesn't have the hardware to reach the requirements to be called a PC...
-Then we would code it as an app
-then we would work on getting it show up as an icon in the home screen...

I plan on making this in python, because I read somewhere that python is what most XBMC apps are made of, and second that is really the only one that I really know RIGHT NOW

Also it won't get done if I do it all by myself, cause I have never fully written a useful program in python, non the less an XBMC appConfused....so if anyone would like to help, I am fully open for you....we will try to use this thread as the drawing board, but if the mods don't like that then, no problem, we will just move onto PM's....Thansk for reading...
You know, you have an interesting idea.

However, I think you are making it harder than it is. You know that the Location Free Base Stations have two video channel outputs? I have one set up, attached to my DVR/Cable box. It's set to channel one. Channel two is my XBMC on my Xbox. It has a second IR blaster and separate controls. (The only problem is that I can't turn on my Xbox remotely.)

This means I can watch anything on live TV, anything recorded on my DVR and anything on my network over the Xbox from my PSP or laptop, from anywhere that I can get internet access.

I'm just not seeing a need to turn an xbox into a Location Free player. You are either at home and can just switch to a cable box, or on the road and have distance viewing capability anyway.
I wish someone would develop an iphone app for locationfree, that would be great!
Calmiche Wrote:You know, you have an interesting idea.

However, I think you are making it harder than it is. You know that the Location Free Base Stations have two video channel outputs? I have one set up, attached to my DVR/Cable box. It's set to channel one. Channel two is my XBMC on my Xbox. It has a second IR blaster and separate controls. (The only problem is that I can't turn on my Xbox remotely.)

This means I can watch anything on live TV, anything recorded on my DVR and anything on my network over the Xbox from my PSP or laptop, from anywhere that I can get internet access.

I'm just not seeing a need to turn an xbox into a Location Free player. You are either at home and can just switch to a cable box, or on the road and have distance viewing capability anyway.

My major problem with that is there is only 2 jacks for teh location free player in, and then there in no output....So if I have my xbox in the location free player, then It is a pain in the *** to replug it back into my tv when I am home, and then I would have to remember to plug it into the location free player everytime I am on the road...
I'm interested in getting a locationfree to watch a tivo I have at another location (not at my house), preferably through my xbmc. I think a situation like this would warrant a script/plugin like the originator detailed. I have never made a script/plugin, so would be of little use in development, but would be very interested in something materializes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location Free Player idea....0