Library mode can't find episodes?
use your eyes,

it's in the signature of pretty much EVERYBODY who has posted in this thread, in particular mine and sho's. not to mention in the forum FAQ which you should have read before you posted, on xbmc.org, google +++++
Hey guys to answer some questions:
I'm using Windows XP SP3 and as for the build i'm using, well all i can find out that it was compiled 7/15/08.

As for filenaming convention, it's set up like:
-Television (Parent Folder)
--The Simpsons (Subfolder)
---Season 1 (Subfolder)
----1x01 - Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire.avi (Season/Episode #/Episode name)
Also what is strange is "Whose Line Is It Anyway" Season 1, filename convention the same as every other shows, is the only one that was scanned into the Library properly.
check this part out... its probably your naming convention...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows#TV_...onventions

an example of what works is something like this:
\TV Shows\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 1\Battlestar Galactica - S01E01.avi

notice the (2003) after the name of the show? that part is important supposedly even if there is only one version of that show/movie
looking at your simpsons example, your problem is the season and episode identifiers are the very first part of the filename which is not part of the standard regexps. add this to advancesettings.xml. (this is right from my very own advancedsettings file so i know it works.)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp>[\\/]s?([0-9]+)[ex]?([0-9][0-9])[\. _\-]*([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

this will match the following filenames:
s01e01 - foo.avi
101 - foo.avi
1x01 - foo.avi
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Let's change this. My proposal is the following regexps (in all examples foo and/or bar may be empty)

1. foo[s01]_[e01]bar.ext

\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)$

2. foo1x09bar.ext

([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

3. fooS01E02bar.ext, foos01.e01.ext, foos01_e01.ext etc.

[Ss]([0-9]+)[\._-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

4. foo.103bar.ext, foo_103bar.ext, foo 103bar.ext

[\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ -][^\\/]*)$

Note that number 4 is troublesome (possibility of matching numbers in a string) so we may have to reconsider that one?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

kraqh3d Wrote:looking at your simpsons example, your problem is the season and episode identifiers are the very first part of the filename which is not part of the standard regexps. add this to advancesettings.xml. (this is right from my very own advancedsettings file so i know it works.)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp>[\\/]s?([0-9]+)[ex]?([0-9][0-9])[\. _\-]*([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

this will match the following filenames:
s01e01 - foo.avi
101 - foo.avi
1x01 - foo.avi

Thanks a lot, this fixed it.
Hmm...now i have run into another problem (maybe related?). It has only scanned in 12 shows instead of 23. They all show if i turn off library mode however. I have tried to rescan but the scraper finds nothing.
debug log
I was able to fix it. Instead of using "Scan for new content" on the parent folder "television" i right-clicked on one of the series subfolders and chose "Update library" and it seemed to find the other shows.
jmarshall,
did you make those changes to the regexps already? i have changes waiting to commit which uses named subpatterns for tvshow matching. it gives the regexps more flexibility because parens can be used for grouping now which means these could be consolidated together. and i dont think we should include number four as it would match a four digit year in a filename.
No - I figured I'd wait for a consensus before I unilaterally changed it. Feel free to commit them when you do the subpattern matches if you agree with them - I've got way too much on my plate at the moment to do it Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

two of the default regexps are these: (code version so they have double slashes)

[\\._ \\[-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\\\/]*)$
[\\._ -]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\\._ -][^\\\\/]*)$

they could just be combined together as this, and be filename beginning safe:

[\\\\/\\._ \\[-]+([0-9]+)x?([0-9][0-9])([\\._ -][^\\\\/]*)$

this should match any of the following filenames:

/101.avi
/[101].avi
/101.bar.avi
/1x01.avi
/1x01.bar.avi
/foo.101.avi
/foo.101.bar.avi
/foo.1x01.avi
/foo.1x01.bar.avi
/foo.[1x01].bar.avi
What about:

4400.s01e02.avi

Perhaps I'm just trying to be difficult (24 isn't quite long enough to do it Wink IMO we should kill off anything that doesn't have specific identifiers (x/e/s) from the defaults. Reducing the chance of bad matches is more important I think than trying to catch everything.

Cheers,
Jonathan

very good example, but as long as its evaluated after the s01e01 regexp, its fine. though, of course, the.4400.101.avi has the same problem Wink

but anything with four digits is already a potential problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode can't find episodes?0