• 4(current)
MediaStream - ::The wait is over::
great work guys.

really.. well done.
Wink 
Truly grate skin... but i have a big wish list.... Smile
  • When you go to the menu while watching a movie, have it playing fullscreen in the background like MARK-III.

• Have an option to have a horizontal home scroller to display the menu like the Aeon lower scroller.
  • Have the scroller look something like this...
  • have a menu slide up whith the options above the menu if you push "up"
  • have a menu slide up whith the options below the menu if you push "down"
  • have the choices pop up to the left of the option if you chose for example SYSTEM - SKIN, almost like now.
  • Have the weather display on the home screen when you go past the WEATHER menu, not in a separated window.
Code:
SKIN
                                                                                                                                             SCRIPTS
                                                                                                                                             FILE MANAGER
                                                                     GUIDE     AREA 1    ARTIST                                              FAVORITES
RECENTLY ADDED                                                      LIVE CHAN AREA 2    ALBUM                                               PROFILES
FILES VIEW                                                          RECORDIN. AREA 3    FILES                                               APPEARANCE
   |                                                                    |         |        |                                                   |
MOVIES - TV SHOWS - CHILD MOVIES - CHILD TV SHOWS - CLIPS - ADULT - MYTH TV - WEATHER - MUSIC - GAMES - ARCADE - APPS - PICTURES - COMICS - SYSTEM
   |                                                                              |        |                       |        |                  |
GENERAL                                                                       SETTINGS  GENERAL                  FILES  GENERAL             HARDWARE
LIBRARY                                                                                 LIBRARY                         SLIDESHOW           LCD
PLAYER                                                                                  PLAYER                                              AUTORUN
SUBTITLES                                                                               FILES                                               CACHE
                                                                                         LAST.FM                                             AUDIO HARDWARE
                                                                                         CD RIPPING                                          MASTER LOCK
                                                                                                                                             NETWORK
so basically...you want compeltely different navigation? I think you're in the wrong sub-forum mate...try Aeon above. That has horizontal scrollers and does a lot of what you want!!

Big Grin Thanks!
well maybe... it is almost as yours only your left view wold be on the bottom... and you wold have an different menu pop up if you push "up" then you wold if you posh "down"...
what about point 1Huh any interestHuh
slask Wrote:well maybe... it is almost as yours only your left view wold be on the bottom... and you wold have an different menu pop up if you push "up" then you wold if you posh "down"...
what about point 1Huh any interestHuh

That's coming in the next release I believe.
Point 1 that is not the horizontal scrolling.
Guys,

Well what can I say, your release hasn't disapointed at all. I am so glad the slide out blade from the main menu was swapped around since the first concepts of way back when. It seems in many respects that you have also found your way back to some of the simpler designs, I know monkey was playing around with the idea of graphics for the view types and things of that nature, but seeing how this turned out seems there was no need to go down that path anyway... Perhaps ideas to take to the next skin.. LOL..

So what can I say that hasn't already been said.

I love what you have done with the fanart.
The views are great, especially those which use Library for info, and photos.
Contextual Menus look spot on.
I like the tweening, and think atm the timings are fine, that may change with more use and novelty factor runs out. But for the moment their peachy.
The skin is professional, not gimmicky, easy to use yet feature packed.

I have only tried this on my HTPC (Yes... I am now the proud owner of a HTPC..!) Big Grin
and have yet to setup a remote, however I notice that some of the screens are extremely mouse friendly with scroll bars etc. But other screens (main menu) the mouse will send the screen into continueous scroll, other screens need keyboard input to get elements / options to work. But your skin is not alone in this element, I think the only skin that is truly mouse friendly is PMIII. I know this isn't a priority as most htpc users will want to get a ir controller set up anyway, as will I in due course.

Other than that as a HTPC user I would like to be able to remove some options from the main menu (such as apps) which no longer apply, well at least untill exe's are implemented.

That said the Team Deserve, a Good Nights rest, Night Out whatever floats the boat for a real sucessful endevour that could change the way that one man band skin developers think about creating skins.

Don't hold ideas to yourself... If you have skin ideas form a team, there is safty in numbers. True the glory won't all be yours, but the end result is something that the comunity is more likely to salivate over.

Damn too much rum..... Rambling now...

GREAT WORK
Smile I belive i read that there might be an option to have the blade more to the left...
if so wold it be possible to have the weather screen display in the right without opening a new viewHuh
Would it be of interest to make more home screen menu items, like "child movies", "child tv shows" "clips", "adult"
this seams like the best team yet... Smile
Hey Broads great to hear from you. Just picked up on one thing you said about removing Apps from the Home Menu. You can do that by going into the System Sub Blade and bring up skin settings. You can enable / disable any unnecessary Menu Items.

e.g. if you use library mode disable the Videos Menu and just use Movies and TV Shows or Visa Versa for non library users.

D
Peaches Wrote:if this skin was a girl, i would tap it.
Now these are the type of comments I appreciate Big Grin
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on putting together a great looking skin

I don't have lots of time to play around with it and fully test it until next week but from what i saw looks very profesional yet simple and nice.

only thing that i personally would like to see (maybe i missed the view in which case sorry) is a "wall" view like aeon has since that is personally my favorite view for movies as i have more then the average person Wink
The skin looks great. I particularly like the "Media Preview" view under movies. Wow...fantastic job.

I have read all the posts of this subforum and agree with some of the comments.

1 - The home screen blade does kill some of the dramatic impact of the b/grounds. Instead of pulling it to the left side of the screen like has been commented I'd like to see it fully to the right - with the dark overlay lessened on the left to allow more background to come through. Or...perhaps the option to switch to a horizontal menu panel along the bottom. Love the selection zoom-outs!

2 - I think I read somewhere the "Media" view in TV episodes isn't showing. I find this as well - could have already beed fixed. I'd like to see this view with the option of using the same epsiode-image aspect ratio as the other views (instead of poster size)

Finally, as the post said above me, I'd like to see a "Wall view". Having a large collection makes this view a must. I'd like to see one that exposes the movie info when you pause on the cover (adjustable time to appear).

With such a view, I can already see I'll be making the shift the this skin. Excellent job team!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
looks nice... like the feature set and the flow.

A few items I'd like to have options for...

a) ability to move the menu bar far left... while it is cool, it blocks the background so much it becomes pointless to have a BG

b) the clock is very small, difficult to see

c) Home screen weather Smile

d) ability to completely hide Settings on the menu bar

e) All screen menus on the left side of the screen (Pictures already has this)... humans naturally look left to right if they read left to right... yes, there are several published studies on this Wink

otherwise very polished!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Suggestions really belong in the Bugs and Suggestions thread but I'm on a roll so what the hell!

KidKiwi Wrote:1 - The home screen blade does kill some of the dramatic impact of the b/grounds. Instead of pulling it to the left side of the screen like has been commented I'd like to see it fully to the right - with the dark overlay lessened on the left to allow more background to come through. Or...perhaps the option to switch to a horizontal menu panel along the bottom. Love the selection zoom-outs!

Not sure that moving the blade to the right is going to be practical as the sub-menus all slide out to the right?

KidKiwi Wrote:2 - I think I read somewhere the "Media" view in TV episodes isn't showing. I find this as well - could have already beed fixed. I'd like to see this view with the option of using the same epsiode-image aspect ratio as the other views (instead of poster size)

Media Preview and Showcase views are for Movies in the library mode only at the moment. If you see them initially it is because the id for that view is the same as the id for the view you were using in a previous skin

KidKiwi Wrote:Finally, as the post said above me, I'd like to see a "Wall view". Having a large collection makes this view a must. I'd like to see one that exposes the movie info when you pause on the cover (adjustable time to appear).

Wall view and coverflow view are views that are suggestions on our bug tracker and will be dealt with when we can.

Livin Wrote:a) ability to move the menu bar far left... while it is cool, it blocks the background so much it becomes pointless to have a BG
The background as such is pointless (no matter how much of it is visible)other than a bit of eye candy, the menu is far more useful I think. It has been requested a few times and we've already said we'll add an option for this

Livin Wrote:b) the clock is very small, difficult to see
What do other users think?

Livin Wrote:c) Home screen weather Smile
Added to our bug/suggestions tracker

Livin Wrote:d) ability to completely hide Settings on the menu bar
If you changed your mind it would be pretty difficult to get back to settings to change it back?

Livin Wrote:e) All screen menus on the left side of the screen (Pictures already has this)... humans naturally look left to right if they read left to right... yes, there are several published studies on this Wink

Most screen menus are in relation to the media on screen which forms the left part of your view and then the menu on the right so in essence you are moving from left to right (if you have menus on the left then you are moving focus from right to left and then reading left to right within it)
LOVE THIS SKIN!!

what's that little blue circle icon that shows up on top of the covers?

does it have any function? (ie. watched/not watched?)

is there a way to remove it?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream - ::The wait is over::4