• 32(current)
Bugs and Suggestions
That all depends on how you setup your options. There are 3 or 4 different looks for the Media Preview depending on how you setup your options so you should be able to get it looking how you like it again
Like this for the Shows where posters/DVD covers would fit perfectly -

And this for episodes but with the frame rotated 90° to fit the episode thumbs -

skunkm0nkee Wrote:That all depends on how you setup your options. There are 3 or 4 different looks for the Media Preview depending on how you setup your options so you should be able to get it looking how you like it again

Really? I must be blind.
Question 
I can't tell you how much I'm loving this skin!!
(using it on a standard XBOX btw)

I have 2 issues with it tho...

1) Sometimes when clicking "Scan for new content" on a TV show it finds nothing (although I know there are new shows there) - doing this in other skins works fine.

2) Newly added TV shows in Library mode won't play.
no idea why tho - when switching to Files mode they play fine.

Any idea why? Memory issue maybe? (I'm using FanArt in the TV Shows backgrounds)
Almost certainly related to memory. If you switch off the fanart and try that it should work. I'm currently thinking about how I can cut the lite version of the theme down even further to make sure there are no memory issues when using fanart on xbox but it's tough (the only option may be to remove the default backgrounds from a theme or just reduce the number of them)
Hitcher Wrote:Like this for the Shows where posters/DVD covers would fit perfectly -

And this for episodes but with the frame rotated 90° to fit the episode thumbs -

How many people actually have portrait style tv show or episode thumbs though?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:How many people actually have portrait style tv show or episode thumbs though?

Well TVDB has posters which would look like this -

And rotated for the episodes it would look like this -

Just my personal preference of course but I think it would look fantastic like that. Wink
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Almost certainly related to memory. If you switch off the fanart and try that it should work. I'm currently thinking about how I can cut the lite version of the theme down even further to make sure there are no memory issues when using fanart on xbox but it's tough (the only option may be to remove the default backgrounds from a theme or just reduce the number of them)

But the fanart looks so cool! Here's hoping you find a solution.

Weird that's it's only NEW episodes that don't play.... old ones work everytime. And they work while in Files mode - and that shows the FanArt too...

Is this "lite" version the one included in the T3CH build? Or do I have to turn something on to make it "lite"?
lite theme is the default theme in the T3CH release although for the next release of our skin (next Monday probably) the richer theme will be the default and you'll have to select lite from the options.
Hitcher Wrote:Well TVDB has posters which would look like this -

And rotated for the episodes it would look like this -

Just my personal preference of course but I think it would look fantastic like that. Wink

Yep, I agree it could work but was just wondering how many people would use portrait style images for TV stuff. If there wasn't too many then to make it work properly I would have to write some code to handle landscape style images (which is what I'm currently thinking more people would prefer?)

If the majority want a view in this style but for landscape style images instead of portrait then that's what we'll look at (I wouldn't have thought there was much of a demand for views that handle portrait style images for TV)
But there aren't any landscape sources for TV shows (that know of at least) where as there's plenty of portrait ones - posters/DVD covers, unless you mean banners of course.

On the other hand the episodes will only work in a landscape view.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounds like I'm being selfish wanting my own views - I appreciate all the work made on this skin.
My episode pictures are in landscape format (screenshots) as well, but my show/season pictures are portrait (dvd covers).
Cool. Portrait for TV Shows and Landscape for Episodes makes sense to me
This look is very similar to a view in Aeon for shows and episodes.
Here is screenshots of Aeon that show both episode and show views.

http://www.aeonproject.com/gallery.html
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions3