Dual Monitors (Cloned & Scaled) with nVidia driver???
...i'll wait for a cheaper version which will undoubtedly come from Samsung or some other LCD manufacturer. Once touchscreens become a norm, this will be more attainable. What is nice about this is that it is designed for HTPC use.

The one concern I have is that I have made the switch from PM3 to Aeon as my skin and things like navigating the main menu may be a bit difficult with a touch screen.

I am not quite sure what to do with the one I acquired for $350...
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
I've experimented a bit with this, mostly on windows, but it seems that dual screen support is a non feature of XBMC, unfortunately. I have the Mimo 740 touch, which supports 800x480 resolution and a 1080p TV. My idea was to have the touch work as remote/music control to use primarily as an option to having to switch the TV on when I want to play music or just just browse the various media libraries. What I had hoped for was to have the XBMC use the touch screen as primary interface and, always, have video output being redirected to the TV. Also wanted to be able to use XBMC on the TV, when browsing web or videos but this could be achieved with launcher. But the redirection I couldn't solve.
What I instead ended up using was the http-interface (web) as a remote, in a browser using full screen (F11 in FF, IE) on the touch. This way it (almost) works the way I wanted.

I'm hoping (Nod) for a bit of redesign of the XBMC, so that the dual screen is better supported (including redirection). In the meantime I'm thinking about about redesigning the web-interface to fit the 7" touch better .
vaxjool, I basically do the same thing. I use XBMC Remote for the iPod Touch and control XBMC that way when the projector is off. Works very well. Would have been much happier to have the XBMC interface cloned to my small touchscreen, but it is what it is. I tried using the web interface on my touchscreen and could not stand the interface.

I seriously doubt XBMC will come out with better dual monitor support any time soon, because as I understand it, most of the problems are with the nVidia driver (at least on my system -- not sure how ATI or Intel would handle all this, and don't really care).
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
Hi,

I'm new to XBMC, but I have pretty much the same problem.

What might be an easier way to provide dual monitor support is to use a separate window to render video. Then you could assign that window to the projector and have the UI permanently on the touchscreen. If it already is technically a different window, then it would probably not be difficult to give the user an option as to what monitor they want to display video on. Just a thought from a newb. I guess I'll try playing with the web interface for now though...
U can use some hardware sacler. \:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Monitors (Cloned & Scaled) with nVidia driver???0