• 41(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
Hey okay I got this sorted out: in Windows there is a differnece between the installation folder and the appdata XBMC folder. in order to install launcher one must place the pluggo into the Appdata folder.
However now that I could integrate my emus I have to face another problem. whenever I try to start a Rom directly, it won't work since the Emulator doesn't know the parameters Launcher uses to start it. How can I solve this? I am using Dolphin for gamecube and project 64 for Nintendo 64. If there are alternatives fpr the emus that function well from the start with launcher I would switch to these - just name them!
Well, since no one replies on how to use this thing...

How can I uninstall Firefox again? Its useless if I can't resize or even use it.
Alceste Wrote:Hey okay I got this sorted out: in Windows there is a differnece between the installation folder and the appdata XBMC folder. in order to install launcher one must place the pluggo into the Appdata folder.
However now that I could integrate my emus I have to face another problem. whenever I try to start a Rom directly, it won't work since the Emulator doesn't know the parameters Launcher uses to start it. How can I solve this? I am using Dolphin for gamecube and project 64 for Nintendo 64. If there are alternatives fpr the emus that function well from the start with launcher I would switch to these - just name them!

exactly, ive put it in the programs folder everytime before =D
but know i have the same problem as you have, the emu starts but doesnt start the game automaticly, its just a black blank screen and the rom doesnt load unless i do i manully.
Quote:Now im wondering wot it should say at "APPLICATION ARGUMENTS" ??
Ive tested visualboyadvance, snes9x and epsxe, all detects roms/games, but no game will start. Im just getting error

your getting errors because you need to pass arguments! You need to use args to tell it what to do, like -fs to get full screen -q to disable the emu's GUI and/or -rom to tell it you want to open a game... These are diffrent for each emu, RTFM or hit google to find the right ones for each emu.
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Ok so i am running Ubuntu 9.04 and have installed launcher 1.04 using the following steps...

leo2 Wrote:Installation:
1. unzip the file into Plugins/Program directory.
2. (linux users only): create a symlink for /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 named /usr/lib/libcurl.so (run: "sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so" in terminal)
3. Run XBMC:
3.1. Switch to MC360 Skin (or some other skin that has "Programs" Section)
3.2. Go to Games -> Applications -> Add Source -> Browse -> Program Plugins
3.3. Select Launcher and Click "OK"
3.4. Click OK Again.
3.5. Right Click on "Launcher" Icon
3.6. Choose "Add to Favorites"
3.7. Switch back to PMIII Skin.
3.8. Click on the Arrow in the bottom right corner
3.9. Choose "Launcher"

My question is... When I click Standalone PC executable how do I access the relevant program file I want to launch e.g. Firefox which is in usr/lib/firefox, as I can only browse Home and Profile Data folders?:confused2:

FIX = create a symlink for the file you want to launch in the home folder
zosky Wrote:your getting errors because you need to pass arguments! You need to use args to tell it what to do, like -fs to get full screen -q to disable the emu's GUI and/or -rom to tell it you want to open a game... These are diffrent for each emu, RTFM or hit google to find the right ones for each emu.

if i found the answer in "the fucking manual" i wouldnt ask here, now would i?
i mean yes, the steps in the first tread does get the launcher to work, but there is nothing nowhere on how to actully get games to work right? and cause of that im asking for help OKEY?

and if u dont even know what arguments is and never heard of it its pretty darn difficult to get games to work, and your "google it" doesnt help much either.

"your getting errors because you need to pass arguments" DOOH, like i havnt figured that out.
I want to throw one thing in the mix, too: Launching programs is working perfect, except that every program I launch (e.g. Firefox) is too big for my screen. I understand that this might (?) have something to do with my xorg.conf, but I'm stuck.

Is it possible to define some sort of "viewable area" just like you're able to configure it with XBMC (settings / system / video)?

Thanks a ton for your support!

Edit: I'm using XBMC 9.11 Camelot LIVE (installed to disk), Samsung LE40F86BD plugged (via HDMI) to an Onkyo TX-SR605. (ZOTAC ION-A Board)

xorg.conf
Code:
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "ONK"
    ModelName      "ONK TX-SR605"
    Option         "DPMS"
    Option         "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
    Option "DPI" "100 x 100"
    HorizSync      15-68
    VertRefresh    23-61
    ModeLine       "1920x1080@50p" 148.50 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
    ModeLine       "1920x1080@60p" 148.50 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
    ModeLine       "1920x1080@24p" 74.16 1920 2558 2602 2750 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    Option         "HWCursor" "False"
    #Option "UseEDID" "False"
    #Option "PanelSize" "1920x1080"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1"
    #Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"
    #Option "TwinView" "0"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    Modes       "1920x1080@24p" "1920x1080@50p" "1920x1080@60p"
    #Modes "1920x1080@60" "1920x1080@50" "1920x1080@24"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection
Quote:Edit 2: Okay so I hunted down lists of arguments that can be used:

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/...ine_Parameters - sNES9x

http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/advanced.htm - zSNES

but.... I dont see how these bare any relevance to loading a rom.... Have tried NOGUI / fullscreen arguments just to see if the problem was merely that an argument was needed but no luck....

Edit: Okay okay, I did a bit of searching and it is the arguments, can someone just tell me what they are :S?(51 page is a lot to scroll through).

Okay I'm trying to get the below to work with my XBMC:

HTML Code:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

I can get the programs to show up in XBMC (windows version) under the program tab, no problems there.

Also the roms show up just fine. My problem is running them.... no matter what I do it just loads up the emulator with a blank screen (so I have to manually load the rom). The only way I've figured out how to get round this is to create a bat for each rom.

I.e.

Get launcher to run: "Game1.bat"

Quote:
C:/Emu/SNES/Snes9x.exe "C:/Emu/Rom/Game.smc"
Running the above .bat will run the emulator with the game loaded.

I appreciate it's not hard to make .bat files for each rom it does clutter up the screen because they would all have to be in the "Programs" section not their designated emulator section within the "Programs" section. Also it'd be a ball ache to add each one to XBMC-Launcher as every rom would have to be added as a "Standalone (normal PC executable)."

I'm sure I'm just being an idiot and I'm just missing something. I presume it's the argument bit as I do not know what to put in this field.

Random, most likely relevant and missed information:

XBMC Version: Latest.exe (Nightly build) - Although I doubt this is the issue as I had the same problem on stable builds.
Arguments Used: None
Emulators Tried: Project64, 1964, Snes9x, zSNES, Nestopia (all your usual suspects)

Posted the above with no luck so thought I might try it here.... Seems loads of people have had the issue of just the emulator loading without a game... bit (from what I can see) no definitive answer....
Knottyboy Wrote:Posted the above with no luck so thought I might try it here.... Seems loads of people have had the issue of just the emulator loading without a game... bit (from what I can see) no definitive answer....

ive that problem to, and just like you i found arguments but none for running the roms, so i have to load em myself.

i think it should be in the first tread, wot arguments to use to get this to work with the most common emulators. people gets it to work so it should be to hard to spread the info we noobs need Smile
@Knottyboy, if you got it working with the .bat you may not need args (for this emu)

does your rom or path have <spaces> like "c:/path to file/this game.smc" in that case, the <qoutes> in your .bat are like a work-around because launcher has trouble with <spaces>.

i remember seeing (somewhere in this tread - fairly recent) a post on how to fix that.
i didnt try it, because long before it was posted i renamed all my files with <underscores>

im using most of these too but im in linux so my arg's may not apply to you in windows ? im on a business trip right now. when i get back home next week, i can post my config

@kurojaki, there is no "correct" set of args. it is highly dependant on your system (and sometimes even specific to a game). it aint no cake walk, i know 1st hand. i't took me months to all of them working properly. the fact is you asked what to do with the application arguments line and i explained it. there is no need to take your frustration out on someone try to point you in the right direction (rather polity).

@moonwhaler try -height 1080 -width 1920
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
Okay I downloaded the "edited" version of the launcher for space fixes and it still didn't work so I presumed it was something else.... I replace "space" with an underscore... and hey presto I've proven myself to be an idiot.

Thanks for making me check that twice mate. =/
zosky Wrote:@moonwhaler try -height 1080 -width 1920

Thanks for your suggestion, but that didn't work out. Even if I try to use those parameters, the left-top corner of the Firefox window seems to be "out of sight" (viewable area of my TV screen).

Here's a little photo I took: http://pictures.nordinary.com/20100122_X...HER_FF.jpg
moonwhaler Wrote:Thanks for your suggestion, but that didn't work out. Even if I try to use those parameters, the left-top corner of the Firefox window seems to be "out of sight" (viewable area of my TV screen).

Here's a little photo I took: http://pictures.nordinary.com/20100122_X...HER_FF.jpg

I have the exact same problem, and some friends too. Is it really impossible to get a fool-proof guide here? I'm sure the answer is something like: "yeah welll of course you have had to <insert random incomprehensible linux talk> before or after you installed it".
coendeurloo Wrote:I have the exact same problem, and some friends too. Is it really impossible to get a fool-proof guide here? I'm sure the answer is something like: "yeah welll of course you have had to <insert random incomprehensible linux talk> before or after you installed it".

I'm not a Linux pro by no means, but when it comes to servers I'm pretty sure to kick something off. X11 is another beast, because my world pretty much spins around the console... As I mentioned before, I suppose it could have something to do with the "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" and the settings therein. Tried lots of different configs, modes and other stuff, but it just doesn't want to work out. :confused2:

See my previous post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=489...tcount=607
here's your <random incomprehensible linux talk> seems like this is a pretty common issue

i **think** its because the default implementation of live does not have a window-manager. something like ice or matchbox (as mentioned in that article) manages your windows... xbmc-live is designed to run 1 app therefore it doesnt need one (and has controls built in). the fox depends on a window manager to control its size, (on the other hand, most emu's also have rez controls).

installing a WM should let you manage it & 'maximize' / 'minimize'... but it may be easier to just install ubuntu desktop & run xbmc as an app
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7