• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
I use another way for Linux and max case, instead of checking each OS name, I just check the type and so far it works:
Code:
if os.name=='posix':
    print "Linux or Mac"
else
    print "Windows or XBOX"
Let me try and clear a few things up for you, starting with the easiest...
Quote:What the heck is this empty box for? The blue arrow opens it up but nothing's ever been there. Is that My Favorites list?
Yes, that is what your favorites looks like with the PMIII skin. I don't use that skin, but somehow you can add favorites and they will show up there. That's why the instructions say use the 360 skin. Download and use that skin to add the "Launcher" to your programs. Then switch back to whatever skin you want.

Quote:I did this before and was asked to select 1 or 2 options, they were something like standalone program and file launcher
The two types are "Standalone (normal PC executable)" and "File launcher (e.g. game emulator)" For emulators, select the second choice. You should be prompted to "Select the launcher application" so browse for your emulators .exe on Windows or .xbe on Xbox.

You can leave the first question "Application arguments" blank if you have none. Be sure to answer the second question "files path" and point that to the folder you keep your ROMs in.

The third question "set the files extension" is the extension of all the files sitting in your ROMs folder. I use zsnes and all of my ROMs are in .zip archives which contain .smc files so I enter ".zip" for extension.

Give your newly created "Launch Item" a name like "Super Nintendo" in my case. You need to refresh that directory to see it. Upon entering my "Super Nintendo" folder/launch item, I will be asked to import from the file path... answer YES. It should read in all of your ROMs from the ROM folder you specified earlier.

Quote:I wonder, do I have to set up Launcher repeatedly
No. You set up the launcher once so you can run it easily from the programs/favorites menu. Then you run the "Launcher" plugin and from within Launcher you can add multiple launch items (emulators and such). Then whenever you run Launcher you are greeted with a nice list of all of your emulators, which when selected show nice lists of all your ROMs.

Quote:So apparently the LAUNCHER can't handle spaces.
My emulator, zsnexbox is located here
Code:
E:\Emulators\zsnexbox\default.xbe
no spaces, but many of my ROMs do have spaces
Code:
E:\Emulators\zsnexbox\roms\7th Saga.zip
so I'm pretty sure spaces are okay.
AndaleTheGreat,
The whole process of yours were wrong.
I'm sorry I didn't explain the process so well.

- The Launcher Plugin is capable to run many applications, so there is no need to replicate it and rename it.

- If you already has the Launcher plugin under programs, you do not need to do steps 3.1,3.2.3.3 and 3.4.

- once you have "Launcher" plugin in the Programs section, you can run it or add it to your favorites (using context-menu-> Add to Favorites)

- The first execution of the Plugin forces you to add an application to launch, you can add more applications later using context-menu -> Add new Launcher.
- The Scan of the files is used only on "File Launcher" applications.
you do not need to create a file launcher if you want to launch a single program without any parameters.

- If you'll create a file launcher, the scan process will add all of the files in a specific directory with specific extension to the list of the files that can be run with the launcher.
I'll give an example:
let's say I have an application called "C:\MAME\MAME.EXE" that can launch some games called "puyo.zip", "bobble.zip", etc. in "c:\mame\roms\" folder.
using arguments -joy for joystick control.

1. I'll create a file launcher.
2. Set the application to be "C:\MAME\MAME.EXE"
3. Set the application arguments to be "-joy"
4. Set the file path to be "C:\MAME\ROMS"
5. Set the extension to be "zip"
6. Set the title to be "MAME"

When I'll click on the MAME launcher it will scan C:\MAME\ROMS folder and add all of the files named "*.zip" to the list.
When I'll choose one of the files, for example: puyo.zip from the list, it will launch:
"C:\MAME\MAME.EXE" -joy "C:\MAME\ROMS\puyo.zip"

I hope this explanation is better.
awesome. this is much clearer now. tho i did (thru trials and tribulations) find out all this eventually. It just took awhile.
My only problem I still have is loading ROMs from XBMC if they've got a space, but that could be the emulator not understanding. I will try another emulator
hi!

regarding emulator/rom it maybe would be a nice feature to have the
option to re-scan the rom-directory. So when you add some roms
to an emulator you could easily add them by right-click/re-scan roms
or similar. just an idea - no idea what trouble it would be to implement this.
pm3.hd compatibility would rock too Smile
frostwork Wrote:hi!

regarding emulator/rom it maybe would be a nice feature to have the
option to re-scan the rom-directory. So when you add some roms
to an emulator you could easily add them by right-click/re-scan roms
or similar. just an idea - no idea what trouble it would be to implement this.
pm3.hd compatibility would rock too Smile

already implemented:
Right Click (Context Menu) -> Import files from path
some of my Snes ROMS have the file extension .smc and .zip. Can I use both?
leo2 Wrote:already implemented:
Right Click (Context Menu) -> Import files from path

oh, must have missed that somehow. :o
thanks a lot leo2! please keep up this great plugin! Big Grin
Spc4 Wrote:some of my Snes ROMS have the file extension .smc and .zip. Can I use both?

sorry, only one extension is supported. please open an issue in:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/issues/list
and I'll try to add this ability.
as a workaround - you can create two launchers one for the .smc and one for the .zip
mst3kroqs Wrote:The first time I select the option, BeyondTV executes, works fine, but then when I exit the program, the first time (only) XBMC window restores itself to full screen, but no keyboard input is recognized. It's as if focus is elsewhere. Pressing 'Alt-Tab' once brings focus back to XBMC, and keyboard input is recognized again.
This one is fixed in svn.

mst3kroqs Wrote:The second time I select the option, BeyondTV executes, works fine, but when I exit the program, now XBMC does not restore itself to full screen at all. Basically, I just see the Windows desktop (XBMC is running, but minimized). By pressing 'Alt-Tab', XBMC restores itself to fullscreen and XBMC has focus again.
I got an exception when starting the script again but when I click it away it proceeds. The error message in the debug log spits out some python errors so this issue could be also somewhere in the script or the python implementation.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:This one is fixed in svn.
I got an exception when starting the script again but when I click it away it proceeds. The error message in the debug log spits out some python errors so this issue could be also somewhere in the script or the python implementation.

can you post the debug log please?
WiSo Wrote:This one is fixed in svn.

WiSo (and leo2), thanks very much for your efforts here. In the meantime I developed a very ugly hack using AutoIt which basically runs the TV shell, and then afterwards looks for the XBMC window and brings it forward and gives it focus again. (aggh) Used in conjunction with the 'Wait' function in Launcher, it seems to do the trick quite nicely.

I will be looking forward to being able to get rid of this - and the noob question is whether SVN builds are available for Atlantis or not? If so, I'd be happy to retest, but am not sure I am so motivated/curious as to setup the dev/compile environment. ;^)

Now - in the area of further feature requests, it would be really kewl if Launcher provided the option to completely blank the screen when executing the program - it would get rid of the unsightly dialog box and the momentary view I get of the Windows desktop as the executable loads. It would seem to me that such a 'hook' would exist in the screensaver 'blank' routine ...

-m
leo2 Wrote:can you post the debug log please?

forget it. Now I get other results Wink
I get an exception after -> Scriptresult: Succes
in thread.cpp line 266: m_iLastTime = GetTickCount() * 10000;

Also the call stack doesn't show any unusal.

Weird is that if I click retry it works and shows the following output:
thread start, auto delete: 0
WindowHelper thread started
Python script stopped

Does it mean the first script stops after I started a new thread?
Dunno have to sleep some nigths over it Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
leo2 Wrote:sorry, only one extension is supported. please open an issue in:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/issues/list
and I'll try to add this ability.
as a workaround - you can create two launchers one for the .smc and one for the .zip

Thank you leo2. Thats kind of what I thought. The workaround isnt a problem. If you need more Xbox testers I will ask a few people over at xbox scene to play with your script and test it out. Thanks for the script!
Spc4 Wrote:Thank you leo2. Thats kind of what I thought. The workaround isnt a problem. If you need more Xbox testers I will ask a few people over at xbox scene to play with your script and test it out. Thanks for the script!
you welcome.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7