• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
no, sorry. maybe I'll implement this later, I'm also using it to play media in external player (mplayer)
you'll probably want to try the latest version (rev16) it has some fixes:
1. Import roms is NOT not case sensitive
2. Fixed bug when no thumbnails found.
3. Added an option to rename launcher and rom
4. If no thumbnails found, allow to search another string
Question 
I'm trying to get this plugin working, does anyone have the MediaStrem skin for this plugin??

regards,
Ok What am I doing wrong,

I really want to have a play with this plugin, But I am having some teething problems.

I am running vista64 if it makes any difference, but when I go to add a plugin as a source, the plugin adds launcher fine.

When I click on the launcher Icon It says could not connect to network source.? any Ideas what Im doing wrong?

Thanks.
I've another problem, i can't launch games using this plugin (i've tried with Crysis and Assassin's Creed games). I've added both launchers, but when i try to launch the game, it has problems using DirectX or something like that; it seems that XBMC is using exclusively the graphic resources, so i think that before launching the game this plugin should minimize or release the resources and reload them when the app/game is ended...

NOTE: i've noticed that both games have a command line option, something like -mce that its used to launch the game from Vista Media Center, can i use that parameter with this plugin? what is the purppose of this command line option?

regards,
hy

im a bit stupid i think, have download the launcher and the skin m360. than i copy the directory launcher to /usr/share/xbmc/plugins and to try in /home/user/.xbmc/plugins than i run xbmc and put manual by typing the path, under games->application. but i cant see the launcher "script" to add this to favourits ;(

with search i cant go to /home/user/.xbmc so i must type the path manually.
why cant i see the launcher icon ?

i have xbmc installed under ubuntu 8.10 the svn nr. is 15810

can anybody helps me ? what do i wrong ?

regards

bex
bexbier Wrote:hy

im a bit stupid i think, have download the launcher and the skin m360. than i copy the directory launcher to /usr/share/xbmc/plugins and to try in /home/user/.xbmc/plugins than i run xbmc and put manual by typing the path, under games->application. but i cant see the launcher "script" to add this to favourits ;(

regards

bex

you need to create a folder called programs in your plugins directory and put launcher in there
When I put the plugin in plugins/video it works (when added to video's)
but when i add the plugin to plugins/program, it dousn't work.

I just can't get it to work.

I'm using Atlantis Live Beta 2.

Any body else with this problem?
it works when i add it manualy to fafourites.xml (plugin://video/Launcher).
And what about the DirectX problems? any idea?

regards,
When i launche firefox it freezes and i can't do anything until i manualy killed it.
so i tried some stuff and got firefox working by making an python script to open ratpoison as wel
Quote:#!/usr/bin/python
import os
cmd = '/usr/bin/ratpoison | /usr/bin/firefox'
os.system(cmd)

this works but now i have to kill ratpoison manualy when i close firefox

dous anybody knows another way to open or kill programm?
WiSo Wrote:forget it. Now I get other results Wink
I get an exception after -> Scriptresult: Succes
in thread.cpp line 266: m_iLastTime = GetTickCount() * 10000;

Also the call stack doesn't show any unusal.

Weird is that if I click retry it works and shows the following output:
thread start, auto delete: 0
WindowHelper thread started
Python script stopped

Does it mean the first script stops after I started a new thread?
Dunno have to sleep some nigths over it Rolleyes

Has there been any development on this front? I have the same issue, in that XBMC brings itself back after closing the launched application the first time, but anytime after that, XBMC remains minimized after the application is closed. I'm running build 16105. If this one little bug was corrected, it would do wonders for my HTPC setup.

BTW - Thanks for the incredible development thus far on both this plugin and XBMC in general.
Broads Wrote:Ok What am I doing wrong,

I really want to have a play with this plugin, But I am having some teething problems.

I am running vista64 if it makes any difference, but when I go to add a plugin as a source, the plugin adds launcher fine.

When I click on the launcher Icon It says could not connect to network source.? any Ideas what Im doing wrong?

Thanks.
please post your log file. It will help me understand what is the error.
(you can copy & paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and send the link)
fidoboy Wrote:I've another problem, i can't launch games using this plugin (i've tried with Crysis and Assassin's Creed games). I've added both launchers, but when i try to launch the game, it has problems using DirectX or something like that; it seems that XBMC is using exclusively the graphic resources, so i think that before launching the game this plugin should minimize or release the resources and reload them when the app/game is ended...

NOTE: i've noticed that both games have a command line option, something like -mce that its used to launch the game from Vista Media Center, can i use that parameter with this plugin? what is the purppose of this command line option?

regards,
this is a known issue, I suggest making a batch file that kills xbmc, start the game and restart xbmc after the game is finished.
(in windows you can use taskkill command)
bexbier Wrote:hy

regards

bex
it's not directly under Games->Applications, you should add it by choosing "Add Source" and then to choose "Program Plugins"
Thanks for the hint their Leo, I took a look at the log file myself once I found where it had gone to. Big Grin

Anyway it seems that their was not a thumbnail directory, and I guess when launcher tried to create it, it didnt have permissions. I created the folder manually and now running.

Edit, seems however its not allowed to create thumbnails in there.

btw.. Looks as though things are trying to be created here.
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

When the rest of the user data resides here

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData

Insidently I do actually have a thumbnail directory here. :|

Further notes. when opening firefox it opens behind xbmc and opens firefox to a folder location, not my homepage.

Thanks.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7