• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
dePt Wrote:Running the program as an administrator didn't help me.
How do I edit the launcher_plugin.py file?

- Use an advanced text editor like EditPlus.
- Open the launcher_plugin.py file normally located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.program.launcher\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py if you are under Windows 7.
- Found the 2 lines and replace them by the 2 lines code I have previously post here.

This will be my last help on this only Windows related XBMC Dharma beta bug.
Hi Angelscry,

thank you for working on such a great plugin.... a little off topic. but what emulator do you run for genesis games? I've tried to configure Fusion under Ubuntu 10.04/xbmc/Launcher. But the problem with the Fusion it doesn't seem to want to exit on ESC like most of the other Emulators.

Any In-site would be appreciated...

John
jpreville Wrote:thank you for working on such a great plugin.... a little off topic. but what emulator do you run for genesis games? I've tried to configure Fusion under Ubuntu 10.04/xbmc/Launcher. But the problem with the Fusion it doesn't seem to want to exit on ESC like most of the other Emulators.

I'm using the Gens/Gs emulator. You will found Ubuntu version on the page. And, here is the corresponding part of my launchers.xml file with the rights parameters for fullscreen end exit with ESC key :
Code:
        <name>Megadrive</name>
        <application>/usr/bin/gens</application>
        <args>--fs --quickexit </args>
        <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/roms/</rompath>
        <thumbpath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/covers/</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/fanarts/</fanartpath>
        <romext>bin</romext>
        <platform>Sega Genesis</platform>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/logo.png</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/console.png</fanart>
        <genre>Console / 16-bit / Color</genre>
        <release>1988</release>
        <publisher>Sega</publisher>
        <launcherplot>The Mega Drive is a fourth-generation video game console released by Sega in Japan in 1988 and Europe, Australia and other PAL regions in 1990. The console was released in North America in 1989 under the name Sega Genesis, as Sega was unable to secure legal rights to the Mega Drive name in that region. The Mega Drive was Sega's fifth home console and the successor to the Sega Master System, with which it is electronically compatible.</launcherplot>
        <wait>true</wait>
Thanks Alot AngelsCry!!

That worked like a charm. Only thing that tripped me up. is that i had to force-architecture on installing on ubuntu 64bit....

Thanks again John
For some reason, I'm getting an installation failed notification when I try installing this. I'm running xbmc live dharma beta 4. I tried downloading some of your older versions to test them out. The 2010.11.09 version and all that follow fail to install. All previous versions seem to install and work just fine. Any idea what might be wrong?
timdog82001 Wrote:For some reason, I'm getting an installation failed notification when I try installing this. I'm running xbmc live dharma beta 4. I tried downloading some of your older versions to test them out. The 2010.11.09 version and all that follow fail to install. All previous versions seem to install and work just fine. Any idea what might be wrong?
Without the xbmc crashlog file I cannot really tell you what is going wrong on your config system. I'm not really familiar with the XBMC live version. So, please, could you paste your xbmc_crashlog file on this forum thread (or use pastebin).

Also, have you try to just manually extract and install the plugin.program.launcher.zip file into the addons directory without passing through the XBMC interface?
Rainbow 
Just a quick note saying that I love Launcher. Been using it since the 9.04 days and haven't stopped using it since.

Does development and issue tracking go on through http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/ ? Or is this a new branch for it?
Rob Loach Wrote:Just a quick note saying that I love Launcher. Been using it since the 9.04 days and haven't stopped using it since.

Does development and issue tracking go on through http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/ ? Or is this a new branch for it?
No, and it could be confusing. Actually development and issue tracking on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/ are only related for launcher v.1.10.1.

The last month, after seen my work on the Launcher Panels Views MOD for Alaska.Revisited, zosky as ask me if I want to join the launcher's add-on team to help them with the launcher. So, because the project was inactive for several months I have started on my side to try an modify the addon, host the results of my experiment on my website (using my proper version numbers) and post the information and links here. I have modified the addon to make it fit my expectations of this kind of addon, without consulting any Launcher Addon team members. So, yes, it could be considered as a different branch. Even more, eiriha actually still supporting version 1.10.1 on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/.

I don't know if it could be a good idea and will be well accepted by the XBMC community and the Launcher Addon team that I'll create a totally different branch for the launcher with :
  • a new addon name (something maybe like "Advanced Launcher addon").
  • a new XBMC thread.
  • a new project hosting website.
  • and provide the addon on a dedicated xbmc repository.
It will be surely less confusing for the users, and eiriha and the other Launcher Addon team members will be able to continue to support the original branch of the Launcher Addon.
I'd love to see your launcher branch get in addon repo, no matter how it goes..
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Angelscry Wrote:
  • a new addon name (something maybe like "Advanced Launcher addon").
  • a new XBMC thread.
  • a new project hosting website.
  • and provide the addon on a dedicated xbmc repository.
It will be surely less confusing for the users, and eiriha and the other Launcher Addon team members will be able to continue to support the original branch of the Launcher Addon.

I agree and I do think this deserves a different thread now. It would be nice for you to be able to update the first post incrementally.

If you haven't checked the Games Library thread out already, it might be useful depending on how much you plan on doing.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:It would be nice for you to be able to update the first post incrementally.
Yes, I also think so.
Alright, here is the crash log, this one is from trying to install via Windows.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hc1y9l1e5l73f57

I'll post back with the xbmc live crash log in a bit (I have triple boot with xbmclive, ubuntu, and windows 7 on this computer)

It was the most recent version of your script I was attempting to install.
timdog82001 Wrote:Alright, here is the crash log, this one is from trying to install via Windows.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hc1y9l1e5l73f57

I'll post back with the xbmc live crash log in a bit (I have triple boot with xbmclive, ubuntu, and windows 7 on this computer)

It was the most recent version of your script I was attempting to install.
Please a log file that is not crypted.... No
I'd like to see a separate repro for your mod as well. You could hopefully then get it added to the official addon repro as something like 'Launcher Mod' or 'Launcher Games Mod'. There's an 'Alaska Mod' skin in the repos so having mods is not unprecedented. I love the work you've done so far!
at last i found a reason Big Grin

A reason for lack of internal hdd drives is....DOCTOR HOUSE Wink
Yeah its true Smile i DVD/CD in drive makes this confusing thing. For mi that was doctor house (sezon 2) Big Grin
So if you dont see anything but DVD or external flash drives just check this drive and remove CD or flash card. it could help.

Finally i can look at your work Angelscry and im really impressed. Thank you.

question:
What for is selecting consoletype in launcher?

Sugestion - if someone have huge base of roms ie above 1000 adding is horribly slow. i notice - i just put first 100 then other 100 and other roms and adding to base is much quicker than 300 at once. so a launcher could automatically split a portion of roms to add on parts 100 titles at once, then reload and other 100.

sorry for chaos and poor english.

Ill try to work with amiga in launcher but i think it could force other changes in script Smile

But about this at next time
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7