XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac
As for #1 I saw that http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4462 is open.

Could not find a trac entry on the powermanagement issues though, wasn't there one before?
XBMC has been crashing on startup for me for the past three versions. The splash screen shows, but then I get an exception: ERROR: SQLite: SQL error or missing database.

Here is the full log: http://pastebin.ca/1174929

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried installing to different folder, and no luck.
Delete this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your\Application Data\XBMC\UserData
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome, that fixed it. Nod
Taking Screenshots via the Print Screen Button Seems to be broken in this build, can anybody verify that?

I'll file a Trac as soon as someone does. Smile
Evening all

I have installed atlantis and was using it fine all last night, come to use it today and everytime i try and load it it just crashes out and gives me windows error.

Is there any way i can get error messages out of it that may help, i have been using it fine for a few weeks, i did have the same problem a few weeks ago but a rebuild fixed that, I dont fancy doing that again.

Cheers
the chinese gui interface cannot be shown because a bad string.xml file was installed:

15:54:05 T:1556 M:2147483647 INFO: load language file:C:\Program Files\XBMC\language\Chinese (Simple)\strings.xml
15:54:05 T:1556 M:2147483647 ERROR: C:\Program Files\XBMC\language\Chinese (Simple)\strings.xml Doesn't contain <strings>
Shark: You need to check the resolution hasn't changed as a first step Delete or Move this directory:

Then see if it starts. If it doesn't you need to get a debug log & come back.
DragonFly Wrote:Does anyone else have Gui problems with the AMT script?

Gui shows newest trailers from "View: Media Info" . It shows some trailers along with coverart, just like it used to.

However, after viewing a trailer, the Gui is totally blank. No trailers, no coverart, no entry whatsoever.

Hitting "esc" and returning to the AMT screen brings back things as usual.

WiSo Wrote:Yeah noticed the same but this might be due to an older AMT build. Get the current one from the scripts svn and try again. If it's still there post a bug on trac. nuka will have a look Smile

I am also having the same issue. Plays the first video fine then all the thumbnails disappear.
I'm having a similar problem to MrHenky. The Windows forum had a thread on this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=ati
said it was fixed in a SVN and there were no subsequent issues. But I am still having this problem shown below:

MrHenky Wrote:I have a strange problem watching movies right now. With Atlantis and previous version rev 14676... I don't know how to explain. Just watch the attached image.

I doesn't matter which settings I choose and It doesn't matter which upscaling I use. Beside.. if I use bicubic I don't see anything except something grey.

Greetz
MrHenky

jmarshall Wrote:MrHenky: You have an ATI graphics card that does weird things with the texture units. There's a hack you can place in advancedsettings.xml to fix it - have a quick search of the forums for the exact syntax.

I found this solution for Linux -

glenn Wrote:I've been following this thread for a while, as I am experiencing the same ghosting problems trying to play video in xbmc. I think I've tried the recommended fix with no luck so far:

Clean Ubuntu 8.04 x86 install, all updates
ATI Catalyst 8.6 per EnvyNG
XBMC SVN 14921 per PPA (compiled Aug 15 08)
Added file advancedsettings.xml to usr/share/xbmc/userdata with the following text:
<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

(also tried with '1' instead of 'yes' in advancedsettings.xml file)
Is there something that I need to do with the advancedsettings file or will XBMC automatically look for it?

Using MSI K9AGM2-FIH 690G motherboard, AMD X2 4800+, 2GB RAM

Debug log here: http://pastebin.ca/1176359

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

elupus Wrote:it shouldn't be in in usr/share/xbmc.. it should be in ~/.xbmc/userdata

So for Windows XP - just put in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata?

Thanks a lot. Keep up the great work!
WinterMuteAu Wrote:Shark: You need to check the resolution hasn't changed as a first step Delete or Move this directory:

Then see if it starts. If it doesn't you need to get a debug log & come back.

No nothing has changed, deleted the Userdata dir and also checked the xbmc.log which errored out with unable to find keyboardmap.xml under language\english. Ive checked the Dir and it definatley isnt there. Ive also installed it on my dell laptop and it runs fine, that also doesnt have the keyboardmap.xml but still works

If you need anymore info let me know,

Cheers for the help
My experience:
MCEv2 remote works partly (no 'Stop' key assigned)
MKV 720p drop lots of frames (and audio is out-of-sync) on the following hardware:
Intel E7200
Intel DG45ID (G45 chipset)
Intel X4500HD VGA
2GB Mem@800mhz
XP Prof SP3

I'll stick with Mediaportal for now..
Is there going to be a new build with the event ghost fixes in soon?
Hi there...

@jmarshall
I couldn't find advancesettings.xml but my problem was sold putting the atioglxx_vista_7.4 into the program dir.

@harlekin
Same Problem here

@all
I couldn't find a similar problem but when I'm watching movies via smb shares every video stops playing after app. 10minutes. No matter which filetype. mkv, avi, x264 or xvid, rar packed or unpacked.

Got no time right now but I will test this situation with files stored on my htpc.

Got anyone that problem too?
MrHenky Wrote:Hi there...

@jmarshall
I couldn't find advancesettings.xml but my problem was sold putting the atioglxx_vista_7.4 into the program dir.

@harlekin
Same Problem here

@all
I couldn't find a similar problem but when I'm watching movies via smb shares every video stops playing after app. 10minutes. No matter which filetype. mkv, avi, x264 or xvid, rar packed or unpacked.

Got no time right now but I will test this situation with files stored on my htpc.

Got anyone that problem too?

I have similar problems. after about 10 a 20 minutes playing a movie xbmc stops. I also use a smb share to play the movie files. I experienced this problem also in the 2 previous releases of xbmc.
I use an Dell sx280.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac1