Add/Edit Home Screen
Information 
I remember someone changed one of the home options to Kids and I was wondering how to add a kids section to the home screen or edit one of the current ones and change it to a kids section. Also is it posible to have a seperate library? I would then be able to select the kids section and only see kids movies and tv shows without having to be in file view.
HackerHelpDesk Wrote:I would then be able to select the kids section and only see kids movies and tv shows without having to be in file view.

You may be able to accomplish this with the use of profiles (xbmc feature, not skin feature)

Have a look at xbmc -> Profiles

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I use profiles for this. 2 Things. though:

1) For some reason, when you create a new profile, it doesn't create a thumbnail folder for fanart. You'll have to go make a folder called "fanart" in userdata/profiles/PROFILENAME/thumbnails/video/

2)Auto-updating of the library works on the main profile only, not on the sub-profiles.
So with every different profile there is a different library. That should work great. Thx
Can I get someone to confirm the ability to have separate libraries (even if the only way to do this is to have different profiles)?

I've been asking questions about this sort of thing for a long time, and have always been told XBMC doesn't support more than two libraries total (one for movies, one for TV).
Yes XBMC gives you the option to use seperates databases when you create a new profile, (and yes profiles is the only way to use seperates databases/libraries).

joncgde2 Wrote:I've been asking questions about this sort of thing for a long time, and have always been told XBMC doesn't support more than two libraries total (one for movies, one for TV).
Actually it's one for videos and one for music, and it doesn't under the same profile, that is why you need to use profiles
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You can edit homescrollers.xml and change "Clips" or "Adult" to "Kids" and point it at a share of kids movies. I've never done it but I know it's possible. That way you could have it on the main page with Movies and TV.
I tested with a seperate profile and it worked great and allowed for a second library. I cannot seem to find where to switch profiles in Aeon, i can find it in other skins. Also I would still like to see a kids section added to Aeon's option, similar to what is in place for Adult or Clips.
sickboy719 Wrote:I use profiles for this. 2 Things. though:

1) For some reason, when you create a new profile, it doesn't create a thumbnail folder for fanart. You'll have to go make a folder called "fanart" in userdata/profiles/PROFILENAME/thumbnails/video/

2)Auto-updating of the library works on the main profile only, not on the sub-profiles.
Please report as bugs on trac
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just updated my xbmc tech build last night and noticed that the profiles did not show up. When looking at the xbox over ftp, i see that the profile folders were transfered, but I still had to go in and manually add a profile through the skin, then it told me that it found the folder and asked if i wanted to keep the same options. Anyone else seen this?
joebrady Wrote:I just updated my xbmc tech build last night and noticed that the profiles did not show up. When looking at the xbox over ftp, i see that the profile folders were transfered, but I still had to go in and manually add a profile through the skin, then it told me that it found the folder and asked if i wanted to keep the same options. Anyone else seen this?
Next time you upgrade, copy over your profiles.xml.
you deleted system/profiles.xml
ah, thank you! Could this not be incorporated into the UserData folder?
no. as it allows you to change the location of the userdata folder - chicken and egg and all that
Did not know you could change the location of UserData, I'll have to look into that....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add/Edit Home Screen0