Anyone else having probs with the library on XBMC for OSX
Hey all,

I am using XBMC for OSX for quite a while, but just recently started to use the library function building off pre-made NFO and thumbs. So far, everything works very well. The only prob is that the only way to "clean" the library is to delete the "MyVideos34.db". It doesnt work to just ask within XBMC to selecte "clean library" as it states and confirms that it cleans it, but nothing changes therafter. Any thoughts? Could it be the size of the "MyVideos34.db", which almost reaches 4mb?

Any help is highly appreciated. Cheers!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
What is it you want to accomplice via "Clean Library"?
According to the wiki it should do the following:
Clean Library...
This funtion will perform a number of 'cleanup' tasks on your video database and can be run if you have moved, deleted or renamed files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Library
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What is it you want to accomplice via "Clean Library"?
According to the wiki it should do the following:
Clean Library...
This funtion will perform a number of 'cleanup' tasks on your video database and can be run if you have moved, deleted or renamed files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Library

Thanks. That is what I am trying to do. Two examples, what I am trying to accomplish (and dont get it to work)...

1) Initially selected "prefer poster thumb" for my tv episodes. Deselected it now and would it to rescan new thumbs (now as banners and not posters). but cleaning the libary doesnt help here?

2) Changes some of the nfo-files and would xbmc to pick up this updated information...
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Don't think Clean will help you in either of these cases.

Don't think there is a easy fix for the former, probably you have to delete the thumbs manually from cache.
Update library may fix the latter. refresh info on each item will definately update the db.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Don't think Clean will help you in either of these cases.

Don't think there is a easy fix for the former, probably you have to delete the thumbs manually from cache.
Update library may fix the latter. refresh info on each item will definately update the db.

Thanks again for the quick reply. I have now deleted all thumbs and the database file. This way I can get the library back to the way I like it.

Would it help if I also create nfo- and tbn-files for my tv episodes. when i later change them, would xbmc change the database and thumbs automatically? I have over 400 videos and that makes my life more complicated when updating one by one.

Cheers!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else having probs with the library on XBMC for OSX0