No Internet When XBMC Is Autostarted
I'm having trouble getting XBMC connect to my network. I dragged the XBMC shortcut into my Startup folder in the Start Menu. So once I restart Windows, it will automatically open up and start. However, it doesn't seem to recognize my wireless connection, so in order to reach any of the network shares I have setup, I have to exit XBMC and start it up again.

Wireless works though, because if I minimize XBMC and open Firefox, I can browse to websites. Once I switch back to XBMC, it can't connect to anything, and it requires me to restart XBMC.

Is there a workaround for this or something that I'm doing wrong?
Not sure on that one, unless it takes your wireless a little while to connect. I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) xbmc checks for net connection at startup, and takes a min or two to refresh. Also, the windows version can attempt to connect to the wrong network under network settings. So check you have no other active network connections (hopefully disavling them will work) or check xbmc's network status after its been on for a min or two.
You could try a delayed startup and have XBMC start up like 2 mins after the fact.

http://betterthaneveryone.com/archive/20...artup.aspx
Yeah I think the reason why is because it takes a little while for my internet to start up. I tried to set the network settings in XBMC, but it's not letting me type in my security info (password and SSID). I'll try to let it set for a few minutes and let it refresh, since that might be the problem. If it is, then I'll try that delayed start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Internet When XBMC Is Autostarted0