Is FanArt for folders possible?
Question 
Hi, I just discovered Aeon and installed it with the backdrops from aeonproject.com. It looks great, but after hours of searching through xbmc forums, Google and the Aeon readme, I can't for the life of me see if there's a way to have one backdrop for every TV show folder I have.

What I'm trying to do is have the backdrop change to a relevant picture of the TV show folder I'm looking at. So if I move to the Battlestar Galactica folder, then a Galactica fanart/backdrop would appear in the background. I see that you can have individual fanart for single movie files, but what about TV show folders? Is it even possible, or am I misunderstanding Aeon's capabilities?

In the readme for Aeon it says something about scanning thetvdb for TV show fanart, but you have to be in Library mode. But when I try Library mode it says "No scanned information..." Is this the root of the problem? I've only ever used Library mode for music, which is easy, I just tell my Xbox to scan the iTunes library on my iMac. But I can only find the option "Manually Scan to Library" in Video mode. If scanning to the Library is the solution, isn't there a way to just scan my entire folder of videos, rather than manually scanning every file individuallyHuh

Thanks for your time!Big Grin

PS Fanart has to be stored locally. Does that mean actually on my Xbox, or will my Mac (which is where I get most of my media from) do?
Fanart only works in library mode.
Search the wiki to find out how to configure it.

And it does exactly what you're talking about.
There should be an option to "Set Content" for the root of your media folder. Which would scan everything in it.
Name it 'fanart.jpg' and place it in the TV folder.

AEON fanart works in Files mode as well as Library.
Smile 
Thanks very much for the quick replies!Laugh

I got some fanart into Aeon running now, and the set content option works well. I'd never bothered with the library mode in videos before because files mode worked perfectly for what I wanted in previous skins like MC360.

Bit hard findng/making fanart for all my TV shows, though. Some are quite old or obscure and I can't find any decent pictures to make fanart with, such as Hercules - The Legendary Journeys or The Kevin Bishop Show.

Now I just have to figure out why Aeon keeps freezing up when I move to two particular folders in my TV directory... Huh Rolleyes I love Aeon - it looks fantastic - but performance is real flakey Sad
Fanart works in File-mode too. You do have to get one of the latest SVN-releases. After 12-8, but could be earlier. You also need to rescan.
Remember to share your fanart you create for others (i.e. upload it to thetvdb.com).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Smile 
I'd be happy to share when I've made some - but don't expect much! I only dabble in Photoshop, and as I said, for the old shows, the paucity of source material will probably mean lower res fanart than the high standards of the stuff you can get elsewhere. But I'll do my best! Laugh
Revolva Wrote:Thanks very much for the quick replies!Laugh
Now I just have to figure out why Aeon keeps freezing up when I move to two particular folders in my TV directory... Huh Rolleyes I love Aeon - it looks fantastic - but performance is real flakey Sad

You aren't using Aeon on an xbox, are you? If so, I recommend getting the Aeon Lite mod...really helps with performance. Also, make sure you're not using images over 720p. It kills for memory.

Revolva Wrote:Bit hard findng/making fanart for all my TV shows, though. Some are quite old or obscure and I can't find any decent pictures to make fanart with, such as Hercules - The Legendary Journeys or The Kevin Bishop Show.

What else do you need fanart for? I'm pretty good at finding images for older media. ;D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is FanArt for folders possible?0