XBMC as Frotnend (wirth HD?) for MythTV
Im interested in make this scenario:
XBMC based mediacenter is using linux box (directly connected via LAN) with MythTV to play and record TV. Im strongly interested in playing HD content - it is possible with XBMC and MythTV?
Playing, yes - you can add a myth:// URL that connects to your backend. Recording: Not as yet - there's a GSoC project that's looking in to that (as well as EPG and so on and so forth).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

H.264 content will be diplayed correctly?
It will, though it will depend on the type of h264 (there are some of the more exotic options used by some broadcasters that our version of ffmpeg may not support fully.)

Oh, and welcome to the forums Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How up to date is the ffmpeg source which is included with xbmc? Reason I ask is, it is my understanding that in recent ffmpeg-svn builds thay have fixed and/or added many new features to their h264 implementation. I am about to try a new build of Myth which implements that latest ffmpeg libraries to see how the performance is(when i get home from work that is). Some of the broadcasters which I currently record from use PAFF interlacing which is one of the exotic types I assume, much to my chagrin as I prefer good ol mpeg2 and then I do as I please to it after recording.

Thanks,

Kevin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as Frotnend (wirth HD?) for MythTV0