Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops
Excellent site with some great content! Well done.
Playing with the API... can any XML heads out there confirm this would be a decent end point for imdb id's?

http://posters.consumeroo.com/api.rhtml?imdb=tt1185834
travisbell Wrote:Playing with the API... can any XML heads out there confirm this would be a decent end point for imdb id's?

http://posters.consumeroo.com/api.rhtml?imdb=tt1185834

Sent you another PM. Smile
Hey man,

Replied. Big Grin
Alright guys, the final step before merging with moviebackdrops.com has been completed.

1) New and final domain name. www.meligrove.com All requests to posters.consumeroo.com are being redirected there. This will be the permnent home of my project.

2) Re-factored almost _everything_ to account for the addition of Music backdrops. This section is not complete yet but atleast I can work on it now Wink

3) New uploader properly resizes images and creates thumbnails which will be used for the API once complete.

4) Made a rather useful page of the current top box office movies. This should help entice some of Meligrove's users to contribute to movie-xml.com

5) Added a forum. This is small area, specifically targeted towards poster requests and questions about the project.

6) Fixed the UTF-8 character display issue. Foreign characters now display correctly.

I think that about covers it... have fun!
Cool stuff! The site looks great, thanks a lot for your efforts, it's much appreciated Smile
I'm really liking this site. I'll have a few images to upload in a bit.

One request - is it possible to have the search results show whether any images exist? It's a little annoying when I search on a movie, see the results, click on the link only to see the "Movie poster not found" message. For the (dwindling) list of movies that don't have images yet, I'd like to know that right after the search results come up instead of having to click again. Not a big deal for one movie, but it adds up when rechecking the couple dozen movies that I'm still image-less for...
pantherman007 Wrote:I'm really liking this site. I'll have a few images to upload in a bit.

One request - is it possible to have the search results show whether any images exist? It's a little annoying when I search on a movie, see the results, click on the link only to see the "Movie poster not found" message. For the (dwindling) list of movies that don't have images yet, I'd like to know that right after the search results come up instead of having to click again. Not a big deal for one movie, but it adds up when rechecking the couple dozen movies that I'm still image-less for...

Great idea, never thought about it, request added.
travis amazing job on the site. Thanks alot for your hard work keep it up
Update:

Music has been "soft launched". What I mean by that is, artists are completely searchable right now but I do not have uploads enabled. Just making sure the caching system and display is working properly for everyone before we go crazy with adding new art.

Here's an example:

http://www.meligrove.com/artist?name=Radiohead

Cheers guys,
Wow! The site looks amazing! I am already getting together music fanart for all my favorite metel, punk, and psychobilly bands for when the music section is done. The only suggestion I have, and I am pretty sure it was mentioned elsewhere, is an easier way to get to the forums. Cheers m8.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:The only suggestion I have, and I am pretty sure it was mentioned elsewhere, is an easier way to get to the forums. Cheers m8.

Fair suggestion. I'll see if I can figure a way to link them up top.
One more request. For music I would love to see band logos. The name or band symbol in the bands colors using the bands fonts etc. these images would be saved at a preset size. Perhaps 500x500 and depending on the shape of the logo it would have to fill this space either vertically or horizontally and the rest of the image would be transparent (probably would have to be .png's).

I requested something like this for tvshows at thetvdb.com. Here are a few examples of what the band logos could be used for if we could get them scraped and added to the skinning engine.

As you can see in these screenshots, I have placed the band logo in the top right corner. With the logo there is no need to have artistname. However, if no band logo is available it would be easy to have it default to show text of the artistname.

You can see then that, from a skinning standpoint, manipulating the position/size of the band logo adds a lot of possibilities for the creative skinner to utilize.

These are just a few examples to illustrate what I am proposing. To actually make it happen we would need support from you and your site and from team xbmc. Anyone interested?
hey rand... thats a wicked idea... see ur a rocker dude... pretty cool... nyways... is music fanart even supported on XBMC yetHuh

Rand Al Thor Wrote:One more request. For music I would love to see band logos. The name or band symbol in the bands colors using the bands fonts etc. these images would be saved at a preset size. Perhaps 500x500 and depending on the shape of the logo it would have to fill this space either vertically or horizontally and the rest of the image would be transparent (probably would have to be .png's).

I requested something like this for tvshows at thetvdb.com. Here are a few examples of what the band logos could be used for if we could get them scraped and added to the skinning engine.

As you can see in these screenshots, I have placed the band logo in the top right corner. With the logo there is no need to have artistname. However, if no band logo is available it would be easy to have it default to show text of the artistname.

You can see then that, from a skinning standpoint, manipulating the position/size of the band logo adds a lot of possibilities for the creative skinner to utilize.

These are just a few examples to illustrate what I am proposing. To actually make it happen we would need support from you and your site and from team xbmc. Anyone interested?
Dumb question, but do I need to download manually all the posters I want? Is there any way to get them within xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops2