Files as the default view in movies.
How do i accomplish that?
I have a lot of movies that are not on imdb so I need to be on files view but every time i go to movies it switches back to library view.
Use the Videos option instead (that's the files entry point whereas Movies and TV Shows are library entry points)
if you never use library, you could also mod home.xml to go straight into a movies folder in files view
Thanks for the replies.Well let me explain my problem better.
I get movies that are not on IMDB for example a lot of arabic movies.So they are not added to the library.
But at the same time I would like to see the fanart for the other movies.
How do I accomplish that?
I'm under the impression fanart is a library thing, so you will have to use Library mode. To overcome your original problem, therefore, you will need to manually add the Arabic films to the library, either by selecting (in Files mode) "Manually Add to Library", or by setting up NFO files for the unrecognised films a la the information here.
Needs a definitive answer; see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36372
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
this is just a guess. i'd need to do some verification. but i think fanart was intended to be limited to library view. (admittedly, it doesnt have to be.) then if you scan, the fanart gets cached. now, after scanning, if the fanart shows up in files view, its a bleed over effect because the image is already cached, and the routines which look for cached images are finding it. and from looking at the code, even folders could support fanart backdrops.

i'll look into this sometime tonight. (for me, thats like 8 hours from now.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
and the final answer is.... yes. videos files mode will display fanart. but the skin needs to be updated to display it. the details are in the above referenced thread.
kraqh3d Wrote:and the final answer is.... yes. videos files mode will display fanart. but the skin needs to be updated to display it. the details are in the above referenced thread.

I've updated the code so that the next release should show fanart in files mode
manturafs Wrote:if you never use library, you could also mod home.xml to go straight into a movies folder in files view

Is there anywhere I can go to learrn how to do this? I'd love to seperate out TV and Film but as I have my TV on a share drive I can't really use the library mode.
It shouldn't matter where the media is located as the library itself is still stored with your XBMC install (in your userdata folder)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files as the default view in movies.0