YANG - Yet Another Nfo Generator (Very Basic)
Thumbs Up 
Hi,
I knocked up a little app to assist with 2 distinct problems:

1. A friend wanted an easy way to get his home movies into the video library.
2. My file/folder structure for music videos wouldn't work in the Library.

So I created a basic app to solve those 2 problems, and thought I'd share it in case anyone else finds a use for it. Obviously this is no XBMC Media Companion. It is just a tool to easily and quickly get video files into the Library that cannot be scraped from websites.

Select a directory, check whether you want to do a recursive search or not.
Then there's basically 2 modes:

1. Movies

This will create a basic nfo, with just the <title> (taken from filename) and the <genre> (which the user inputs in the textbox). So, you could have 'Home Movies' as the genre, and the title just as the filename. All your home movies will show up under the genre 'Home Movies' in the Library.

Similarly, you can do the same thing for documentaries, music concerts etc.

2. Music Videos

My music vids layout of:
Artist\
----->Song.avi

wouldn't work with the scraper, so I added this in. There's 2 modes.
1. Take the artist name from the parent folder.
2. Take the artist name from the filename (In this mode, artist is grabbed from the string before a dash '-', and song from after i.e. Artist - Song.avi)

Both of these modes will create basic nfo's containing only Artist and Title values.

As mentioned, this tool is intended to quickly create basic nfo's for video's that cannot be scraped. If you want additional info in the nfo, at least this will cut out some of the work. If anyone actually uses it and has an issue, or has a suggestion for something that can be added, I'll look into it. Otherwise it will stay as is, because it's fulfilled it's purpose for me.

Download
Cool app
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This is a cool little program. Do you plan to add TV Show support? Here's my problem. I like to download my local news podcasts and watch them, however currently I've been just been manually creating NFOs for them. The nfos are pretty basic, most of them look something like this...

Quote:<episodedetails>
<title>Friday January 23rd 2009</title>
<season></season>
<episode>23</episode>
<plot>Friday January 23rd 2009</plot>
<watched>false</watched>
<credits>Writer</credits>
<director>Global TV BC</director>
<aired>2009-01-23</aired>
<thumb>http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/features/podcast/images/gbcnhpod300.jpg</thumb>
</episodedetails>

I was also wondering if anyone was aware of a mass nfo creator program. I'd like to just generate a whole months worth of .nfo files ... "January 1st 2009.nfo" - January 31st 2009.nfo" etc etc... and then I just have to download the .flv podcast everyday into the folder. With the nfo files being there, then my show will be good to go and show up in XBMC.
Very cool stuff

If your interested, MIP source is up on source forge and has all the tv show data organized into main xml classes and tvcollection.vb - should be easy to incorporate into other applications, it's open source under the GPL, way easier then starting from scratch Big Grin .. feed it the tv show name and pick where it's going, the configuration class in located in maincollection.vb as well. I can help if there's any questions with it
i'd like to see such a thing for tv-shows, too.. that way one could add his homebrew "episodes" of anything he filmed and put it up in library.
cheers,azido :;):
+1 for for tv-shows..that would be awesome Smile

Zeltak
azido Wrote:i'd like to see such a thing for tv-shows, too.. that way one could add his homebrew "episodes" of anything he filmed and put it up in library.

i found a cool way to add anything as a tv-show to the library:

1. name all the homebrew movies to something useful, i e
S01E01-My_Last_Holiday.avi

2. use your app to create the movie-nfos for all the videos in that directory automatically

3. put a valid tvshow.nfo into that dir (with a unique id)

scan that dir as it would be a tv-show - xbmc reads all the nfos and lists all videos as episodes of your fake tv-show.

Wink

you can even get "valid" tv-show nfo files when you afterwards export your video database and choose seperate files so they get written into your dir again.

one thing though: when doing this, for some reason xbmc changes <episode> and <season> to -1 instead of the correct numbering. manually editing them again fixes this.
cheers,azido :;):
Is this one .net? I'm dying for one that can run under (dar)wine...
Sorry, dumb question!
azido

Can you give an example of a "valid" tvshow.nfo xml?

thx

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:azido

Can you give an example of a "valid" tvshow.nfo xml?

thx

Zeltak

There are good examples of nfo files here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files

I named my movie files S01E01-filename1, S01E02-filename2, etc. and put them into a folder.
Then ran Yang to generate the movie nfo files (nfo files with the same exact name of the movie file). After Yang created the nfo files, I went in and
edited them with Notepad to suit my taste.
I then created the tvshow.nfo file in a text editor (Notepad) and dropped it
into the folder of the above movies.

Mine was like: Seinfeld/ Season 1/ movie files. The tvshow.nfo went into the Seinfeld folder. The individual movie nfo files go into the Season 1 folder with all the movies for that show.

Then I updated the TV library through XBMC, it picked up the shows and it all worked out.

Hope this helps
snoxbox Wrote:Hi,
I knocked up a little app to assist with 2 distinct problems:

1. A friend wanted an easy way to get his home movies into the video library.
2. My file/folder structure for music videos wouldn't work in the Library.

So I created a basic app to solve those 2 problems, and thought I'd share it in case anyone else finds a use for it. Obviously this is no XBMC Media Companion. It is just a tool to easily and quickly get video files into the Library that cannot be scraped from websites.

Select a directory, check whether you want to do a recursive search or not.
Then there's basically 2 modes:

1. Movies

This will create a basic nfo, with just the <title> (taken from filename) and the <genre> (which the user inputs in the textbox). So, you could have 'Home Movies' as the genre, and the title just as the filename. All your home movies will show up under the genre 'Home Movies' in the Library.

Similarly, you can do the same thing for documentaries, music concerts etc.

2. Music Videos

My music vids layout of:
Artist\
----->Song.avi

wouldn't work with the scraper, so I added this in. There's 2 modes.
1. Take the artist name from the parent folder.
2. Take the artist name from the filename (In this mode, artist is grabbed from the string before a dash '-', and song from after i.e. Artist - Song.avi)

Both of these modes will create basic nfo's containing only Artist and Title values.

As mentioned, this tool is intended to quickly create basic nfo's for video's that cannot be scraped. If you want additional info in the nfo, at least this will cut out some of the work. If anyone actually uses it and has an issue, or has a suggestion for something that can be added, I'll look into it. Otherwise it will stay as is, because it's fulfilled it's purpose for me.

Download

Do you think it would be possible to compile this for linux? I think this is a very convenient tool and since my conversion over to linux, it would be very handy...

Thanks for the great tool!

I am getting a friend to make something similar, but within the nfo, it would only contain an IMDB link for the particular media file. Whether this is actually possible is questionable, but worth a try I guess...
Could You Please Add .FLV Support?
I searched up and down for a simple way to scrape the Music Video Collection to generate the .nfo for the video. YANG seems to be a simplest and close fulfill the NFO file for the Music Video category. Music Video is not especially strong in support so there isn't much tools to create nfo. Will you please expanding your current YANG to support more tags?

My current Music Video are mostly in MKV or VOB format. It is structured mostly as

Album Title/
--> Album Track - Singer - Song Title.ext

Under the Album Title/, there can be a filename template to describe the structure of filename. For the format above, the template would be

%album% - %singer% - %song%.tksns

where .tksns is the extension for the filename template.

I am not very good a programming. Will you able to help to allow XBMC NFO tools being more comprehensive? Thank you very much.
Chapiosh Wrote:Could You Please Add .FLV Support?

This nfo generator is very easy to use. the way I got around .vob and .flv file types was to use DDVideo AVI/MPEG Video Converter Gain to convert them all to same file format.

the best part of the tool, was that it normlizes the volume and audio type. I have a VERY lare collection of music videos and they were all differet types; some had ac3 while others were mp3 for audio. this meant that my reciever was changing all the time for different audio formats and volume would go up and down, making me jump for the remote to lower the volume at times.

the other good thing is that ddvideo coverted all to same screen output, so now all files show as 16x9 and are same resolution. For videos that were not 16x9, the conversion was good, they dont look streached. i used the HD version of the tool as most of my videos were .vob or better. but some were low resolution and obviously DDVideo can't make them higher resolution. Files sizes went up on those music videos but small price to pay to have entire collection same video codec, resoltion, 16x9, same audio level and format!!

once all have same volume level and file format, then runing the nfo creator was a snap.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core2 Quad 2.33 ghz, 4 gig ram, 15TB unRaid Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YANG - Yet Another Nfo Generator (Very Basic)1