Progress Dialogs
Is it possible for you to add progress dialogs when fetching data, its there in some cases but not in others e.g. When Searching for a New Thumb in TVSeries/Movies.

If its bug, then I will add it to bug system...otherwise its a much needed enhancement because it looks like the system has hung.

Cheers
Damien
Yeah - we are aware of this issue, but I don't believe it's trac'd, so if you could trac it that would be great. I consider any hangs where they could be avoided to be bugs.

Thanks!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Also, any lenghy processes such as getting thumbs should be in a worker thread..otherwise the OS (Vista in my case) marks the app as not responding.

On my machine if i try to "Get Thumbs" for a movie it is taking a very long time (muyltiple mins) to get all the thumbs.

I am a C# developer and have been looking at the XBMC code for the last few days with the intent to eventually help...but as with any new project there is a lot to learn before i can help much.
Yes - if it's progressbar'd then it'd have to be threaded (else it isn't cancellable).

The plan is to simply make the thumbloader handle it so that the filebrowser pops up immediately with the choices, and the thumbloader then loads the thumbs in (in the background, ofcourse) as they come down.

Cam73: Sounds great - feel free to ask any questions you may have about the code.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can be tracked here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4672
nice this is a much needed improvment ! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Progress Dialogs0