libcurl does not load when asked to play a stream via python?
Question 
Hello,

Have been playing with xbmc for windows and trying to get my plugin stream urls to run.

They are fine and perfectly scraped. They should run when clicked.

Code:
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   DEBUG: NativeDllLoader: Loading: C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\libcurl.dll
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   ERROR: NativeDllLoader: Unable to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\libcurl.dll
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   DEBUG: NativeDllLoader: Loading: C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\libcurl.dll
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   ERROR: NativeDllLoader: Unable to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\libcurl.dll
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0012DDC8) http://v1.stagevu.com/vlink/a0e0acf679a699c6869ce6b79c55258e.avi
15:45:14 T:1956 M:1011871744   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

That is all that occurs.

Not too familiar with Xbmc for windows.

Libcurl.dll is there and appears fine, networking is fine.
I've noticed that on a clean (XP) install the windows\system32 folder does not contain the "msvcr71.dll" and the "msvcp71.dll"

The "libcurl.dll" has, among others, these two libraries as dependencies. Copying these two to system32 solved the issue for the AMT script. (script initially worked, fetched all trailers but wouldn’t play any)

When no scripts are used XBMC doesn’t have any dependencies other than a "normal" windows install.
Not sure if the latest XBMC still need those libraries since it was build with visual studio 2008 which needs then msvcp9?.dll.
All libraries are build with vs 2003 and need the 71 versions but we mapped them internally so the real libraries shouldn't be needed anymore (even they're mentioned in the logfile).
Let me now if placing those 71 dlls is solving your problem even though it sounds weird.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I needed a fresh instal of XP (SP3) just for testing XBMC......just to rule out any other influences by other programs/updates/etc.

1. Installed XP (with driver)
  2. NO UPDATES (don't want M$ to infect my macine!)
  3. Installed XBMC
  4. Tried AMT first (because of issues with scripts in earlier builds)
  5. fetched trailes were neatly displayed in XBMC
  6. NO playback possible for a selected trailer
  7. Inspected log. No error entries regarding the two libraries (as opposed to earlier builds who did)
  8. Log did show issues regarding "libcurl.dll"
  9. ran a dependecy scanner for "libcurl.dll" and it showed the two missing libraries
  10. Copied "msvcr71.dll" and the "msvcp71.dll" to windows\system32

Result -> able to play selected trailers
Fixed it. The coding needed to pass urls to xbmc for windows is slightly different.
But only very slightly hence the fault.
All about - List item call.

Thanks though chaps.

Veoh plugin is running great now on windows along with ninjavideo.
will release them soon.

All of my plugins will soon run on xbmc for xbox,windows,linux.
Great Voinage!

Does your fix work XBMC wide or does it only apply for your plugins?
Damn it, you're right Laugh
Libcurl doesn't work with our internal dll loader afaik and uses the native one which of course needs the mentioned libraries.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_patch

Wink
Special-casing libcurl like this might be a mistake. Do we know how it's breaking (i.e. is it reproducible?) If so, please trac the issue so we don't forget about it Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

why isn't libcurl using our internal loader?? it should work asfar as I know. there was an issue awhile back, but that has since been rectified.

afaik we didn't get shoutcast to stream. It works in the debugger when running VS but it doesn't work without (even debug binary).
Charly and I didn't found anything which could cause it but then he tried it without our internal loader and it worked.
Does anyone have any idea why adding those two DLLs would not solve the issue on Vista x64?

I'm running XBMC Atlantis Beta1 and the AMT script that comes with it. I'm getting the DLL load error in my log (below). I have msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll in \system32 (also tried putting them in xbmc\system). All of the other DLLs that libcurl depends on are also in \system32 already.

Here's my log:
http://pastebin.com/d4ce13599

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libcurl does not load when asked to play a stream via python?0